[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does HRT really make you feel that much better? Like do you feel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: 1497348948970.png (284KB, 984x1400px) Image search: [Google]
1497348948970.png
284KB, 984x1400px
Does HRT really make you feel that much better? Like do you feel significantly different than before?
>>
I do. I'm a lot more in touch with my emotions, even if they're harder to control sometimes. Before, my mind was really just dull and grainy all the time, and I had a lot of trouble feeling anything. I hated myself, I hated the way I looked, I hated everything about me.

HRT alleviated a lot of that. My skin is nice and clear. My hair is thicker and growing faster. My face has become more feminine. I feel like I have more energy and willpower to get through the day.

But more than anything, my mind is clearer, like Testosterone was clogging my sinuses and I can finally breathe again for the first time. I feel like a human being and not like an effigy of one.

There are ups and downs, but I could never ever ever go back to how it was before.
>>
>>8432564

Been on HRT for nearly 3 years. I don't even remember the person I was before. Sounds cliché but it's like looking back on a different person's life as a bad dream you can't associate with.

At the choice of going off HRT permamently or death, I'd choose death after experiencing how much better I feel as a person. Still depressed and have ups and downs, but I'm so much happier.
>>
>>8432639
>>8432674
Not op but how long do I have to be on hrt to stop feeling the shitty way you felt. I'm waiting for my estrofem to come in the mail, and I just need to be told it'll get better now, I just want to get better.
>>
>>8432690
It took a little time before I felt really different. Just be a good girl and keep taking your pills sweetie. You'll feel all better before you know it!
>>
>>8432564
It does for a while, but eventually the hopelessness of being unpassable (if you're unlucky enough) will end up creating so much more misery. If you pass though, it's all dandy.
>>
>>8432690
You will feel it for the first time the day after you take it, but that's basically just an estrogen high since you're not used to it.

If you're self-medding, make absolutely sure you're on an estrogen suppliment as well as an anti-androgen. Spironolactone is what most people take for that. You need both, just one won't do it.

You will feel better. It will take time, but you will feel better. Sometimes you'll be frustrated because it's not going fast enough, but just calm down. Transition takes time. It's usually several years before your "Puberty" is completely finished.

If you're in the middle of it and you're doubting yourself, repeat after me: "Trust the process."

Trust the process.

It will get better. You just need to stick with it and it will work out. Take your pills. See a doctor. Get your bloodwork done. Trust the process.
>>
>>8432714
What's a little time weeks? A month? 6 months? More?
>>
>>8432690
Hopefully you ordered T-blockers too ^^

It's not like you wake up one day and feel different. It's like a gradual shift, and then one day you look back and think how much better you realise you feel. Kinda like building up. Best advice I can give is take your meds, be excited about them working, but go about your life as usual. Play games, learn an instrument, get a hobby, even go outside if you're not a complete introvert like me. Even if you stay in 'boymode' for aaaaaages, the HRT will still slowly work it's magic.

First year or so for me was like an insane rollercoaster. I guess the emotional changes start taking effect after a month or so, but again, the changes build slowly over time, not just in one go.

I'm still changing mentally and physically now, and it's nearly 3 years. Comparing before and after pics of myself, I see a 100% different person. Don't feel like i was that person ever. It's a weird feeling to see the shell you used to dwell in, and not feel like it's you.

Short answer. Things will get better! If this wasn't an anonymous shitposting website, I'd chat more ^.^
>>
>>8432745
I've already been taking cypro for the past 2 weeks. It's just so frustrating waiting for my E supplements, I feel like my body is growing more manliest and more hairy everyday, the feeling is driving me insane.
>>
>>8432748
Maybe a little over a month?
I was definitely scared of needing to wait for longer than I could bear for the medicine to make a difference. I called a suicide hotline a week before my prescription came in.
Don't wake up every day expecting to feel completely different.
Just trust that you'll make it happen by taking your medicine as directed.
And before you know it, things will change
>>
>>8432782
That'll all change soon. You won't notice it daily, but every month you'll look in the mirror and suddenly realize how much better you look.

I'm still kind of flabbergasted every time it happens. I've been a dumpy nerd for my entire life, so looking in the mirror and seeing someone who's not that old thing is overwhelmingly exciting. "Dang, that's me? I look pretty good."

That's what you'll be saying some months down the line. Trust the process.
>>
>>8432639
>>8432674
>>8432745
>>8432761
>>8432790
>>8432817
Thanks for the replies everyone.

>>8432745
I'm probably going to be sitting here saying "Trust the process" a lot.
>>
>>8432817
Being able to look in the mirror will be a change for me. I'll keep going for now though.
>>
File: 2017-06-14_01-36-43.png (87KB, 1093x666px) Image search: [Google]
2017-06-14_01-36-43.png
87KB, 1093x666px
>>8432745 >>8432564

basically estrogen rises serotonin which results in positive mood changes and other neurological (and not only) activity that will make you feel better, especially if you've been depressed and had serotonin imbalance
>>
>>8433290
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1327664/
>>
>>8433290
Cool, instead I chose to smoke weed instead of going on hrt. Seems like a better choice for a working class masc AGP than boymode or hon.

You know those boomer AGP hons who transition due to severe dysphoria? I betcha anything they never tried being stoners(except when young) due to years of conservative brainwashing. So when the medical industry has a legal, somewhat effective, treatment for gender dysphoria, conservative AGPs jump right on it.
>>
>>8433385
I dunno. As an MtF who is also a pretty big stoner (I hate that word, but I do smoke a lot of marijuana since it's rec legal where I live.) I can say that it's not at an an effective alternative to real dysphoria.

HRT is a constant and semi-permanent change to your hormonal balance and brain functions. THC is very temporary. Trying to defeat dysphoria by staying high all the time is not a good option.
>>
File: 1480636896803s[1].jpg (9KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1480636896803s[1].jpg
9KB, 250x250px
>>8433385
Hi there fellow AGP. If weed being used for depression treatment it might be good to help with dysphoria as well. But there are many other issues with chronic usage, I had to stop or I was getting too disconnected from reality.

I have an urge to get on HRT despite not having even a remote possibility of transition, I've been tempted for years and always shook it off but I just want to try it (maybe out of self destructive tendencies)
>>
>>8433689
What have you got to lose anon?
>>
>>8433689
"I won't pass" is not an excuse. Even if you never ever pass and stay boymode forever, HRT does help.
>>
>>8433697
Pretty much nothing, I have no life and no future.
And no motivation to rebuild myself and mend my life - it would take lots of effort for nothing.

>>8433716
It will help me indulge in AGP and that's it. Then I'll have to quit or kms, the world doesn't need another hon fetishist. Not this world anyway.
Maybe I can be happy just for a while like I was in my teen years.
>>
>>8433608
Gotcha, I feel like the THC has an effect just being built up in your cells. I get high near bedtime than go to work sober. I started to notice I was less dysphoric and happier, I'd even forget I was AGP sometimes and just experience gynephilia when I see qt females.

>>8433689
That disconnection might be better than being a dysphoric AGP.

I'd be open to boymode hrt, but it seems unreliable. It doesnt always solve peoples problems, it might even make some people worse. It also negates the benefits of T.

>>8433716
I'd like for us to have more information on what is AGP and what effect does HRT have on AGP brains. Right now its just a blackbox. There are some very miserable mentally ill AGP trannies out there on the net, HRT is not a panacea.
>>
>>8432564
Yes.
Went from crying myself to sleep every night, to feeling actually pretty alright. Helps if you pass decently.
>>
Hormones were the defining point of my life. It was the single most important event to date. I literally don't think I'd still be alive if I hadn't started them.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.