[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi lgbt. I'm new here and I'm not LGBT, I'm a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 3

File: 1480454452801.jpg (75KB, 632x636px) Image search: [Google]
1480454452801.jpg
75KB, 632x636px
Hi lgbt. I'm new here and I'm not LGBT, I'm a straight parent but I need your advice. Yesterday, I got a call from my child who was born male's school saying that he tried to commit suicide. I read his note and it said that it was because my child was transgender. How do I deal with this, and what can I do to help? I don't care about what my child identifies as, I just care that I have a child that's well and healthy and I don't know how to help. Please, my child is 14 and I need your help.

Also, what pronouns should I use while my child looks like a boy?
>>
>>8452307
Put your child on hormone replacement therapy. It looks like your child identifies as a girl. So refer to her as a girl now.
Buy her female clothes, make her grow long hair and tell her to shave her body.
>>
>>8452314
I thought hormones were only for over 18s or no? And great thanks for the response.
>>
>>8452307
Has she acted very femininely before or like a typical boy? Are her friends girls or boys?
>>
>>8452323
That depends on the country, but hormone blockers to stop male development are a definite yes even if you have to wait before actual HRT for female development.
>>
File: things that never happened.jpg (64KB, 640x920px) Image search: [Google]
things that never happened.jpg
64KB, 640x920px
>on 4chan
>on /lgbt/
>straight
>has a kid
>>
>>8452324
>>8452326
I'm from England and my daughter is mostly friends with boys but hr has never seemed happy and never talked to them outside of school.
>>
>>8452335
I don't know what the law is for blockers/HRT in England but imo the most important thing is to make it clear that you'll be supportive, look into getting blockers right away, and then HRT when it's possible.

At 14 there can be a lot of irreversible masculinization of her body, so blockers really can't come too soon.
>>
Sacrifice your child to the Kek gods by performing one of our many fucking rituals.
>>
>>8452307
Are you for real asking on this website after childs suicide attempt?
You'd be talking to psychologists and gender therapists and what have you instead.

Dont joke about this stuff please
>>
>>8452354
I normally hang around /g/ and this is the only place I've ever known where to ask. Nobody here has a reason to lie and many of you have personal experience.
>>
>>8452363
Get a GP's appointment as soon as you can so you can get a referral to a gender clinic.

UK gender clinic waiting lists can be 2 years so order blockers online yourself if needs be.
>>
>>8452365
OK, thanks for the advice. Are there any other ways that I can support him other than just saying that everything is OK and I'm OK with her gender?
>>
>>8452369
Make it clear you're open to talk about anything, but that there's no pressure to.

Say what you're doing regarding the referral and that you'll do whatever's needed, make whatever appointments, etc, just as long as you're told what to do to help.

Ask the GP or look up online any local support groups she might want to attend.

Say that you'll use whichever pronouns, name, etc she wants you to and that she just needs to say when she wants you to change (she might not be ready for female pronouns or have decided on a female name yet).

Offer to buy her some female clothes, either yourself or giving her some money or letting her pick things out online and ordering them, while giving her privacy about what she chooses and saying so in advance.

Recommend her some trans resources like websites, especially ones for for trans youths (or LGBT youths in general) and UK ones. Also reddit's trans sub and /lgbt/ (although she'll get banned if she does more than lurk).

Give her plenty of privacy, in her room and online to read the support sites.
>>
>>8452397
Thank you kindly. This has been very helpful and while any further contributions to the thread are appreciated, I need to go pick up my wife to see her in the hospital, so I won't be able to reply. Thank you all for your help.
>>
>>8452397
>recommending that a transperson in their early teens should browse /LGBT/
because seeing all the constantly posted shit about how if you don't start transitioning at 7 years old you'll be an unpassing ugly goblin monster won't damage her self esteem right? the rest of your post was good and sry if this comes off as mean but it just didn't seem logic
>>
>>8452438
I doubted myself more when I recommended reddit. It's a hugbox and wouldn't let a young trans person get accurate information. /lgbt/ has its toxic sides like all of 4chan but it's not a hugbox and lets people be entirely open and honest and has a very diverse range of opinions. If she doesn't like it hopefully she'll find reddit and any other sites she can find or OP finds for her more reassuring.
>>
>>8452397
Probably shouildnt overwhelm with all that after a suicide attempt, just show support and acceptance and make child feel sure there is a good future and all the current problems can be solved.

