[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ok so my gf is what some would term an SJW and was talking about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: XNEV2d4.jpg (97KB, 959x600px) Image search: [Google]
XNEV2d4.jpg
97KB, 959x600px
ok so my gf is what some would term an SJW and was talking about how some "edgelord" said that there was only two genders. to which she said that science says there are more than two genders. now as a hard science major I haven't found any evidence that there is more than two genders based on one's sex. if you could give some sources or try and logically convince me otherwise that'd be great.
pic unrelated
>>
>>8429074
>hard science

Biology and psychology are not in your wheelhouse, Autistic Prick.

Bugger off.
>>
>>8429085
well the thing is I am actually studying biology so....
>>
>>8429099
>gender
>biological
hahahaha
>>
>>8429074
They're both retarded, there are no genders
>>
>>8429074
Gender (as distinct from biological sex) is a sense of masculine or feminine identity and sense of belonging.

But there are also multiple biological sexes. Male and female of course, everyone knows, but I would argue that every different manifestation of hermaphroditism (which now often called "intersex") is a unique biological sex unto itself, meaning there are many sexes.
>>
>>8429074
The stupid ass SJW terminology is this.
Sex = the persons biological physical gender
Gender = The social thought of either gender. Example- A male wants to act and be socially seen as a woman.
Is the SJW terminology overdone horseshit? Absolutely
>>
>>8429074
>science says there are more than two genders
Neither neurologists nor psychologists nor biologists, only social scientists. Social scientists came up with gender as a spectrum, then ditched that idea and now say it's a 2-axis graph, but the only reason they're doing that is to account for all the genders that people self-report. By the same reasoning "furries" are legitimately wolves/owls too since that's what they consider themselves.
Until you can objectively identify someone as "genderfluid" (for example unique intersex neuroanatomy distinct from trannies) it's not proven by science.

>>8429113
Gender is a biological construct fuckhead not a social construct. Trannies couldn't exist if the latter was true. Why are you even here?

>>8429133
>I would argue that every different manifestation of hermaphroditism (which now often called "intersex") is a unique biological sex unto itself
No. Intersex = dimorphism + pathology.
>>
>>8429148
>No. Intersex = dimorphism + pathology.
We see the same unique manifestations of hermaphroditism again and again. Besides their being few in number, on what basis can you say they are not distinct biological sexes?
>>
>>8429074
Let me just pose a general question: in what sense can observation directly produce categories? Like, let's set aside that measurement is a ratio against a reference that takes one's theories for granted, and just assume you have a machine that black-boxically produces numerical data from exposure to some phenomenon of interest. You get some numbers out, but how does that turn into categories?
The answer to this question is, we take our essentialist (as in Plato) prejudices at face value, so we always theorize about our own wacky sense that the world contains discrete objects, and the story that comes out of that was told very well in Structure of Scientific Revolutions. Unfortunately, this is a story that, if you study it, you'll mostly find that your hardness is a trick you play on yourself.
This is basically fine, because what else are you going to do? But it does annoy me how far people can get up their own asses about it.
>>
>>8429133
the thing is there are only two sexes male female you can be a female with an XY chromosome where the Y chromosome is missing the SRY gene which codes for what the male sex is thought to be and as for gender. at least to the basic biological definition is a set of characteristics preformed by different sexes. this is caused by hormones and how the brain's neurons fire.
>>
>>8429170
Uh...

Dude, you do know we're not talking about trannies now?

Do you know what hermaphrodite means? What intersex means? These people are truly neither male nor female. They do not possess XY or YY chromosome patterns, they are anomalies and (in my opinion) distinct biological sexes.
>>
>>8429148
do you have any sources?
>>
>>8429188
for?
>>
>>8429188
I have a big brain, a beautiful brain. I come up with great ideas all the time. How about you, what's *your* source? Huh? Yeah, didn't think so.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.