[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fuck gatekeeping. My psych said he thought I was trans and would

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 5

File: 1495420931824.jpg (16KB, 496x372px) Image search: [Google]
1495420931824.jpg
16KB, 496x372px
Fuck gatekeeping. My psych said he thought I was trans and would give me hormones after I talked about it with my parents. So I did that and now he's back to pretending I don't want hormones. I feel like my soul is being sucked out of my body. I would do anything to get pills. Why do I need to talk to a psych to be allowed to make my body better. I don't want my body to look so disgustingly male anymore.
>>
>>8420660
Ugh. Sorry. How the fuck did that happen?
>>
>>8420660

Can you self med? Fuck the psych.
>>
>>8420660
Seduce him, get his nudes and threaten to show them to his wife if he doesn't give in to your demands.
>>
>>8420676
I trusted a psych too much. They are crazy. They think they have the right to decide who is allowed to have hormones and who is not.

>>8420682
yeah maybe. I'd have to use my parents' money but I might be able to. He kept telling me he would give me hormones if I did this thing or that thing so I trusted him and didn't self-med. But I think he was just lying all along to waste my time.
>>
>>8420660
self med
fuck the gatekeepers.
>>
>>8420697

You tried to play nice. Self-med and notify him you're sick of his shit and you're going to transition immediately with him or without him.

What, if we may ask, were his previous demands, if any?
>>
>>8420660
Take blackmarket order from IHP and has them shipped to a po box then he'll have no leverage and will have to give you meds

You have to do this or you'll become more honely by the day
>>
never trust someone who encourages discussing sex with your blood relatives
>>
>>8420707
his demands were like
>don't self-med
>be patient
>do 2 more months of therapy and we can consider hormones
>after that time he said I had to come out to my parents before I could go on HRT
>now he's saying he doesn't give HRT to anyone who isn't presenting/full time so I have to try makeup and wear girl clothes outside my room

I'm so tired of this bullshit
>>
>>8420724
If you're a eurotrash or Canadian you're fucked. Your doctors there have policies about forcing everyone to complete their male development fully, just to be "safe"

Listen to him and if it isn't already too late, by the time he gives you your scraps you'll be a 100% man and you will never be able to fix that.
>>
>>8420724
sounds like an abusive fetish. did u find this therapist on craigslist or a telephone pole?

i bet we can fuck up therapists if we figure this out. ive never given a fuck to make them dance, but if i get met with this shit irl i will turn their regulatory structure into a marionette doll

salam alakeum
>>
>>8420724

Dangerously incompetent and seems abusive. At this point I'm surprised he hasn't tried to determine if you have a childhood trauma from a bad relationship with your dad's brother's son's wife's son.

This kind of gatekeeper is the person that would like to keep you around for changes as you self-med. If that happens request a referral to the endo + concurrent appointments with the psych or just swap psychs entirely.

If demands get sexual as you DIY, report him. Don't think it won't happen to you. The last psychiatrists stories thread on this board proves it can and does happen.
>>
File: 98934802934.png (2MB, 1576x1402px) Image search: [Google]
98934802934.png
2MB, 1576x1402px
>>8420660
You shouldn't be surprised when the longer you wait the more they begin to doubt you.

What do you think you've shown him that puts you beyond the shadow of a doubt?
>>
>>8420759
>>8420786
>incompetent
>abusive

He's actually one of the few "experts" on transsexuality in my third-world European country. He is one of the more "progressive" therapists because he is inspired by the English/NHS rules which in my country are seen as really "advanced" and "modern". (My country is so pathetic and behind that they think the English system for trans people is great and super modern)
>>
File: angery kot.jpg (14KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
angery kot.jpg
14KB, 350x350px
>>8420807

Kill yourself.

>>8420809

>"""""""""Expert"""""""""""""
>Requires RLE
>mfw
>>
>>8420724
>>8420660
Please self med. that's the only way you can protect your body and get any leverage. Otherwise therapists,especially outside of the United States want to force everyone to finish 100% of their male development before starting hrt.

And by then, you're already 100% a man and hrt won't fix anything. It will be hopeless and they sure won't pay for ffs or other stuff you need so you'll be ruined for life. Just like the poor person in :http://archive.loveisover.me/lgbt/thread/7363842/#7363842

Please don't let yourself become a victim like them. They did everything the "right" way and were rewarded by becoming so masculine that they never would be able to pass without experimental maxfac surgery.

