[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can I be trans and still keep my male name? Will people

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 1493351243147.jpg (47KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1493351243147.jpg
47KB, 540x540px
Can I be trans and still keep my male name? Will people not take me seriously?
>>
>>8411609
Just choose a unisex name.

Or say it's short for the female version of your name.
>>
>>8411609
Depends on your name.
>>
>>8411609
>change name to samantha
>go by sam
>profit
or do the same thing with your name of choice
hope i helped!
>>
people will hammer you and rage when u refuse to tell them a female name you dont wana go by until you transition.
>>
>tfw my name is already a girl's name

im ok with this I suppose.
>>
>>8411609
Unless it's something androgynous like Sam or Alex I personally wouldn't
>>
>>8411609

Why do you want to keep your male name?
>>
>>8411909
Why do you already have a girl's name? How feminine is it?
>>
>>8412487
It's super obscure. My parents decided to give me a name from a different culture in a time before the internet. They didn't research very much and thought the name meant "Strong Warrior!!!" when it actually means something along the lines of "Beautiful Woman". It's not super feminine sounding but I've gotten double takes from actual people from that region after I've told them my name. I've even gotten a "ma'am" when talking to tech support over the phone after telling them my name. It's kinda funny.
>>
>>8412564
What is it? You have to share your name now ma'am. I insist.
>>
>>8411974
I would change my name to what my mom would've named me, but she told me she doesn't want me to do that. I'm pretty far into my transition now, and I guess I'm okay just keeping my name.
It also used to be fairly unisex when I was born, but now has fallen firmly into the masculine side. Oh well.
>>
>>8412616
:( Your mom isn't supportive?
>>
>>8411609

>implying anyone takes trans people seriously
>>
>"hey guys im gonna invite my friend Tyrone over"
>adorable qt gril arrives
>"Hey Anons, this is Tyrone!"
>"whats poppin nigga"
>>
>>8412634
She's definitely not supportive. She has become more understanding over the years, so that's nice. She might even say I could change my name to what she would've named me now, but I'm okay keeping my name.

>>8412669
Yeah so my name is Logan, whenever I meet people who knew my name before but not me, they are pretty surprised. I don't care though. People get used to it when they get to know me.
>>
>>8412702
I know like a dozen girls names Logan. You're good. You know, it's funny. Apparently Dylan has become more associated with the feminine side over the years but I only know male Dylans, including myself and like four others.
>>
>>8412820
Aw thanks. I've never met a girl with the name Logan, but apparently it was in the top 100 girls baby names when I was born. And yeah, it looks like Dylan is definitely a unisex name now.
>>
>>8411909
Hey, me too!

Well, it's a unisex name with a more commonly female spelling with a y and a more commonly unisex/male spelling with an i or o.

My parents were trying to be different, and I gues it worked.
>>
I am named after a king and my name is in a country name that I am tied to at all because I am German blooded
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.