[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How come whenever I get close to deciding to transition I start

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 1498156480292.gif (1000KB, 500x269px) Image search: [Google]
1498156480292.gif
1000KB, 500x269px
How come whenever I get close to deciding to transition I start doubting myself? Most weeks I tell myself I'll call the informed consent clinic near me on the weekend, but when the weekend comes every doubt imaginable comes into my mind. I have dysphoria I've wanted to be a girl at least some what for over half my life, so why am I afraid and get filled with doubt?
>>
File: image.jpg (23KB, 640x361px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23KB, 640x361px
Because you're a normal trans person.
>>
>>8488702
That's actually crazy how much trans people doubt themselves. Does make me feel a little better, but still doesn't make me doubt myself less.
>>
>>8488731
What ARE your doubts, precisely?
>>
>>8488687
It takes like a month to get an appointment, even when you get the appointment they don't always start with hrt right away and even when you're prescribed hormones you are not signing up for anything. I was afraid of being labeled trans just for making the call, funny how that works because now people doubt my transness. Every day that you take your meds you make the choice to transition, so don't feel like you cant back out.

But the earlier you do it the more thankful you will be, trust me
>>
>>8488777
I'll start to think about when I don't feel dysphoria and think maybe it will go away entirely. I'll start to think what if it's just a phase even though it's lasted this long. I'll tell myself maybe it's just a fetish. I'll start to think of how it could possibly mess up my life even worse. Too much to list honestly basically everything that could make me doubt myself even small things.
>>
>>8488800
One thing that helps is to stop wondering whether you're trans or have dysphoria but whether you're okay with modifying your body in that particular direction. People have modified their bodies in significantly worse ways on much more of a whim then you are putting into this decision
Think of it like worst case scenario you're a non-dysphoric femboy on hormones, which there's apparently some around on this board
>>
>>8488800
Those are normal doubts. If it reassures you, estrogen absolutely slaughters your libido and you probably won't fap for a few weeks / months. If you transition it can't be a fetish since you actually have no sex drive for a half year or so until it comes back. Can't be a fetish if you're almost incapable of becoming aroused for a few months.

Dysphoria isn't always high intensity either. It can come and go over a period of time. That's normal. But it probably wont go away, it isn't a phase, and you're probably stuck with it for life.

If you have trouble getting yourself to the clinic remember that HRT isn't permanent for quite a while and you can always start, stop, and pause as you feel like. You can reverse the changes quite far into transition too. HRT is more like a temporary process you can draw out as long as you like.

Not transitioning is as much as a choice as transitioning. You just have to decide whether you'll take the chance at being happier in the future.
>>
>>8488800
Dysphoria is cyclical for a lot of people.
>>
>>8488687
From the sounds of it you are crazy.
>>
>>8488702
The traditional trans narrative is wrong. Don't believe these bitterhons.

STOP FAPPING, and cure yourself.
>>
>>8488800
>I'll tell myself maybe it's just a fetish.
This is how AGP deniers trick AGPs into repression.
>>
>>8488687
>>8488797
i actually want to kms just because i waited ''so long''
i had my first appointment with an endocrinologist when i was 17, nearly 18, and he told me in order to get everything i need/want i need to talk to a therapist. i'm turning 19 in 2 months and i first called a therapist around 1-2 months ago and had my first appointment a week ago just to find out that it's gonna take 6 months to get hormones. if you're really serious about it do it as fast as you can instead of whining
>>
Just go ahead and trap yourself.

Doubt is completely normal, everyone has doubt.

Don't worry about it.

Please, take hormones and don't end up like I did.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.