[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the difference between a fetish and a sexuality and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: 424116-636167163906589845-16x9.jpg (324KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
424116-636167163906589845-16x9.jpg
324KB, 1920x1080px
What's the difference between a fetish and a sexuality and how do you tell the difference between them and is the difference meaningful?
>>
sexuality:
Heterosexual, Homosexual, Bisexual, Asexual

fetish:
BDSM, Leather, feet, urine, big breast, fat/big, old/elderly, Asian, Black, ethnicity (British, Italian, Russian or Swedish), wheelchair, missing limbs, autistic, pregnancy/birth

deviancy:
Pedophilia, Incest, Bestiality, Necrophilia
>>
>>8431433
why is this not arbitrary?
>>
>>8431433
Don't forget gender identity/expression to the list, u get further down the diversity spectrum.

I'm genderfluid or bigender, 10-20% "female" bio-male, also I'm heterosexual/romantic.

Pregnancy fetishist, love the belly, breasts & butt get real big, & the thought she had sex.
>>
>>8431433
het/hom/beast r the same branch. your diviency tier isninnaccurate

sexuality boils down to pheramones. which do u make and which seduce u? clqiming ppl are born with a certqin sex is to ignore the neurochemistry of hormones and receptiors
>>
>>8431453
Not that anon, but sexuality pertains to general sex characteristics.

A fetish is basically anything else.
>>
>>8430761
Love. Nobody's ready to sacrifice himself for a fetish.
>>
>>8430761
Sexuality is who you're attracted to. For example, a lesbian is attracted to other women.
>>
>>8434874
Wait but then by this criteria AGP IS a sexuality.
>>
>>8434991
You could equally say that for several other definitions ITT >>8431508 >>8432109
>>
>>8434997
hmm... hmmm..... HMMMM..... there needs to be more studies done on this shit.
>>
>>8430761
I am homosexual but I have a heterosexual fetish
>>
>>8430761
Real science-y answer, we don't know. Good question. Sexology is kind of a shitty science but the idea of what sexuality and orientation and fetishes and stuff even are is an active area of interest and debate. There are multiple scholars on multiple sides of it all.
>>
>>8435014
Studies looking for what exactly?
>>
>>8435057
How the fuck trans-sexualism and transgenderism actually works in the first place.
>>
>>8432109
>Nobody's ready to sacrifice himself for a fetish.

Depends on what you mean. I have a particular fetish that's not widely accepted, but it's such a part of my sexuality that I refuse to date anyone outside of my fetish community. I'm simply not compatible with anyone who doesn't share a love for my fetish - I've tried.
>>
>>8435062
Here's hoping they're good ones!
>>
>>8435078
>not saying what it is
>>
>>8435294
The fetish itself is immaterial to the point and would only divert from the topic at hand.
>>
>>8435306
But I want to know if I find it hot and if so what the community is like.
>>
Sexuality:
primary erotic response to physical characteristics typified by either sex (intersex are too rare to shape society on a large scale so they are discounted).

fetish:
an object, body-part, action, situation, or concept that excites obsessive sexual fixation and leads to recursive establishment of that fixation over time. Classical conditioning tells us that close to any object can be associated with pleasurable stimuli and reinforcing such behavior is only a matter of time and continuous re-exposure. Nothing can remove them once they are established, save the occasional freak salvation after unrelated brain surgery. Many are established in the formative years, though high openness to experience + sociocultural factors can lead to further growth in fetishism into young adulthood and beyond.

Most of the time a fetish doesn't lead to significant duress in common practice. Normal people keep it under control by balancing bad urges with their day-to-day lives. Freaks often let it overwhelm their lives due to a combination of factors. If the fetish grows to such an extent that nothing else can satisfy, serious problems begin and it enters the realm of pathology. These are very dangerous waters, not just in the context of fetishizing yourself to trannydom: the board: the thread. Many of the worst serial murderers killed because nothing else could make them cum.

Some BDSM practitioners will try to delineate 'kink' from 'fetish'. I see the distinction as simple: a kink is something you sprinkle onto sex, a fetish owns your soul.
>>
>>8432109
I mean, I agree but just to play devils advocate how about that guy who ate another dude with his consent?
>>
>>8435611
So for example a gay man's sexuality is androphile and his fetish is having sex with men.
>>
>>8431433
Sexuality is all of those things.
Sexual orientation is what you're referring to as sexuality.
>>
>>8430761
Sexuality is what kind of people you find attractive even when you're not horny.
>>
File: tumblr_ompba75PVp1thp15zo1_1280.jpg (494KB, 1248x1126px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ompba75PVp1thp15zo1_1280.jpg
494KB, 1248x1126px
>>8435711
>his fetish is having sex with men
that's not what fetish means

fet·ish
ˈfediSH
noun
a form of sexual desire in which gratification is linked to an abnormal degree to a particular object, item of clothing, part of the body, etc.
"Victorian men developed fetishes focusing on feet, shoes, and boots"
synonyms: fixation, obsession, compulsion, mania; More
an inanimate object worshiped for its supposed magical powers or because it is considered to be inhabited by a spirit.
synonyms: juju, talisman, charm, amulet; More
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.