>>8452417

ALSO there might have been a problem in the school, Bullying and shit - thats a very common reason for child suicide - not fitting in and getting bullied and rejected by other kids.
So thats a very important thing to take care of. Child needs to feel accepted and safe. Maybe changing school.
>>
>>8452483
>Probably shouildnt overwhelm with all that after a suicide attempt,
Maybe OP should make it clear he's willing to be supportive and she can talk about anything, then mention the other things when the daughter initiates a talk, or just one by one over time.

Some things like giving privacy don't need to be mentioned ahead of time.

Links could be printed out and left for her without saying anything.
>>
>>8452453
seriously you dont want to show 4ch to a 14y/o with enough problems already

half threads here are trans-hating, baiting or suicidally depressed and can drive even me into tears and hopelessness and Im an adult who's been here for many years and seen enough

r/askTG is shit too
>>
>>8452363

>nobody here has a reason to lie

OP PLEASE
>>
>>8452307
I'll tell you what you should do: get the fuck away from this board.
You might get maybe one or two helpful answers before shit gets fucked. Get your kid into therapy. Preferably a therapist that has experience with trans stuff. Also, ask your kid what he/she wants to be referred as. Your kid may not need to go through the standard amount of therapy to get a referral but getting them into therapy will probably help them get through whatever other problems that may be present. Honestly, therapy should be mandatory for everyone.
>>
>>8452566
I'm back from hospital, daughter is stable which is good. What do you mean by this? I've never seen anybody lie on /g/ and this board isn't for LULZ xD so why would it be any different?
>>
>>8453382
All of 4chan has its bad side.

It's important to consider there may be more than just gender issues here. Have there been signs she was bullied or lonely or had any other major worries?
>>
>>8452307
Is that an actual fucking headline? Is this actually fucking real?
>>
>>8453402
yeah, it's from the good old days of 2010 canada if you kill your enemies they win
>>
>>8452502
Why do you think asktg is shot? I've never had problems there.
>>
>>8453406
Holy hell, Canada is even more beta than I thought.
>>
>score in my own goal 5 times
>automatically win

Checkmate leafs.
>>
>>8453476

>canadian soccer
>where you try to score in your own goal, and they other team tries to prevent you from scoring in your own goal lest they forfeit their win
>it's exactly like regular soccer
>>
If your child is 14 they are too dumb to make decisions about altering their body or their identity. You're the fucking parent here act like one. 14 year olds are still fucking kids that barely understand the most simple things in life. This is beyond their comprehension.

If you think he has a genuine condition take him to an expert.

