[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>best friend is pregnant >she's unable to breastfeed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4

File: mika.png (150KB, 412x500px) Image search: [Google]
mika.png
150KB, 412x500px
>best friend is pregnant
>she's unable to breastfeed because of a double masectomy (breast cancer)
>tells me about her concerns about using baby formula because doctors say you should optimally breastfeed for the first six months
>says she's considering buying or using donated milk
>week later, talking to her again
>she starts asking me questions about my transition, hormone therapy (I'm mtf)
>starts asking about my boobs, then asks if I'd ever consider expressing milk for her in the future
>told her that she should ask her doctor if that's a good idea before asking me

Of course I don't know anything about baby nutrition but isn't there some kind of health risk for feeding a child breastmilk from a trans person Won't my biology fuck with it in some way or at least make it inferior? Would the fact I'm on HRT affect it? Why would someone even consider asking a mtf for this when surely other better options exist?
>>
>>8449977
If you breastfeed the baby you will corrupt him turning him into an AGP whore with incestual tendencies.

The baby will literally consider you his second mother but once he finds out you're a tranny it will eternally break his mind possibly turning him into a tranny too.
>>
>>8449977
>Won't my biology fuck with it in some way or at least make it inferior?
Not really. Boobs are boobs. The only thing I'd be concerned about is whether or not you're going to be able to get the hormones you need to lactate.
>>
>>8449977
Nice triple dubs
>Would the fact I'm on HRT affect it?
Most likely this, and you're right about asking her to ask a doctor first.

People can be desperate.
>>
File: 1495843536154.jpg (55KB, 510x622px) Image search: [Google]
1495843536154.jpg
55KB, 510x622px
>>8449977
If you're using a synthetic estrogen or an anti androgen it might get passed through your milk. I have no idea though, I'm just brainstorming.
>>
>>8450028
If they're on injections the risk would be low/nonexistent if they take pills I feel some of the estrogen and AA would get into her fluids
>>
>>8449993
She said she would ask her doctor about it either today (which would have already happened earlier) or monday.

I can't imagine an answer other than "no, just to be safe"
>>
>>8449977
>is it safe to breastfeed a child when I have ESTROGEN in my system????

Anon....

There are many cases of trans women breastfeeding their partner's children. Or even their own nieces and nephews. One weird thing though is that this girl is your friend and not your partner, so her doctor might not recommend it.
>>
>>8450082
>There are many cases of trans women breastfeeding their partner's children. Or even their own nieces and nephews
That's news to me but I guess it's not that hard to believe. It's more the antiandrogen I'm worried about affecting it than the estrogen

>One weird thing though is that this girl is your friend and not your partner, so her doctor might not recommend it.
Not that it matters since she just messaged me back, but why would that affect it?
>>
>>8449977
i was never breastfed even once, and i consider myself in good health. there are plenty of people who grew up as formula babies. sure, maybe its not the 'best' for the child, but do you know what modern medicine does thats also not exactly the 'best'? tearing the placenta off the newborn child as soon as theyre born. the placenta is an organ belonging to the newborn child filled with a third of their blood. because of this practice, newborns often leave the hospital with anemia. this is considered normal. the people who pioneered the americas never removed the placenta manually, and those people were made of stone, walking up to 40 miles a day through unforgiving territory. anyway, what im trying to say is that people do stupid shit to babies all the time, her kid will be fine. don't confuse your relationship with her or her child.
>>
>>8450230
>don't confuse your relationship with her or her child.
I'm not sure what you mean by this, honestly.
>>
>>8450230
>we do 1 bad thing, may as well let open the floodgates of bad things
just
>>
>>8449977
>is it safe to breastfeed a child when I have ESTROGEN in my system????

no, you will give them uterine cancer if they are girls
you will give it testicular cancer if it is boy

don do it!!
>>
>>8450247
obviously i dont know op, or her friend. i dont know how close they are, or how theyve come to this idea. i want to point out that it could change the relationship, not necessarily for the better, why risk the friendship?
have you ever been around heavily pregnant or new mothers? women are different during these times, often more emotional and instinctual. when it comes to new babies and moms, things often dont turn out as planned. she might say yes now, but when the time comes she could put up that boundary out of maternal feelings. i could see this being painful for op.

>>8450251
a huge amount of people already do these crappy things regularly. to the point that they are considered normal.
>>
>>8450313
If you're curious, we've been friends for over 12 years (I'm 26, she's 29), we're basically family. We used to have a sort of friends with benefits kind of thing before she started dating her now husband. I suppose it could change the relationship, but she didn't ask me to breastfeed her kid, she just wants milk.

>how theyve come to this idea.
She's physically incapable of breastfeeding and wants to use natural milk instead of formula for the first six months. I'm not really sure why she asked me but I guess it's because we're so close and she'd rather it be from me than a stranger.
>>
>>8450349
>she'd rather it be from me than a stranger.
oh, i don't know.
you sound pretty strange.
>>
>>8450349
thanks for the clarification, this makes a lot more sense now that youve explained in greater detail. i simply wanted to caution you against self sabotage, but thats clearly not in the cards here.
>>
>>8450230
>her kid will be fine

I don't know about anyone else but I'm banking on this guy posting on a Tuvaluan hide and go seek forum
>>
>>8449977
If you're healthy and on proper hormonal dosage AND not taking any kind of prescription drug other than your hormones it will be clean.

