[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys what does it mean to be non-binary gender? This is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 6

File: 2017-06-13-140427_394x508_scrot.png (392KB, 394x508px) Image search: [Google]
2017-06-13-140427_394x508_scrot.png
392KB, 394x508px
Hey guys what does it mean to be non-binary gender?

This is not meant to bash anyone, I understand it means you may not identify as male/female, but like, what does it mean to identify as male? I was born male, and I never questioned it... should I? Like if I like fashion, pink, and stuff that society associated with females, does it mean that I should consider being non-binary?

I don't know anything about gender identity so pls educate me
>>
>>8442478
Do you like being treated as a man? Or would you rather be treated as a woman?

Why?
>>
>>8442478
Non-binary is something that really fits androgynous people, I also love fashion and cute things/women aesthetics and I thought I was trans for a while but after serious thought I came to this conclusion: I want to keep my genitals functioning as they should be, and I might want children. I also don't want breasts, so take that into consideration
>>
>>8442502
I'm hetero(a)sexual, so I only want girls to like me. Once I was roleplaying with this girl online and she was jokingly treating me as a girl; that was pretty hot, but I never had a conscious desire to be treated as a particular gender I don't think?

Are men and women treated distinctly different? Are we talking about romantic/sexual relationships?
>>
>>8442505
Oh I definitely don't want breasts. Doest that automatically mean I'm cis-gendered? (if that's the right terminology)
>>
>>8442517
If you do not want to be anything other than your born gender, you are cis
>>
>>8442513
>Are men and women treated distinctly different?
You don't think they are?

Think of your experience as a child, at work, at school, when out with friends. What differences would there have been if you were a girl?
>>
Non-binary means you are a cis white female who isn't like other girls or you are a cis white heterosexual female who wants a place in LGBT spaces.

The idea of non-binary is completely reductive. It assumes that gender is a spectrum (it is not) and that everyone falls somewhere on the spectrum. If these two things are true then everyone should be non-binary as the first statement implies that gender is a non-binary system to begin with.

If you are born male it may be hard to understand the concept of non-binary as you lack the self-centeredness necessary to claim to be non-binary and then demand space within a community you don't belong in.
>>
>>8442525
I'm probably cis. Maybe if I actually wanted this I would've felt it already (I'm 24)

>>8442526
But that all seems very political/social rather than emotional. Is it really non-binary to want to be treated as a girl/boy because certain advantages that the current society provides?
>>
>>8442530
So gender is not a spectrum but sexuality is? I would've expected some consistency, but I don't have a reason for that
>>
>>8442538
Well what examples do you think of where your life would be different as a girl?

How do you feel about those differences?
>>
>>8442563
More people would reply to me on dating websites, which would be nice. I'd also get job offers easier due to affirmative action. No offence or hate intended

I realise there are disadvantages too though like discriminatory sexism from society, weird sexual standards, and generally the society meaning mean to you.

I don't know how I feel about these differences--I guess none of them are too important to me
>>
>>8442586
How is society generally mean to women?

Maybe they would feel more important to you if it was the difference between getting a job or not?
>>
>>8442600
>How is society generally mean to women?
Well the internet always hates on them whenever they do anything (identify as nerds or something super gatekept by internet men), the affirmative action is sometimes hurtful cause you always doubt yourself "am I not good enough? did i just get this job cause of my gender?" and people around you may think that as well about your abilities, then men are kind of assholes on the internet and always look for sex and act hyper sexual and offensive even if the girl is not into that, they get labeled whores for liking sex, it's just generally a lot of negative attitude towards them

>Maybe they would feel more important to you if it was the difference between getting a job or not?
Maybe, but I can always get a different job, I'm not that career-obsessed and I'm lucky enough to get enough job opportunities that this is not a big part of my life
>>
>>8442626
Lets assume our level of hatred against people is based on how often they are murdered. If that fair enough. Black people are murdered more than white people because society generally hates them more. The poor are murdered more often than the rich. Trans people are murdered more than cis and gay people murdered more than straight. Now consider that about 4 men are murdered for every 1 women. Seems like society hates men a whole lot more than women.