I can tell you something about most people on this board. Half of them are the age of your son, most have mental problems (depression etc), and the vast majority of them have never raised a child. These are not people you should fucking take advice from. Go see an expert until than act like a fucking parent.
>>
>>8452307
homeschool
>>
hes fucked,
might as well just give up on him and prepare for the eventual funeral when he kills himself.
>>
>>8452307
what does the note say
>>
>>8452307
literally just buy grey market cyproterone acetate and give it to him tbqh
>>
>>8452307
Asking for advice for a problem this serious with these shitheads on 4chan? That's a big recipe for disaster. You owe it to your kid to talk to a professional.
>>
>>8457918
The advice so far seems good. /tttt/ has a kind heart.
>>
>>8453561
>This is beyond their comprehension.
14 year olds are more than capable of understanding they are trans. Sure, see an expert, but you shouldn't need an expert to tell you if you are trans or not, even as young as 14. If someone is suicidal over being trans, forcing repression because you don't think they're old enough is only going to cause more grief and misery.
>>
Why are you asking for help on 4chan of all places? Go ask on reddit. Christ.
>>
>>8452307
Was she bullied?
>>
>>8452332
You could at least crop out the whisper logo
>>
File: 1470343584105.png (451KB, 1907x2074px) Image search: [Google]
1470343584105.png
451KB, 1907x2074px
>>8452307
>>8452314
Don't listen to this insane freak. /pol/ reporting in. What your kid needs is a therapist, not being pushed further into this madness. If you make your boy transition, you will make irreversible damage to his body, making him sterile. Be reasonable : XY can't and will never become XX, no matter the amount of surgery and hormones. Refer to pic related.
Also : www.sexchangeregret.com
>>
>>8461674
>/pol/ reporting in.
Like he needed even bigger retard than people already here.
>>
>>8453561
Listen just cause you were a retarded 14 yo, it doesn't mean we all were, sweetie. Now pls take your bags and go back to where you came from >>>/pol/ with your friend over here >>8461674
>>
>>8452307
>asking for advice on 4chan
>on /lgbt/ of all places
Ditch this place right now and take him to a professional therapist, he needs his gender dysphoria fixed ASAP, he doesn't need to have his dick chopped off.
>>
>>8462576
You're not going to "fix" gender dysphoria with therapy. It can't be done. By the time you're suicidal over gender dysphoria, even at age 14, HRT and transitioning is pretty much inevitable. You do want to be sure actual gender dysphoria is there, though.
>>
>>8454591
Why?
>>
>>8452307
call him a faggot
>>
>>8452307
You and your kid both need to do some serious research about being transgender, what it's like, etc. Take your kid to a therapist that works with trans patients and HAS GOOD REVIEWS FROM TRANS PATIENTS. Don't jump right into HRT, in case your kid is not actually trans, but definitely consider it. I'm glad you're trying to be supportive. I've my parents had put me on hormones early, I wouldn't be 19 and paying all the endo/med bills myself.
>>
seek jesus
>>
>>8452307
Ottawa is a nice city
>>
>>8452307
I really mean no offense, but... coming to a 4chan board to ask for help? Of all places? I'm guessing you browse some other board, since most other people don't think "4chan board" when looking for serious help on a topic.
>>
>>8461859

You were retarded at 14 and you're evidently still retarded, giving retarded advice to other retards.
>>
>>8452307
>>8452323
Your child is already going through male puberty.
So its time for them to switch to female now asap.
Obviously if they are commiting suicide, you should talk to them with a psych.
Sometimes its hard for a kid to talk to a parent because of many different reasons, but a doctor wouldnt have these problems.

Let them know that you love them and want to help them and that you are okay with whatever they decide. Ask them what they want to do. Tell them you just want to know that this is permanent and you just wanted to make sure it wasn't something else and you take their request as being transsexual very seriously.

Then what you should do is let them know that you need to test their blood to make sure their organs are healthy as well as get a base level and check to make sure there aren't any other underlying problems. Then let them know shortly after that, they can start medical transitioning. But they can change many different aspects and start transitioning day one. Really stress that.

Take them shopping and let them pick out whatever they want. Ask them what pretty girls that they like wear and get them that as well. Let them pick out a nickname so they can go by that until they decide on a name. Constantly remind them that you love them and youre here to help them every step of the way. Let them know its okay to change their mind about anything because things can be scary and overwhelming and thats perfectly fine and they can go as fast or as slow as they want. Let them know that are at a really really good point in their life to transition and that things will go very well for them It can honestly be really scary for them.
Tell them that they need to listen to what they really want and let them know it can be scary so perfectly normal to think about regretting it because whenever you start anything that breaks your normal routine its scary much less something really difficult like this Tell them this is their life and they are in charge
>>
>>8452307
She's an AGP.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.