[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm lost and could really use some advice, friends. So,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: couple-talking-4[1].jpg (113KB, 800x462px) Image search: [Google]
couple-talking-4[1].jpg
113KB, 800x462px
I'm lost and could really use some advice, friends.

So, I've been with my partner for a little over a year and a half. We're a monogamous, straight, cis couple but both queer. We started living together at the beginning of the month and things have been fine. We both share the space in as civil a manner as possible, but I can't really say I'm happy? I'm worried about bringing this up with my partner because she assumes that when I say I'm unsatisfied with the relationship that she's done something wrong - which I'm sure isn't healthy or productive. The last time I brought up possibly spending less time together or being poly, she had an absolute fit. Suffice to say, it shut down any possibility of me bringing it up ever again.

I've really been trying to ride this slow roller coaster of romantic love but the dysphoria is too strong, y'all. Is selfish for me to want more than my partner? Should I try again to convince her that our love is still valid even when we're not spending 90% of our time together?
>>
>>8489720

If you're not happy, then it's not a healthy relationship. You can rationalise all you want, but all you're doing is prolonging the inevitable at the expense of your youth.

Have these conversations. Figure out what you want. If it ends then that's fine. If it works out then that's great.
>>
>>8489720
>couple talking
>bmwf

(((and it's beautiful)))

>OP fell for the polyamory meme
Why are so many queers against pair bonding?
>>
>>8489720
>straight, cis couple
>>/adv/
>but both queer
fuck off
>>
>>8489720
It sounds like you both want two totally different things out of a relationship. Playing by her rules will make you unhappy, but likewise playing by yours will devastate her. Don't try to talk her into being poly if she doesn't want that, you'll only end up hurting her. Just break up.
>>
Damn, I forgot 4chan is full of literal 15 year olds. To those of you that have actually had mature, queer friends and know where I'm coming from and aren't just boys pretending to be gay - thanks for your advice.
>>
Polyfags can't get along with anyone besides other polyfags.

Enjoy your STDs
>>
Dissatisfaction is a natural human emotion and not necessarily caused by real situations, even though it can focus on them. You need to figure out if your dissatisfaction is directly caused by your monogamy or your situational stasis/life stage. Even if it is caused by your monogamy, is it wirth compromising your relationship to acheive greater freedom?
>>
>>8489768
I mean straight cis people can't be queer, like they just can't. Like I get that you and your circle of "mature, queer friends" like to pretend to be LGBT sometimes, but that doesn't mean you are. LGBT people deserve their own spaces separate from play-pretend "queers" such as yourself.

That said just break up with your gf.
>>
>>8489744
Alright, I know this might be a hard concept to wrap your head but queer people don't have to be in queer relationships. I know - what a revolutionary concept.

Also, if you demonize everything that becomes a "meme" you'll never be happy or be capable of understanding anything because you allowed someone else to convince you that it was wrong by turning it into a generalization. There is a wealth of scholarship on the subject of why romantic love is destructive.This it not to say there's anything wrong with two people wanting to maintain monogamous relationship, but it's important to recognize that, in this life, you always have options. Never limit yourself.

Good luck to you, anon.
>>
>>8489779
>your whole post

Ah, very *tips fedora* of you.

But anyway polyfags will never know true fulfilling love or happiness. Sad but tru.
>>
>>8489786
Seems like he's being rational and you're just shitposting at him. But yeah, fedora meme right? So epic! top kek!
>>
>>8489790
>your whole post

Ah, very *samefags* of you.
>>
>>8489790
Tis the season of summerfags.
>>
Well, should've figured this post would go nowhere. Deleting this thread. Thanks for a summery time, anons.
>>
File: 1366252192546.jpg (34KB, 569x308px) Image search: [Google]
1366252192546.jpg
34KB, 569x308px
>>8489720
>We're a monogamous, straight, cis couple but both queer

LMFAO, FUCK YOU.
>>
>>8489813
>makes shitty thread that says some dumb
>people say dumb inflammatory shit in response
>"ugh everyone is stupid but me!"

Kek lmao.
>>
It's almost as if a relationship requires some effort and communication.

>poly
Gross
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.