[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've never been to therapy for the purpose of helping me

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1.jpg (28KB, 363x335px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
28KB, 363x335px
I've never been to therapy for the purpose of helping me with becoming my desired gender. How is it like?
>>
Bump. I have an appointment the 22nd to start my path. I would sorta like to know what to expect.
>>
>Feels pretty good, m8.
If its 1v1, then just remember that they're a trained profesh, and you should try to trust them, and be open and honest.

Group shit is decent because there are a lot of similar struggles to learn and empathize with, and the old hons just want to see you have a good life. Pretty well every t. Has some level of anxiety and shit luck in life, so don't worry too much about people judging if you decide to share.

Good luck, and be brave, anon.
>>
>>8449259
Depends who you go to
Shrinks aren't supposed to say bad things about your gender identity
That being said, if you go to one who isn't supportive or is otherwise uninformed they'll just treat your confession as if you just told them about your favorite sports team, totally unhelpful
If you go to a "gender therapist" they'll be very supportive but they still can't give you moans so it's still a waste of time/money
Psychology is the worst profession, I feel much better after crying to friends on the internet than after a session with some shrink who's just trying to get me on anxiety medication
>>
>>8449259
It is just what you would expect.
You in a room with a bureaucrat asking you questions from a list and ticking off your answers.
If you meet some predefined criteria then you move on the next set of questions.
>>
The first few times I went to my gender therapist it was all intake stuff, just answering question after question so that the therapist could get a good idea of where I was in my life, what I had been through, what I wanted. When I'd mention something self deprecating about how weird or hard to understand something was, they'd nodd a lot and assure me that no, that's completely normal, you're doing fine.

After intake my therapist and I use the time for a lot of things other than gender stuff as well - I have to keep seeing her regularly so she can "monitor my progress" or whatever (surgery recommendation letter requirements), but it's been really good for me. As it turns out, starting hormones was the beginning of me starting to live life and see a future worth building. She's been helping me find my way with coping mechanisms for the things I never learned how to handle, and helping me plan steps to get where I want to go in life. Really opened my eyes to a lot of self-deprecation and self-hatred I had never even realized I was stewing in, and helped me realize that none of it has any merit.

It's good shit. Find a therapist that you "click" with and it's a worthwhile venture.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.