[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Could someone explain the agp meme using words that normal people

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: 1602.jpg (211KB, 900x1166px) Image search: [Google]
1602.jpg
211KB, 900x1166px
Could someone explain the agp meme using words that normal people understand? I look it up and I just get obsolete computer terms, so I assume it's completely made up. Care to indulge my fascination in your lore?
>>
>>8458769
Boy doesn't want gf -- wants to BE gf! Hot!
>>
>>8458887
I would say
>boys wants gf
>also want to BE gf
>>
>>8458910
Having a gf is a substitute for being one.
>>
>>8458769
AGP is short for autogynephilia, that should help in looking it up.
>>
>>8458769
https://sillyolme.wordpress.com/faq-on-the-science/
>>
>>8458769
I'm told I have agp despite not fapping to myself in girls clothes which seems like a prerequisite to having agp in the first place. I just feel extremely happy and comfortable when someone acknowledges me as female. If it's a cute guy then I usually get a bubbly happy feeling even if I'm not attracted to that guy in particular. I'm more or less asexual these days but I really want a tall, strong, bf to cudlle with who calls me cute and likes when I do stuff for him. Basically wanting to be a girl in any capacity is AGP to /tttt/.
>>
>>8458958
>fapping to myself in girls clothes which seems like a prerequisite to having agp
It's not.

>I really want a tall, strong, bf to cudlle with who calls me cute and likes when I do stuff for him.
A G P
G
P

>Basically wanting to be a girl in any capacity is AGP to /tttt/.
Why would you want to be a girl if you're not AGP? (HSTS don't 'want' to be girls.)
>>
>>8458982
Maybe you're just psychologically, sexually, and romantically incompatible with typical male social roles and also lement the idea of becoming more masculine and further away from your ideal self with every passing day. Not everyone who hates being male wants to be their own gf. I specifically don't want a gf unless she acts like a man and has a dick. It's sort of a tall order for any real woman. And even then I wouldn't be comfortable being with her if she were cuter and more feminine than me. I'd always be feeling inadequate or vulnerable. It's just noe feasible.
>>
>>8458958
AGP is about fantasies and thoughts not fapping to yourself in the mirror. That's just narcissism and you'd be like buffalo bill-tier schizophrenic if you're doing that.
>>
>>8459022
Well then what fantasies do you need to have to be AGP?
>>
>>8459008
>sexually, and romantically incompatible with typical male social roles
Let's hear the details of this idea.
>>
>>8459059
I've never been able to click with a woman because they always want me to be, for lack of a better term; a man. When they see that I want to be in the role that they also want in a relationship everything falls apart really quickly and they usually call me gay or something. Most of my life I've been treated like shit by people close to me for not being masculine enough. And I tried to be more masculine for a while but I just don't like it at all. As far as sex goes; I don't really want to penetrate anyone... so that makes it more or less impossible to be a normal straight guy. But even if I was a gay bottom I still wouldn't want to keep getting more and more masculine looking as time went on. I want to nip it in the bud right now so I don't have that problem later (or rather, I've already started taking care of it). It's already bad enough as it is. I'm not sure how shrinks and scientists say gender identity is supposed to work but I do know that for me, being born with a penis was a mistake. Everything's wrong about it at least from the perspective of the life I'd like to live. I don't want to be my own gf or any stupid bullshit like that. Nor do I get off to being a woman. It makes me happy in a completely non-sexual way because it satisfies other desires. And still, to /tttt/, literally everything is AGP. To the point where the term has lost all meaning entierly.
>>
>>8459031
Self-insertion as the girl in sexual fantasies. The other partner can be either a guy or a girl.
Technically every single trans person and every single cis woman will have AGP cause if they're not self-inserting as a girl in their fantasies then they're not a girl.
>>
>>8459100
That's doesn't sound very AGP.

>It makes me happy in a completely non-sexual way because it satisfies other desires.
You mean allowing you to have a relationship with a woman in the role you want?