Like I understand that getting your feelings hurt on the internet sucks, it really does, but men get hated on the internet too. In fact, studies have shown that male media figures receive significantly more hate than female media figures.
>>
>>8442478
Nonbinary is to white people as colors on flags are to black people.

Nb means nothing and everything you want.
It's completely baseless and has no medical ground to stand on.
It's just white cis people appropriating lgbt culture and minimalizing transexuality.
>>
>>8442626
>the affirmative action is sometimes hurtful cause you always doubt yourself "am I not good enough? did i just get this job cause of my gender?" and people around you may think that as well about your abilities,
One can only imagine the misery women endure from this mistreatment by society.

>and I'm lucky enough to get enough job opportunities
Without even needing the luck of being born female no less!
>>
>>8442675
Okay that metric is definitely full of confounds. Poor people get murdered cause they live in ghettos and are drug dealers and etc. Black people are poorer than white people so they naturally are more likely to be part of criminal life. Men have macho behaviour and engage in lots of aggressive activities especially when they're drunk etc.

^ Here I'm not debating whether men get more hate than women, I'm only saying I don't agree with the metric even in a simplistic framework

And about men getting more hatred than women--I have no idea, maybe they do. I definitely agree trans people are hated more, but as a man I never really felt hated besides the occasional retarded "durrr kill white cis men" or something which actually sometimes makes me hard cause I'm into submission and I'd sub for a crazy radical feminist even in race-play especially if she's asian lel

Anyway, if men really are more hated, I can't say I relate on a personal level, and I'd still feel like I might get hated more if I became girl just because I haven't really felt hated in my life (white privilege everyone)
>>
>>8442705
Does it really have no research to back it up? I hear people saying that about asexuality and it's false, but I'm not familiar with gender identity. I know for a fact that gender identiy media (poetry, films, play, novels) get a fuckton of attention though. Is it all a sham or what
>>
>>8442709
I'm not even sure in what direction you're mocking me but ok
>>
>>8442717
>Men have macho behaviour and engage in lots of aggressive activities
That's a good point, men take the jobs where one is most likely to suffer a workplace death.

Is there any job that has a high workplace death rate that isn't almost exclusively male?
>>
>>8442743
I'm not mocking you, I'm just examining the things you mentioned.
>>
File: genderbread person.jpg (314KB, 1224x792px) Image search: [Google]
genderbread person.jpg
314KB, 1224x792px
It's great that you ask, Anon! I wish more people were like you.

Generally gender is divided into identity, expression/performance and biological sex. Roughly speaking, that's who you are, how you act, and what your body is like. For example, a butch lesbian who likes bodybuilding and opening doors for pretty ladies might have a female body, have a female gender identity, but a masculine performance. With trans people their biological sex typically doesn't match with their identity and preferred expression. That makes their brain go 'nope, this is all wrong' and turn into self-destruct mode, which is what we call dysphoria.

As for being non-binary, it's different for everyone. I'm agender and that basically means that I feel... abstract nothingness... where people say your genderstuffs should be. 'Gender-appropriate' things feel wrong, gender seems fully performative, gender norms feel like utter restrictive bullshit, and I love the internet because it doesn't assign a gender to me. I would prefer to have an androgynous look, and would use neutral pronouns if they were more socially accepted. There's other kinds of NB's but I can't speak for them, as I don't know their experience.

How do you know whether you're cis or not? That's a difficult question. It's normal for men to have some feminine traits, and for women to have some masculine traits. There isn't a single way to explore your identity, except perhaps just trying out different things until it dawns on you.

And that's about it!

BONUS IMAGE: genderbread person.
>>
>>8442745
Maybe not. Is there no correlation between workplace deaths and physical requirements for succeeding at that job
>>
>>8442757
It would be interesting to rank jobs by the two and see where the most exclusively male ones rank on both.
>>
>>8442756
Thank you anon, it's good to hear a more positive perspective as well. I respect your agender-ness and it sounds cool. Part of me wishes I had felt the struggle of gender identity just to experience this world and what some people feel, but after reading the thread I'm pretty sure I'm cis. I may have some sorts of feminine expression/performance and I'm not manly, so maybe I have something going on that scale, but on the identity scale I think I'm a man
>>
>>8442736
Yes. All of it is bullshit.
It's all just white kids playing special snowflake. Asexuality included.
Nobody in Africa is an asexual demiboy nondesceded testicular alphafemale nonbinary other kin.

