[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>born in extremely conservative christian family >grandma

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 4

File: dq.jpg (193KB, 640x800px) Image search: [Google]
dq.jpg
193KB, 640x800px
>born in extremely conservative christian family
>grandma in particular is the most vocal about her beliefs
>she hates smoking, drugs, tattoos, body modification of any kind, too much exposed skin etc, but in particular she thinks gay people are disgusting and hates any kind of 'deviancy'
>come out to family as trans (mtf) after being on hormones for a few months and making sure I'll be ok if I am disowned by them
>everyone is uncomfortable with it EXCEPT my grandmother who demands that everyone accept me
>claims she always knew I was this way and she wants to support me however she can

How is this possible?
>>
Hate the sin and love the sinner...

But desu, I'm catholic and I hate myself for being a fag... At least I'm virgin...
>>
>>8464272
Iran hates on gays but allows people to transition because the supreme muslim dude declared a man can be born with a woman's soul and vice versa.
>>
>>8464285
She doesn't think it's wrong though, she claims that my being this way is God's will and that God gave me a 'woman's heart'
>>
>>8464285
>I'm catholic
Considering how much of Catholic tradition was simply repurposed pagan tradition, you might as well be a Wiccan.
>>
>>8464293
>>8464299
so it's the exact same line of thinking
>>
>>8464299
Idk then... Would she tell you if she disagrees?

>>8464308
Fucking wasps everywhere...

kys
>>
>>8464331
Yes brother, I agree! Hail to the mighty Zeus! Hail to the gods of Mount Olympus!
>>
>>8464331
Everyone else did.

Today I got a package in the mail from her with a bunch of gift cards and some of her old jewelry and a letter addressed to her new granddaughter. She is being dramatically more supportive of it than I could have imagined.
>>
>>8464335
You're a fucking cunt
Why would you wanna see me mad?
>>
>>8464272
Hey that's dragon quest 4? I loved that game when I was young.

Anyways your grandma is an angel.
If I was you I would do more stuff with her while she's still alive. She seems like an awesome woman, strong but caring.
>>
>>8464388
Honestly, would worshipping the Greek god known as Zeus be any more silly than worshipping the Semitic god known as Yahweh?

Just think about it Anon.
>>
>>8464374
How cute ;3

She loves you, anon, you're lucky to have her
>>
>>8464400
My faith and guilty isn't rational, anon, it's not like I don't wanna feel free and shit...

Fuck, I just wanna cum inside a boipucci and cuddle, but I'm afraid of std's and going to hell...
>>
>>8464433
What will be, is what you will know to have always been.

You will be free, when you will know that you have always been free.
>>
>>8464433
>but I'm afraid of std's and going to hell
STDs are real, let's put that aside. Let's look at hell. Why are you afraid of going to hell? Give me as much possible information as you can, the more context the better.
>>
>>8464394
>>8464414
I'm ridiculously lucky, I feel like this isn't real honestly
>>
>>8464272
I've found religious people to be the most genuinely supportive. A theist believes in the unseen, in the unreliability of the senses. They won't reduce you to chromosomes. Your grandmother can conceptualize that you have a woman's heart; she doesn't need facts and figures to corroborate the self-evident.
>>
>called my grandmother to thank her for the gift box she sent me
>she wants to come over and talk to me about "responsibilities" and "relationships"

What does this mean and what should I expect her to say
>>
>>8464695
Go to her and have the talk god your grandmother sounds awesome
>>
>>8464695
Sounds like she's gonna give you advice.
>>
>>8464394
Ackchyually, it's DQ7. Pretty good, but absurdely long.
>>
My guess is you were GNC enough in childhood for grandmommy to notice and she harbored the suspicion ever since.
>>
>>8464662

You should add the disclaimer that they're like that when they are accepting. My entire family is religious and pretty much no one is OK with it, except one aunt. And even then she told me it would bother her if it had been one of her sons.

>>8464695

She's going to tell you not to give up the boypussy to just any fucker looking for a hole, to value yourself and your modesty, and not look for happiness in a man. She'll teach you to cook and some other things.
>>
>>8464272
>tfw no supportive grandma
>>
>tfw your grandma starts her conversation with you by explaining that the term sexist is a lie created by feminists to erode the concept of being a woman
>>
>>8464976
She's not wrong.
>>
File: 1417158735004.gif (810KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
1417158735004.gif
810KB, 500x600px
>>8464772
Yeah sorry I got it wrong, DQ7 is the one from ps1 where you're a fisherman.
Awesome game tho.

