[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have any you guy's tried crossplay as a means of coping?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

File: 1494306073208.jpg (201KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
1494306073208.jpg
201KB, 500x700px
Have any you guy's tried crossplay as a means of coping? Pic related, I really wanna crossplay her.
>>
>>8487659
No, because I'm not a fag.
>>
I crossplayed back when I was in my "I'm just a feminine gay guy who likes to crossdress sometimes but it's be so much better if I was a girl guess its time to sleep lots and try to kill myself" phase.

Protip: If you're aiming REALLY hard for authenticity when you're crossplaying instead of treating it like drag you may want to see a therapist. There is a BIG difference between crossplaying for keks and being too natural at it and strangers WILL see that and point it out.
>>
>>8487659
Not to cope, but i did cosplay your Pic related. Borrowed the jacket, did the rest for less than 80 bucks. Openly and acceptedly trans though.
>>
>can't bring myself to transition
>can't bring myself to even crossplay
>>
>>8487705
How would people react to it? I have a man voice but if i used a lot of countoring to hide my ugly nose and brow i can mostly pass.
Too scared to dress like a girl normally
>>
File: suicide-medicalrfcom[1].jpg (124KB, 900x582px) Image search: [Google]
suicide-medicalrfcom[1].jpg
124KB, 900x582px
tfw too ashamed and feeling incongruent to even roleplay a girl online
>>
>>8487783
What do people mean when they say "roleplay as a girl online"? I don't see the average woman behaving on the internet in a fundamentally different way than men. Sounds like an AGP fantasy.
>>
>>8487659
If you're not a cis-tier, transitioned at 12, smol girl, then do yourself a favor and don't crossplay anime girls. You'll just look like a damn fool.
>>
>>8488003
If you've transitioned, it's no longer crossplay...
>>
>>8487801
Maybe by roleplay they just mean pretend to be a girl and leave it at that, rather than sperging out and going full "don't hit on my silly boys"

I'm nasically a full time girl online but I don't ever bring it up intentionally or anything like that. I just use voice chat and it goes from there. You can have a female online persona without being an autismo.
>>
>>8488037
wow you have a passing voice? did you use that common method with rising larynx? How long did it take to train?
I always wanted to get female voice even prior to realizing there is more to it... but I cant take any high notes and only sound like a fag
>>
>>8487801
I've been assumed to be a girl online and I guess that must have influenced how people treated me.
>>
>>8487659
My highschool life in a nutshell. When there were cons to go to, I would use it as an excuse to crossdress.
>>
>>8488106
>did you use that common method with rising larynx?
I have literally never trained.

>How long did it take to train?
Like I said I have literally never trained. I've just always been like this. I don't have an adam's apple or anything. I don't know. There's not really much difference between my male voice and my female one. The female one is just how I used to talk normally on the phone or to people I didn't really know very well. And after enough phone conversations I realized that everyone thought I sounded like a girl.
>>
>>8487659
I crossplay because I like crossdressing and also going to cons. Don't think I'd recommend it for coping. Shit, spend 10 minutes on /cgl/. There's a pretty large part of the cosplay community that's hella catty and toxic. Get a normal coping strategy like anonymous sex or crack. Or go see a therapist I guess. They apparently have things that can help or something.
>>
>>8487659
Does it work as a means of coping? Crossdressing at an anime convention must be like crossdressing / being trans anywhere else i.e. everyone avoids you, lots of disgusted stares and laughs, etc
>>
>>8488850
Cd can be a hobby and no says you have to be in public
>>
File: at last.jpg (37KB, 375x500px) Image search: [Google]
at last.jpg
37KB, 375x500px
>>8489225
if you don't pass and then you can just say you "did it as a joke."
>>
I never actually crossplayed before I transitioned, I just thought about it a lot and it made me very happy to think about but also very embarassed and scared.
And I would always start thinking about wanting to roleplay the character and it always started to seem like a bad idea to get into this intensely emotional, vulnerable place in public.
Also I never went to cons anyway; I would be going out of my way just to be in an appropriate place to cosplay.

>>8487659
Who is this character and what are they from? What is their personality like?
>>
File: 1494318781920.jpg (104KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1494318781920.jpg
104KB, 1024x1024px
>>8489823
That's Futaba Sakura from Persona 5. she starts off as a sad hikikomori, but after she joins your party she opens up more. basically your typical otaku NEET, except actually pretty and cute.
>>
>>8487711
Do you have a picture? would like to see.
>>
>>8490122
Nice
>>
>>8490122
Aren't they all like 15? How would she be a NEET?
>>
>>8490131
No, i was an idiot and forgot to get any pictures of myself. I didnt think I passed all that well, even with makeup, but it seemed to fool other people. Could just be the big wig.
>>
>>8490174
That anon didn't precisely call Futaba Sakura a NEET, just that her personality was *like* a typical NEET.
But the meaning of NEET has gotten kinda muddled lately, and used to describe an antisocial geeky personality that you can have even if you have a job.
>>
>>8487659
I'm MtF pre-HRT and I want to do a "crossplay" in four months, following your thread <:
>>
File: 1362438552943.jpg (543KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1362438552943.jpg
543KB, 1920x1080px
>>8487659
Hmmm, that sounds pretty awkward unless the material really means a lot to you. But then, I have been looking at this...

On the one hand, I have been getting into sci-fi quite a bit. And I do know other people with a serious appreciation for it.

On the other hand, I have certainly not been reading nearly as much as I understand I should, nor really discussing this stuff with those people much.

On the pro side again, it could in theory allow me to flex my appearance a lot, open up to a lot of looks.

On the con side, that would take a lot of work.

Back to the pro side, I'm convinced i really should dive into tinkering with clothing intensely, it seems very important for dealing with all those women's clothes out there that are unflattering or otherwise slightly problematic on a vaguely-male body.

Of course, since I'm talking books as a foundation for this stuff instead of the conventional gold standard escape that is anime or possible video games, shit already gets weird, and there's so many more issues, potential advantages and so on to conceive of.
>>
>>8487668
This whole board is filled with faggotry, particularly by now, this is far more of a geeky or nerdy thing, and that is what manages to be too freaky for everyone still:
>>8487573
>>
>>8488850
Doesn't mean you have to hang specifically with those exact people. Unless you're hellbent on taking some envisioned easy way out.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.