Honestly I would be more worried about not being good enough for her baby than anything else. She seems to trust you a lot which would probably make me extremely nervous at the task.

IMO, do it if she finds no other way and you're comfortable with it (after talking to the doc).

Also I worry I would screw up with the kid psychological state for some reason. You know, like it or not being breastfed by a tranny ain't that normal...
>>
>>8449977

Some studies say transdermal (gel or patch) estradiol is safe because it isn't passed to the baby. I can't find it now, but another study supported that and also said that oral administration is unsafe because it does carry over into the breast milk. I can't say for sure, but injectable estradiol might be safe.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4641053/
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0015028204011239

You probably shouldn't provide the infant's milk anyway since your anti-androgen is likely to bleed through. To be sure of the safety of your milk, you should get it tested. Make sure to do so if you take intramuscular or subcutaneous estrogen. It's an unknown.
>>
>made thread because hadn't heard from her in a while and wanted to know what anons think
>she starts talking to me about it as soon as I make the thread

>>8450464
Apparently the doctor said it's the same procedure for milk donation, I just have to visit a doctor and have my health evaluated and take a drug test. They'll also be able to test the milk too down the line. Antiandrogen isn't really an issue because some women who breastfeed have conditions requiring them to take those anyway, I just have to let them know how much I'm taking and I may need to lower the dose before doing it. The real issue is alcohol and drug use which I'm perfectly clean on.

I still haven't decided if I want to do it or not, even if everything is safe.
>>
>>8450464
>Also I worry I would screw up with the kid psychological state for some reason
I asked her about this too. She said that if her child ever asks for some reason about how she was breastfed, she'll tell them that one of her friends did it and not go into detail.
>>
>>8450576

So it's known the baby will be a girl?
>>
>>8451134
No that was a typo, I meant to use they. I guess he/she would have been better though
>>
>>8449977
Are you on progesterone?
>>
>>8451198
Yeah, why?
>>
>>8450155
>Not that it matters since she just messaged me back, but why would that affect it?
What did her doc say?
>>
>>8451210
I posted it here >>8450496
>>
File: Felix_Argyle.png (616KB, 667x598px) Image search: [Google]
Felix_Argyle.png
616KB, 667x598px
>>8449991
Well, how else do you expect us to proliferate if we're infertile??
>>
>>8451202
I think you need progy to make colostrum which newborn babbus need? Might be misremembering tho.
Are you going to breast feed directly?
>>
>>8451221
I haven't decided if I'm doing it yet, but if I do it won't be direct breast feeding, just milk donation
>>
>>8451225
You have an endocrinologist right? I'd do it personally cause it's a nice thing to do and she confided in you and it's an excuse to gain an extra cup size, but I'd consult with endo first just to be sure it's safe and so she doesn't feel alarmed if your hormone levels change
>>
>>8451233
I want to do it honestly but I have this lingering tranny shame and guilt about it for some reason, like it would be wrong of me to do it. I don't know why I feel that way

I do have an endo and would talk to them about it of course.
>>
>>8451243
It's up to you anon but I think you know your concerns are self destructive and unjustified. Did she ask you for economical reasons? Newborns really shouldn't use formula.
>>
>>8451272
Yeah, that feeling has nagged me since the beginning of time about everything, I need to just get over it already.

>Did she ask you for economical reasons?
I don't think so. It seems like she very specifically wants me to do it instead of someone else
>>
>>8451278
I c. I'm interested, what's your relationship?
>>
>>8451281
I mentioned it briefly here >>8450349
>>
>>8451283
Go for it. Save that poor babbu from growing up to be a brainlet
>>
>>8451289
It's late here but tomorrow I'll probably tell her that I'll do it. I want to be there for her since she's always been there for me. I'm not relay sure how this all works though but the doctor will probably explain it all.
>>
>>8449977
nope, perfectly safe
christine mcginn did it
here's an article (90s site design warning) on the topic:
http://annierichards.com/lactation.htm
>>
>>8451369
>inducing lactation requires pumping your breasts for 20 minutes 8+ times a day
>google it to verify and it's true

Jesus that is dramatically more involved than I was expecting
>>
she's willing to feed her baby hormone laden tranny "milk" over formula
the fuck is wrong with her...
>>
>>8451412
>human pregnant females do not produce progesterone and prolactin

t. raised on formula
>>
>>8451412

/pol/, you really need to stop the retarded knee-jerk reactions. If you had read the thread like a civilized person the actual safety of the milk is going to be looked into.
>>
>>8451412
>no proof of adverse effects from mtfs on hormones that perfectly emulate the hormones in a pregnant woman
>plenty of proof that formula significantly stunts the mental and autoimmune development of children
>>
File: benadryl_tho.jpg (2MB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
benadryl_tho.jpg
2MB, 1200x1200px
>>8451412
>she's willing to consider risking giving her milk from literal human breasts(male)
>over something that will provably turn her precious child into Bubba the Tard
>>
>>8449977
There's a drug called domperidone that's often used to help induce lactation, but I've heard that if you take it while your breasts are still developing then it will stop them from developing further.
I'm not too familiar with inducing lactation in general or how it affects breast development, but it's something you might want to be wary of.
>>
hey this thread is still alive

>>8459024
I've been doing a lot of research. I have plenty of time so I'm probably going to avoid any kinds of drugs or medicine that help induce lactation and see if I can do it with just manual stimulation first. If that doesn't work I'm going to add supplements and stuff
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.