[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should prison sections reserved for lgbt inmates be encouraged?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: k11.jpg (291KB, 644x996px) Image search: [Google]
k11.jpg
291KB, 644x996px
Should prison sections reserved for lgbt inmates be encouraged? I can imagine it'd help to increase the safety of trans people and other highly ostracized queers. If not, what should be the alternative?
>>
>>8451529
Brings a new meaning to the term prison gay.
>>
>>8451529

An emphatic NO.
You demand equality everywhere else in society.
But then you want to be segregated in prisons.
Shouldn't be able to have it both ways--unless you're bi-.
>>
>>8451624
For a passing trans person prison is basically a sentence to years of rape. We do need segregated prisons for trans people other wise being in the wrong place at the wrong time or even defending yourself can result in being fucked everyday. They even rape hons a passing trans girl who's non op wouldn't stand a chance.
>>
>>8451640
It's almost like there's a bigger problem that has nothing to do with being trans...
>>
>>8451529
Eh, we don't bother segregating lgbt refugees from cisrapefugees either so why make a difference for prisoners?
>>
>>8451667
A corrupt justice system? That's pretty obvious but if fucked up ass backwards states are going to continue putting non op trans women in with men they need to at least offer solitary when I was in jail I pretended I wanted to off myself to be put in solitary and I don't pass but I have tits and look like a femboy I wasn't taking my chances.
>>
>>8451529
>stop breaking the fucking law

That said, convert a solitary cell to the standard comforts typical of a normal cell and keep the prisoner isolated from general population.

>>8451640
This is a disturbing reality that prisons should take into consideration. If somehow I ended up in prison, I'd rather get an execution sentence than be placed in with other male inmates. Putting a tranny in a male prison, exposed openly to the other prisoners is definition torture.
>>
>>8452116
>This is a disturbing reality that prisons should take into consideration. If somehow I ended up in prison, I'd rather get an execution sentence than be placed in with other male inmates. >Putting a tranny in a male prison, exposed openly to the other prisoners is definition torture.
Agreed, this is a fucking nightmare, makes me feel anxious just thinking about it
>>
>>8451529
I kinda get trans only but it's difficult situation. Especially with how you define "queer".

There's a lot of 'straight' guys that'll do gay shit in prison. Lot that'll dress up like a women when locked up but then when free go back to male and never have felt any dysphoria. Same for women.

It's more important to enforce prison rules that already exist. Like no sex and no violence among inmates. Easier said then done sure but that would nip this issue in the bud where you wouldn't need to segregate.
>>
>>8451529
There should be sections reserved for any "at risk" inmate. That includes trans, gay, sex offenders, law enforcement, child abusers, high profile cases ...
Obviously at the same time more should be done anyway to prevent the abuse of these prisoners without having to segregate them from the general population but that's probably never going to happen.
>>
>>8451529
I support all passing mtf's who have not had bottom surgery to be segregated into a prison with cell walls that are durable but transparent and can easily be seen from my bedroom window.
>>
>>8451624
In order for that to be equality, then all people must be put in prisons of the opposite gender.
>>
or we could just....not have prisons be violent rape dens for anyone involved and have prisoners actually have their own space so they don't have to devolve into violent monkeys just to avoid getting raped and shanked
>>
>>8452947
Sex offenders already have their own section because the general prison population doesn't like them apparently, but most of the time they put in the gays and trannies in with the general population because cops are just assholes
Also this only applies to max security prison, you're not gonna get raped in county jail
>>
we should just abolish prisons, there's no reason for anything beyond the level of a small county jail.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.