And OP, go visit your grandma and tell her she's awesome for me, ok?
>>
>>8464272
She doesn't see you as a gay person, she sees you as a woman trapped in a man's body instead.
>>
>>8465070
I just did though. Well she visited me
>>
Traditionalist people aren't necessarily more homophobic, they are more attached to uncompromising bravado and saying the right things in public, in a praise of authority and sternness.
Their ferocious and boundless loyalty to those close to them often overpasses what they say. Unlike what we're taught, people were less black-or-white and normative in their opinions before. I've seen many such cases - a south Italian grandmother embracing her lesbian granddaughter etc.
These are people who forged their opinions before mass media, political correctness etc. taught everyone what to think. Good people.

But whatever her opinions are, she obviously has a lot of love for you. And that's all that counts.
>>
>>8465076
She explained more about her feelings. When she was a kid, the first person she ever loved was a boy in a girl's body (which is ok because they were a boy) and she's always known that people like that exist (she also implied but didn't outright say that that person committed suicide).
>>
>>8465151
>the first person she ever loved was a boy in a girl's body (which is ok because they were a boy)
lol those next level gay excuses
>>
>>8465151
In other words, she trashed gays because she fell in love with a tomboy and probably had self hatred.
>>
>>8465164
>>8465160
She has some real hangups. She talked about sex-related topics more than I was expecting
>>
File: 1497621184411.png (210KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1497621184411.png
210KB, 600x600px
Don't you just love it when newfags actually believe these larp threads
>>
>>8465151
she gets it. good girl grandma. new meme.
>>8465160
>>8465164
/gaymascdykegen/ is that way 8======D
>>
>>8465199
>thinking something good could ever happen to a tranny
I know right
>>
>>8464272
It happens. My mom is totally fine with me being trans and thinks it's just how I am but thinks being gay is a choice. Idk weird shit.
>>
>>8465199
People can be nice to others sometimes.
I love you anon, don't give up.
>>
My religious grandmother is super supportive of gays and trans people and them having all the rights and priviledges and just normal lives of a straight/cis person.

But that's because she believes they're all gonna burn in hell for eternity, so they might as well have a great, happy life while they're here.
>>
>>8465151

>tfw your dad had an intersex AFAB friend who identified as male but he was still a transphobic piece of shit

Seriously, it should be so hard to see a similarity between trans and intersex people.

>>8465240

She thinks gay men are just straight women who chose to take the easy way out instead of transitioning.
>>
>>8465151
>she also implied but didn't outright say that that person committed suicide
How did she imply it exactly?
>>
>>8466008
"The pain in her heart was too great and I lost her"

And yeah she used female pronouns
>>
>>8466018
>And yeah she used female pronouns
I don't know what to make of that.

I'd like to hear more about trans people in pre-modern times.
>>
>>8466058
She switched between he and she multiple times through the conversation without pausing or thinking about it. She didn't really tell me much about her (presumably) ftm childhood friend other than that he was really important to her.
>>
>>8464272

You're probably too feminine. She always hoped you would correct yourself by choosing to be a "woman."
>>
>>8466073
What age were they confirmed to life to? Like if there was an anecdote from when the two of them were 19 or whatever?
>>
>>8466086
The only details I got were that they met as small children and were friends for over 10 years
>>
>>8464272
its in fact quite common. my grandmother was almost 100 when i came out telling people openly i was intersex and intending to live as female and male was a mistake. she grew up in the 20s and 30s, was at college during the war, she was teacher, and she had a real old school christian sternness to her, she knew the bible well and had strong faith. she was instantly accepting, remembered my name despite her worsening dementia and apparently had been telling my parents i was a girl and not a boy all through my life. she passed away recently. the rest of my family are snooty and snobby and like to bring up how my grandmother was proud of me and supported me, but implying they don't. they despise me and are ashamed of me, and she kept them in line like the battleaxe she was. i miss her, she was a fierce, proud old woman.

grandparents are detached enough, not as invested into the idea of you rather than the real you, chances are spent time with you when you were a young child where they could witness your character and ways, and they have the life experience of having seen a lot of stuff through the years. they often have a better idea of whats going on than parents do.
>>
>>8466100
The world needs more amazing grandmas
>>
My grandma only heard about my being trans second hand. Fastforward a few years and she sees me at Christmas and thinks I'm somebody's friend/guest/girlfriend. She says that I look like a pretty young lady and turned a 180 and is now more suportive than my immediate family. I guess she though I was running around looking like a man in a dress but seeing me look "normal" made her get it.
>>
>>8464272
I'm mtf but very socially conservative otherwise, I even think homosexuality is disgusting. It's completely possible.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.