It's all fucking stupid and made up 12 year old white girl shit.
>>
>>8442756
Kill yourself.
You are a normal person.
You've just brain washed yourself to fit into some made up fucking box.
>>
>>8442807
>Asexuality included.
Now I cant trust your judgement anyomre anon, because I'm pretty sure asexuality is real. It's true that African kids have more important problems than figuring out their sexual orientation but that doesn't mean that some of them are not asexuals (even some animals are)
>>
>>8442478
Seems like I have feminized brain but I grew up fairly normal, sometimes I feel like Im female and people here tell me that Im repressed trans but most of my life I didn't mind being a man. Being a woman would be fine too but I have to conform to my biological sex and social norms. Maybe Id be totally enb gnc femboy if I lived in another culture.
>>
>>8442800
You're a man. The fact that you sometimes want to prance around like a faggot is irrelevant.

You're like a black person claiming to be white because you cut off the edges of your sandwiches.

Stop being fucking retarded.
>>
>>8442513
>Once I was roleplaying with this girl online and she was jokingly treating me as a girl; that was pretty hot,
How was it hot?
>>
>>8442828
Humans have two sexes.
Some frogs can switch genders because they biologically can.
Humans cannot.
Painting yourself up like a faggot or denying your sexuality because you're mentally fucked up doesn't make you magically able to be biologically unique like those frogs. It just makes you a fucking retard crying reeeee safe space.
>>
>>8442820
You don't know me
>>
File: 1467925399206.png (78KB, 1260x1776px) Image search: [Google]
1467925399206.png
78KB, 1260x1776px
>>
>>8442626
>>8442709
The affirmative action thing is a real issue. In Obama times there was the question of whether he'd received affirmative action as a student, and he and the college refused to answer. Imagine the fallout if it had turned out the president hadn't legitimately earned his position?
>>
>>8442858
Except I do because you're claiming shit that isn't biologically possible.

Tell me about how you're half dog because you sometimes feel like one. Oh sorry not dog I meant girl.Show me a video at the moment you realized you were a girl and show me how through magic and fairies how you became a boy again.

Do you realize how incredibly fucking stupid any of this sounds?
Like holy fuck how do you whites function at all.
>>
>>
>>8442876
>pretending shitskins arent tranny all over the place

LOL tell iran to stop converting its gays to trannies
>>
>>8442757
all the construction or mining or oil rigs... basically everything physical with bad conditions and risk of trauma/death is 99,9% male (except is shitty countries where females have to take on such jobs too)
>>
File: 1496004502360.jpg (37KB, 576x432px) Image search: [Google]
1496004502360.jpg
37KB, 576x432px
>>8442878
tfw its me
except make it
>I guess Im not trans!
>>
>>8442530

Gender is totally a spectrum, and most NB's acknowledge that.

I also agree that most people are non-binary. It's not a special thing.

However, I would say there's a difference between '99% cis, 1% fluid' and full-on genderqueer. Just like there is a difference between '99% hetero, 1% bicurious' and a full-on male fetishist who can only get off to furry cock vore. It's just not the same.

Having said that, I don't really care how others identify. When someone tells me who they are, I try to believe them.
>>
I loosely use the term NB for myself cus the politics of it is bullshit and the community is bat shit insane!

For me though I guess I'd be considered as gender queer? Sometimes I'm ok with my female body and I own a feminine identity. Other times I feel extreme dysmorphia, like I want to chop my tits off and rip my uterus out... I've already decided I never want to get pregnant cus the whole process seems like literal hell to me. I'm confused af and I'm constantly debating whether to come out full tranny or to just get to a level of androgyny. Either way it's a clusterfuck.
>>
>>8442820

Why do you feel so strongly about an internet stranger's identity?

