[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hi. anyone kinda annoyed about the media portrayal of LGBT? especially

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1496795107905.jpg (125KB, 750x938px) Image search: [Google]
1496795107905.jpg
125KB, 750x938px
hi. anyone kinda annoyed about the media portrayal of LGBT? especially gay guys. they always portray them as either weirdos with thick mustaches in leather jeans, or as really lispy sassy guys wearing flamingo scarves.
what if im just a guy! like, i love being the more feminine/gentle/sensitive one of the relationship, but how the hell do you get from that to flamboyant rainbow scarves and elephant makeup waving your fuckin cock around in front of innocent bystanders at a so-called pride parade? i have no pride for that whatsoever, its the most gross and humiliating thing ive ever seen. could you imagine if they had one for straight people where they just fucked on a float or threw pocket pussies at the audience? i mean come on!
when i tell people im gay now they act like i wanna run around shopping or acting like a woman when all i wanna do is be cute and watch netflix while snuggling a beefy man ): how hard is that? why can't they just treat us like normal fucking people? i dont want to be treated like some encounter with the third kind that has a pre-set behavior and attitude. in East Asia being gay isnt even a big deal. nobody cares. you just go about your life being attracted to guys and it doesnt really affect anything, especially in japan. nobody expects anything of you other than to think cocks are cool (they are)
what the fuck is the West's obsession with making everyone the most degenerated decadent imbecile on earth?
> also who else polgbt here
>>
>>8450611
Every trans in movies is a late transition, low effort hon
>>
File: SP3_wallace_chi.png (572KB, 1016x1223px) Image search: [Google]
SP3_wallace_chi.png
572KB, 1016x1223px
>>8450611
What about Wallace? He's promiscuous, but otherwise pretty normal
>>
>>8450611
If you just make them regular dudes, then the stupid audience won't know that they're gay. Just like in real life. Straight is the default state, meaning that unless someone is obviously gay, you'll just assume they're straight.

There are two ways of being obviously gay. First one is kiss your boyfriend, the second is be a lispy sassy guy wearing a flamingo scarf. The first one is very likely to cause issue with christian viewers on tv.
>>
>>8450611
I'm not "annoyed" at it. I hate it with all my strength, and those responsible for it will get what's coming for them.
>>
You got to choose whether or not you want to be in the media (gays chose to by making a bunch of noise) but you don't get to choose how they portray you.

Can't have your cake and eat it too.
>>
One thing that's always been a pet peeve of mine, and maybe I'm alone in this, but I've never liked how it always seems like younger gay guys end up with guys in their 40s+, like I'm pretty sure that's not reality but it comes up a lot
>>
>>8453194
>maybe I'm alone in this, but I've never liked how it always seems like younger gay guys end up with guys in their 40s+
Ayy you're not alone there.
>>
>>8450611

people write what they see, and then they exaggerate it a bit. i live in west Hollywood and i rarely meet anyone as flamboyant as the gays on TV are often portrayed.

i dont mind it too much cuz everyone else is stereotyped too but what i dont like is how everything i do now seems to be reduced to my gayness.

we were all doing karaoke (which i dont even like but my straight friends wnated to go so whatever) and the only song i recognized was 'kids in america' so i sang that and friends started saying ;its cuz hes a gay boy; that i know that song. as if they dont know the song. maddening.

one time I brought lunch, i had made chicken alfredo the night before and everyone said it was because i was gay that i like chicken alfredo.

its stupid but now im having an issue about wearing kimono. Its basically just a really soft robe that i got cuz i actually grew up in fucking japan, my whole family wore them on lazy sundays and the like, but im embarrassed to let my friends see because i know they will just reduce it to a gay quirk.

then there's the compensating. I played rugby for two yeras in highschool and people say 'its okay you dont have to pretend around us' cuz now gay guys literally aren't allowed to like sports and im just compensating apparently.
>>
>>8453304
>I played rugby for two yeras in highschool and people say 'its okay you dont have to pretend around us' cuz now gay guys literally aren't allowed to like sports and im just compensating apparently.
You should have went off on them and told them to eat shit for assuming you're some flamboyant faggot.
How full of themselves do they have to be to assume you gave enough of a shit about their opinions on you, that you would go through two years of playing a sport and pretending to like it?
Jocks are homo as fuck too; I have yet to be sexually harassed by any other group of people, save for teenage/college girls and lesbians.
I'm not complaining tho lol
>>
>>8451003
I mean it's not even about imitating reality. Where are all the aesthetic as fuck gay superhero/gods? Why can't all these shows/movies that put a "twist" on classic tales have a nice thicc lesbian?

Like why do straight characters get to have all the fun but the gay ones have to adhere to reality for whatever fucking reason. A str8 character can fuck his teacher, a str8 character can be literally everywhere at once, but oh no the lesbian has to JUST be a boring side kick with some quips.

I just want more creativity honestly, that's fucking it bruv
>>
No. media is all about using stereotypes to sell a story. Stereotypes exist for a reason.

for everything flamer/hon tranny/leather daddy out there there's 100 normal fags living normally and you'll never know unless you ask them or bump into them on >hookup app of choice<

trust me, you know many, many gay people that simply don't don't give a fuck and don't want actual drama. Enjoy the TV shit for what it is: fictional drama
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.