[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is coming out to your parents so hard? I honestly don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

File: 1497607230390.jpg (130KB, 894x894px) Image search: [Google]
1497607230390.jpg
130KB, 894x894px
Why is coming out to your parents so hard? I honestly don't think many things can be harder than trying to do this.
>>
>>8449846
Probably because they raised you and expected children from you. Coming out as anything LGBT basically confesses that your chance of having biological children is minimal. As part of a species that values reproduction we know that will hurt them.
>>
>>8449846
It means you're smart enough and have enough tact to not be deluded about where you see yourself and your desired place in society (a la I'm a REAL woman!), and were brought up "right" in the hetero-cisnormative zeitgeist that anyone different should be ostracised.
Your parents' raised a well-adjusted, bright person who is self-aware. These are good qualities. Too bad all of these things will now make your life as trans hell.
>>
>>8451196
I love how OP didn't even say what she was struggling to come out as but we can all just tell she's mtf anyway.
>>
I already came out as gay to them before. 8 years later and they've still not processed it 100%. Telling them I'm tranny would absolutely destroy their fragile souls and I honestly can't bear inflicting it upon them.
>>
I'm living life on easy mode. Both my parents are gay (and divorced), so I had no problems telling them I'm trans.
>>
>>8451231
I wish I was you anon I really do
>>
>>8449846
You've clearly never tried curing cancer
>>
>>8449846
came out to my mom a month ago, it was hard to tell her, but once i did she was cool with it
>>
>>8451234
That's because you've only the positive aspects of my life. The Instagram version.
>>
>>8451262
True, but god would coming out be so easy if my parents were gay
>>
>>8451268
Yeah I came out to them as a gay boy when I was 12 which pleased my dad. Then came out as trans at 14 which pleased my mum.
>>
>>8451287
God I'm over here having a heart attack thinking about coming out to my parents. I would kill to have parents that would be happy when I come out.
>>
>>8449846
Because you're a failure to them.

Also because the world has gobbled up the one or two children meme. They've subscribed to the notion that it's possible to obsessively train exactly the number of people you want to have to be exactly the way the world wants them to be, instead of going with a practical approach of just having three kids, and if one of them ends up not coming together as planned, so what?

And if they're right wingers, anything queer is an insult to religious values. And if they're lefties, they're scared shitless about a sexual lifestyle distracting you from civic dedication, and they're worried about contrived quasi minorityism just being a sleazy covert weapon with which to get one up on poor, disadvantaged immigrants.
>>
>>8451287
Kind of creepy on both counts.
>>
>>8451307
I would be thrilled to have parents happy that I came out of the closet
>>
>>8451303
my moms a religious liberal and she didnt care that i was gay
>>
File: 1450294710249.jpg (204KB, 1500x999px) Image search: [Google]
1450294710249.jpg
204KB, 1500x999px
>>8449846
Because the world is changing so rapidly, they keep hoping against hope that the resilience of the family will come out on top, and reassure them that all that social upheaval bugging them will turn out to be nothing meaningful. They're hoping for you to prove to be the pillar of continuity that will defy their nighmares that they don't have the strength to acknowledge.
>>
>>8451322
They are going to hate me forever aren't they?
>>
>>8451332

Um no. They'll probably disown you and call you a freak and tell you transgender doesn't exist and all trans people are homeless then kick you out.

Then 8 years later they'll want to reconnect cos one of your parents is on their death bed and they want to make amends. Also your other parent died 4 months ago but they didnt tell you. No hard feelings, son : )
>>
>>8451360
Sounds about right it's horrible too because I can see this happening after them tricking me with the unconditional love meme.
>>
I sat down for dinner with my mom and said "So I came out to my psychologist as trans today, and so this is me coming out to you i guess"

it was p hard to work up the courage tho
>>
my parents are homophobes and expect children. also they think I was molested when I wasn't so they'll just blame that
>>
>>8451332
Depends.

If their world comes crashing down, they probably will reverse.

If a solid way of reversing trans sterility is devised, things will change. If it becomes possible to effectively disable transwomen's testes, or adjust them to actually produce estrogen or progestin, and also to later do the opposite and reactivate sperm production, and then also to make trannies lactate effectively, including producing the extra nutritious milk that's there for the first four days after birth, then the tide will turn.
>>
dreaded telling my parents more than anything, but it turned out perfectly fine.
>>
I transitioned more than 20 years ago and my father still deliberately misgenders me. I really resent that. When I transitioned I didn't tell my parents ahead of time, I just did it and told them after. My mother was always OK, but my father has been a real SOB about it for all this time.
>>
>>8449846
Wasn't that hard for me, can't speak for everyone though. It really depends on your parents and how they raised you.
>>
What makes you want to come out to your parents? I've thought about it, but never thought about it, but always thought it was a bad idea even though I know at least my dad would be chill about it.
>>
>>8455291
They are my parents they raised me.
>>
>>8455312
Yeah, but why does them raising you make you want to?
>>
>>8455315
You wouldn't want to tell your parents about your life or something as life changing as being lgbt? Not to mention I'm trans eventually they are going to find out anyways.
>>
>>8455332
I guess I've tried to make it a small part of my life. I'm bi so I've just never brought up any dudes I've been with around family.
>>
>>8455033
>transitioned more than 20 years ago
Post pics
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.