How do you feel about each other thing that would have to change for you to be a woman instead of a man?
>>
>>8459113
>all trans people are agp
see what I mean.
>>
>>8459115
I'd hapily trade them all. My feelings vary from no attachment to "I fucking hate this". Obviously there would be downsides to being a woman, like periods and being made out of glass. But it's minor compared to being uncomfortable and dysfunctional my entire life.
>>
>>8459213
But the social implications, like the female gender role, female clothing, being expected to date a guy. How do you feel about each of them?
>>
>>8458769
>normal people
>Admitting lgbt is abnormal.
Got it.
>>
>>8458769
AGP is a bullshit term invented by a dumb canadian who studied pedos and other fetishists until he and his research partner turned their sights to trannies. specifically sad old hons in the immediate area around the university he worked in. he determined based on that small group with no control group that trannies are either men so gay they can't function in society without pretending to be women or men who want to become their own sexual fantasy for miscellaneous reasons.

it's a bullshit meme parroted by underageb& on this board whose introduction to gender theory was cara's troll threads

sage
>>
>>8459236
>Female gender role
The modern conception of the female gender role is really pretty nebulous. In fact in most cases it's just a less restricted version of the male one with the admission of fragility or a slightly lower economic or emotional status. But what is appealing to me about this? The most simple way to put it is that I'm submissive and tend to want to be more nurturing than protective. That's a big no no for men for some reason. And it isn't a hard and fast rule that men CANT be those things, but it's always assumed that there's something wrong with you or at the very least you're gay. I have a slight "thing" about this subject, though because most of my bad feelings about male gender roles and the general experience of being male come from my father trying to force me to be more masculine for 18 years. Even when I tried it was just nothing but discomfort. If that's the intended effect of masculinity then I question why anyone who isn't a masochist would ever want to be male.

>Female clothing
Clothing is clothing for the most part but female clothing is, as a rule, just like female social roles; less restricted. You can wear pretty much anything. I do like work wear. Suits and stuff like that are really nice. But women's clothing is almost always better. But that isn't something inherent in women's clothing. It comes from the less restricted design philosophy that's emplyed when making female outfits. It's much easier for me to find women's clothing that looks nice and doesn't feel like a rip off because of the price.
(cont)
>>
>>8459588
>Dating men
I tried dating women. It wasn't fun at all. I have nothing against the idea of dating a man and I've been romantically attracted to men before but unfortunately I don't count on ever being able to find one. I don't want a gay man who sees me as another man. But most straight men aren't into mtf. And alot of the ones that are, want you to dom or use your penis. Which really defeats the point of everything. For the most part I don't think of romantic love as the thing that will fufill my life so I don't worry about it more than a few times a week. I'm more eager to feel comfortable just being myself without people trying to trll me there's something wrong with me all the time. Assuming I pass and nobody outs me that is.
>>
>>8459588 >>8459100

Thanks for detailed write up, I share most of the same sentiments though Im AGP and grew pretty much without a father.

Men dont have nearly as much freedom of selfexpression and are not allowed diversion form the established norms (unless you are in some bohemian circles where everyone is gay and artistic)
>>
>>8459588
>most of my bad feelings about male gender roles and the general experience of being male come from my father trying to force me to be more masculine for 18 years.
what did he do?
>>
>>8458769
AGP=Heterosexual man larps as lesbian after years of cross dressing/jacking off in wife's/daughters panties stops giving the same earth shattering orgasm it did in the early days
>>
>>8461501
Generally just police my behavior and thoughts, punishing behavior that was too feminine. One example is that I used to flick my wrists alot when trying to show the general area of things. Like pointing to something or otherwise extending my arm. Anyway my dad basically had told me not to do that a few times and to, instead just point normally. It seems like something unimportant. But aparently is was important enough for him to slap the shit out of my hand every time he saw me do it. Another example is him trying to tell me how to walk. As in; he literally didn't like the way I walked and spent 2 hours trying to get me to walk a different way. Later if I didn't walk in the way he taught me he would get upset.
>>
>>8462844
That's really weirdly obsessive. What else did he make you change?
>>
>>8462880
He used to basically shave my head and prevented me from ever having hair longer than 1/2 inch until I was in high school. Also around the time I was 16/17 he kept trying to get me to go fuck random girls. He'd say "Such and such girl seems nice you should go hang out with her." or "This other girl was looking for you earlier. Give her a call." Like his general attitude was that he was proud that I got so much female attention but I don't think that he realized that even though all my friends were girls I didn't have any interest in them romantically. Trying to get his approval really fucked me up around that time because I pretended to like a good friend of mine when I really shouldn't have. And I had literally no idea how to fake masculine affection. I baked her some brownies and gave them to her at lunch. It was so silly. And then I just didn't hang out with her all day. Thinking back on those times almost gives me an aneurysm. Jesus I'm so happy to be an adult now.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.