[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i'm not lgb or t, but i was thinking today that if using

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: Teletubbies.jpg (55KB, 1400x704px) Image search: [Google]
Teletubbies.jpg
55KB, 1400x704px
i'm not lgb or t, but i was thinking today that if using hormones to change your gender is legal, which i think it should be, than all psychotropic drugs should also be legal
i would also like to try hrt for short period, not because i was born into the wrong sex, but because i enjoy drug experiences, and i think experiencing how the other half perceives the world would be ridiculously invaluable
>>
>>8471110
If you live in a place that has Informed Consent, you can try that.
>>
>>8471110
Just be careful to make that a short time because if you start growing tits, that's permanent. Of course, I question how good the drug experience would be because it takes a while to build up in your system and it's not an intense thing, most of the mental changes are subtle and very much of the your mileage may vary kind.
>>
>>8471110
Hormones alone won't really let you "experience how the other half perceives the world", there's more to it than that. Trannies have different neurology and you can't discount the element of actually living as the target gender in society with all the relevant implications. Hormones also take effect gradually, just think about how many years puberty takes.
Really all you could expect short-term is your emotions being kinda out of whack.
>>
>>8471142
>if you start growing tits, that's permanent
Well relatively. A lot of the actual growth is just fat which can go away and you can get a surgery, I mean that's a standard part of transition for female-to-male trannies.
>>
>>8471187
I'm assuming OP doesn't want to have to pay for and deal with surgery because of a little drug experiment, when it's as easy to avoid as making sure that experiment is short. I'm just making sure he knows if it goes on long enough that breast growth starts, it's not going to go away automatically when he stops.
>>
>>8471199
>I'm assuming OP doesn't want to have to pay for and deal with surgery because of a little drug experiment
Well sure but taking hrt for some armchair hypothesis about understanding the other side isn't exactly just "a little drug experimentation" like trying out mushrooms once. I mean it's like taking chemo to see what the experience is like, if you're not expecting some serious implications then you clearly don't understand what you're trying to do.

>if it goes on long enough that breast growth starts
Again. it's relative. There's fat redistribution and hormonal swelling and then there's actual breast tissue development with glands and shit.
It should be irrelevant though because the whole idea is stupid.
>>
>>8471179
>Trannies have different neurology
Not as far as has been shown in any functional way.
>>
>>8471290
>functional way
Maybe in so far as we don't fully understand the brain and all its functions but we've observed consistent significant neurological structural differences in trannies that put them in-between the standard patterns for the sexes.
We've found similar but much less extensive differences in gays and lesbians too.

I mean, the state of the research and our understanding of the brain in general is only so far that we can say "there is a difference in sexually dimorphic structures" but you have to pulling some "god of the gaps" denial bullshit to not realise the obvious significance of even just that much.

>inb4 their degenerate tranny brains just changed that way from their degenerate lifestyle and sjw brainwashing
The differences include structures that become non-plastic around the time babies leave the womb.
>>
>>8471537
Yeah you don't get to go muh god of the gaps as though that somehow proves or is evidence in any way for your unproven hypotheses.
>>
>>8471547
>ignoring the rest
>obsereved differences in sexually dimorphic structures is just a hypothesis
So you're just shitposting, ok.
>>
>>8471561
There's plenty I could say on the rest, like asking for a citation on the last sentence just for starters, but if you're willing to strawman me that badly regarding observable differences I don't see why you'd give productive or honest replies on anything else either.
>>
>>8471589
>if you're willing to strawman me that badly regarding observable differences
Ironic since you just ignored most of my post and strawmanned it as suggesting "god of the gaps" as evidence for my "unproven theory".
Anyone can look at the thread and see my argument was the rest of the post which you ignored while the bit about god of the gaps was just an additional aside insulting you for being too stupid or in-denial to admit the significance of research you don't want to believe.

But let's entertain your bullshit for a second;
My entire point is that neurological differences have been observed that are related to the differences between the sexes.
What possible meaning could you have for whining about "your unproven hypothesis" other than to suggest such differences are just a hypothesis? Especially since you're asking for a citation and therefore are doubting the existence of such differences?
I mean you're literally contradicting your own bullshit here and trying to have it both ways, poor victim of an unfair mischaracterisation that you think the differences are just a hypothesis, but also doubting sceptic that needs to be convinced of the existence of such differences with citations.
> I don't see why you'd give productive or honest replies
It doesn't matter if you think I'm honest if I can provide a citation but then you're just whining to set up an excuse for yourself to ignore whatever evidence you don't like.
As for a citation, here's the very first result from a simple web search:
https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn20032-transsexual-differences-caught-on-brain-scan/
Physical structural differences in the brain, literally observed.
inb4 you try to make excuses and ignore it just like I predicted
>>
>>8471179
[citation needed]

I'm so sick of these traditional narrative superhons. While AGP is utter bullshit, so is "We're female brained in a guys body."

No no no. We're awaiting more research, and right now transition is the only option for people like us in cases of transition or suicide, or those that feel that will one day get to the point of transition or suicide.

There is no conclusive proof either way, believe whichever thing you wish, but do not claim it to be fact.

>>8471743
These are not conclusive. There is quite a few studies of the "traditional narrative", however they are heavily lacking, and are quite low quality evidence that has not been cross-checked with many different forms of people extensively.
>>
>>8471760
Nothing would be conclusive for you.
What you call "the traditional narrative" is the default precisely because the research continues to support it.
All the research that has been done on the topic has produced data that supported the current prevailing ideas while nothing has supported or even hinted towards any alternative.

Literally, all you have is trying to nit-pick at the research that there just haven't been enough people studied and compared or insinuating without evidence about vague agendas and conspiracies that supposedly manipulate and invalidate evidence in undefinable ways.

I would actually 100% agree with you that we need a LOT more research because as a small population trannies just don't get enough focus. It just so happens that the more data we get the more it just supports that "traditional narrative".
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.