Why do you care?
>>
>>8442807
Plenty of people in Africa are non-binary, and plenty of non-Western cultures have acknowledged gender weirdness before 'we' did.

Also, here's people from 1926 complaining about people not fitting into the gender boxes properly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSlfQ49Bq1s

Look into LGBT history. We have always existed.
>>
>>8443022
fuck off
>>
>>8442863
>>8442878

I haven't heard from a single NB who claimed they were trans.

Because they're... y'know... not trans but non-binary.
>>
>>8443029

What an excellent argument.
>>
>>8442969
its not, there are only 2 genders
BIOLOGICALLY
SOCIALLY

you can deviate from the norms anyway you like you still remain within a particular gender
>>
>>8442982
cause its a total farce that illegitimates and hurts transgenders

its like pretend-cripple for sympathy points or for trolling society (which is pretty much what those tumblerqueers do)
>>
>>8443071
That's what the gays used to say about trans people too.
>>
>>8442898
Just because you mutilate someone doesn't make them trans. It makes them a victim of religiousoppression.
Uh durr
>>
>>8443104
No its what blacks say about wiggers.
Non binary people are transvestites pretending to be transsexuals.
>>
>>8442478
this is the realest answer you're going to get in this thread, because you have uncle toms with conservative views contradicting modern psychology on a fourth-grade level (muh gender not a spectrum feels>reals bullshit) on one side, and cis people confusing gender roles with identities (something you seem hung up on) donning their lab-grown black-market gender identities on the other. i'm from /femgen/ which has a bunch of uncertain trans women, twinks, and nonbinary males in it, so i can offer you a more firsthand perspective.

it's hard for cis people to understand the concept of gender identity because it's a subconscious trait. imagine you're you, in the opposite-sexed body; you'd find it weird. every time someone talks to you, they call you something weird. every time someone even looks at you, they mischaracterize you in a weird way. you look at the mirror and you see weird not-you staring back. your body is weird. the way people treat you is weird. the weirdness builds up over decades. if you read the word weird a lot, it becomes weird. unsettling; read it. weird weird weird weird weird. this is 'semantic satiation'. repetition of 'weird' input 'exhausts' the cortex's "weird"'s meaning's neural pattern's activation neurons, causing 'weird' to lose meaning and weird-out the reader. trans people feel weird about their sex like you feel about the weirdness of 'weird', except it doesn't pass; it just gets weirder and weirder.

nonbinary (or nb, or enby) people are hesitant to declare themselves nonbinary because their gender identity confuses them because there are no prominent nonbinary roles in western society. people proudly declaring themselves nonbinary/genderfluid/agender are usually experimenting.
>>
>>8443104
bullshit
and you have a horrendous statistics of transgender suicide to know that dysphoria is real and it kills, its not some rebellion against social norms the kids play these days
>>
>>8443202
>onbinary (or nb, or enby) people are hesitant to declare themselves nonbinary because their gender identity confuses them because there are no prominent nonbinary roles
thank you

>people proudly declaring themselves nonbinary/genderfluid/agender are usually experimenting.
or just trenders/rebellious
>>
File: goan fragoso.jpg (33KB, 421x640px) Image search: [Google]
goan fragoso.jpg
33KB, 421x640px
>>8443199
that's not what non-binary means

non-binary = androgynous
it means you have male characteristics as well as female characteristics.
it means you are somewhere in the middle between sexes.
it has nothing to do with what you wear or even what genitals you have although hermaphrodites often identify as non-binary.
>>
>>8443345
it doesnt matter what the word is defined as
it matters what you actually do
and anyone who is nb is just a dumbass wearing non-traditional clothing for their sex.

Aka being a fucking transvestite but wanting to get the privileges and medical diagnosis of transsexuals.

I can claim to be a cyborg but I put a cardboard box on my head and scream CYBORG!!!!!!!!!

but it doesnt fucking make me a cyborg does it?
it makes me a fucking retard with a cardboard box on my head.
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.