Don't end up like http://archive.loveisover.me/lgbt/thread/7363842/#7363842 save whatever happiness you can by self medding. You've already lost too much time in which you've gotten even more manly. No time to lose, save yourself.
>>
>>8420807
I honestly don't understand most of that post. Did you read the thread?

>>8420819
Not sure if he wants RLE or he just wants me to try makeup and girlmode in public a few times. He's always as ambiguous as possible so he can keep changing his mind without technically lying to me. Oh and he's obsessed with makeup for some reason. He keeps telling me I should buy it. Apparently if I'm not brave enough to go out wearing makeup I don't deserve to transition.
>>8420821
oh god that picture. I'm still 18. If I don't take hormones will my face become like that? I'm pretty sure I would kill myself if it happened.
>>
File: 1481103392049.png (4MB, 945x2333px) Image search: [Google]
1481103392049.png
4MB, 945x2333px
>>8420809
This is what the NHS does to people. Look good at it and the expanded cranial proportions you'll never fix. Not even FFS could fix this damage.

RLE is only really useful for 40YO hons because they have nothing to lose. If you do it, you'll end up a hon without exception.

Look around you, there's a good reason why all the euro mtfs in your country are hons and the few exceptions either self medded or traveled to the US for help.

Please don't put up with it. There's a good chance your face and body are already far more masculinized than you think, and any more waiting will push you into the never pass outcomes. You can't undo this damage. You'll ruin yourself for life by getting tricked like this.
>>
>>8420840
Your bones elongate all the time. Compare male people as they age. If you don't buy some sort of antiandrogen at the least, that will surely happen to you, at least to some extent. And you can't fix that damage with FFS. Just experimental maxilo facial surgeries that only a few US surgeons might be trying.

It sounds like he's stringing you on. Get online meds and play along or whatever, but med or he'll keep stringing you along till he's satisfied you've finished your masculine development.
>>
>>8420840
>I'm still 18
The victim of the NHS abuse was only 19. Be careful. 18-20 is a time where things get much worse.
>>
>>8420840

Who knows how well you might pass until you try. HRT tends to make guys really pretty anime bishonen tier at around month 5-6 then ramps up for another few months and makes you a girl. However continue as you are now and your masculinisation will continue and fuck you up.

Pragmatically, trans people are really good at spotting trans people (though a part of it is paranoia) and it's not uncommon for people to pass well, to the general population, who started HRT at age 30 after being ex-military. However, do not tempt fate. DIY now and give yourself a better future than that psychologist could ever promise.
>>
>>8420880
>who started HRT at age 30 after being ex-military
Fay is a freak exception who might be intersex or something. On average, people become twinkhons when they start in their 20s, maybe earlier than that.

FFS might fix being a twinkhon but not always. So the longer you wait, the more likely you make it you'll be doomed.
>>
>>8420873
Do we have before pics? They might've been fucked before that anyway
>>
I don't know how to help OP but please help her if you do.
>>
>>8421019
They'd been held back for years. Odds are very good they would have been okay right when they first begged for HRT, or at least much less poorly off.
>>
>>8420660

>So I did that and now he's back to pretending I don't want hormones.

This makes me wonder if all the psychs who require trans people to tell their parents first expect a negative result serious enough that you can't see them anymore. Something like getting kicked out or your parents repressing you.
>>
>>8420660
>your psychologist is being rigorous, so as not to condemn anyone that shouldn't be transitioning to the hell of transitioning
>ugh he's so terrible
just play along, you've already got the whiny bitch part of being female in the bag!
>>
>>8423154
And by the time they've finished they look like >>8420846
>>
>>8423154

There's a difference between being rigorous and lying about what it will take to get approval for medication.
>>
>>8423154
>so as not to condemn anyone that shouldn't be transitioning to the hell of transitioning
What, do you think he knows who should be transitioning? The only one who can know that is the patient. This system is completely retarded and there's no reason to withhold medication from consenting adults. If they regret it they only have themselves to blame
>>
Just had an angry discussion with my therapist about informed consent. He told me that Americans with their informed consent are crazy and that gatekeeping is the best medical system in the world for trans people. Well if he doesn't give me hormones by September I guess I'm self-medding.
>>
>>8425982

Now you're stringing yourself along. Just self-med now.
>>
>>8425982
Which country? What did he actually say was wrong about Informed Consent or good about gatekeeping?

>by September
Why wait?
>>
>>8420660
you sound clinically insane, my guy
>>
>>8426000
Southern Europe (won't say where).
He pretty much said that with informed consent anyone can get hormones in like a week which is ridiculous. With gatekeeping only people who are definitely trans can transition and this is the right way of making "such an important and irreversible life-choice".

>Why wait?
I hope waiting a few months will not ruin my body too much. And by them I will definitely know if he intends to give me hormones or is just toying with me.
>>
>>8426009
Yeah I was having a mental breakdown due to dysphoria when I wrote this. I feel a lot better now.

>my guy
get a clue /pol/
>>
>>8426019
>With gatekeeping only people who are definitely trans can transition and this is the right way of making "such an important and irreversible life-choice".
He's insane. Transitioning is hardly irreversible, especially if you don't pursue surgeries, at worst it'll render you infertile.
And you have evidence on this very board that people can benefit from HRT without being trans.
>I hope waiting a few months will not ruin my body too much
It will ruin your body.
>And by them I will definitely know if he intends to give me hormones or is just toying with me.
And he is just toying with you.

Reminder that for many '''therapists''' patients transitioning is the worst-case outcome.
>>
>>8426046
>he's insane
this is standard and perfectly normal in my country

He makes me feel like I'm insane for wanting to transition ASAP. He says I'm not taking hormones seriously/don't understand how dangerous they are and is using that as a reason to gatekeep me.
>>
Self med now. Tell him to go fuck himself and you're doing it
Staying on testosterone is an irreversible life choice
>>
op is insane per definition: wanting different results while doing same thing over and over

ur therapist wont give u AA w/o estrogen...stop enjoying stockholm syndrome
>>
>>8426145
>this is standard and perfectly normal in my country
Makes sense, people hate trannies and don't care about their well-being. Saving a single cis over a hundred trans people is reasonable to those fucks.
>He makes me feel like I'm insane for wanting to transition ASAP
If trans person not wanting to be ruined by testosterone is insane to him, it's no surprise he is awful at what he's doing.
>don't understand how dangerous they are and is using that as a reason to gatekeep me.
They really aren't, especially when you're young and get regular blood tests.
>>
>>8426175
So I want to start hormones as soon as I can, I am only like 70-80% sure I'm trans and I still find it really awkward to talk about being trans to other people/just want to be seen as an average girl but can't really explain why. Am I crazy?

Sorry my country makes me feel like I'm crazy so I wanted 4chan's expert advice.
>>
File: image.jpg (23KB, 640x361px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23KB, 640x361px
>>8426218

You're REALLY overthinking this.
>>
>>8425982
American doctors are the best educated in the world and do the bulk of biomedical research.

It's funny listening to a hack like him with an education equivalent to maybe a PA in the states acting like he's god.

He's s little man with a napoleonic complex. Buy your self Meds and take them so you don't masculinze any further in the next three months. Please for your own good
>>
>>8426145
They're far safer than contraceptives. And not going right away means you're becoming a hon. You might already be a hon.
>>
>>8420660
oh sweet is this a time portal to 10 years ago? cool. cuz this exact. same. shit. happened to me.
>>
>>8420660
order ur own wtf
>>
>>8429184
wow
tell me your story!
how did you get through it?
>>
>>8420660
Your psych is probably concerned about a number of things. From your post it seems like you have unrealistic expectations about your body and you're fixated on the aesthetic portion of transition. Hormones wont dramatically alter your body. If they do you'll be the first case in the history of medicine.
>>
>>8420742
Full male development is pretty subjective. The body doesn't just stop developing at any point from birth to death but the rapid growth of puberty does slow down. If you're referring to that growth phase then 16 is already too late to do much about it. That's why they start kids on hormones around 12 years old. In Europe too actually that's where transkids treatment originated from.
>>
>>8429804
Exactly, hon. So the sooner op takes them the better because other wise "he" will become more and more a man. And that's irreversible.

No amount of hrt will fix your being a hon or your massive body. Surgeries even won't fix most of it.

That's why Susan's hons like you can wait because you've already lost everything so a couple more years won't hurt. Normal people aren't like that.
>>
>>8420660
Did you kys op?
>>
>>8430659
"he" is already a man
>>
>>8433245
Not everyone is by that age. Maybe you were. That means euthanasia might be easier then
>>
>>8433291
I suggest you try it
>>
>>8433320
I never quite got there but sure lets do that for good measure and you better try
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.