[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>could easily land job before transition >now i might as

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

File: FB_IMG_1496950123063.jpg (27KB, 720x536px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1496950123063.jpg
27KB, 720x536px
>could easily land job before transition
>now i might as well be trying to discover cold fusion
I feel like i get denied jobs for being trans even though its federally protected against.
But its just as easy for the employer to just say im not qualified(even though ive been applying entry level positions). I explain this to others and they say "an employer cant do that!" But they have. All the time. I was a model employee at my old job. Been job hunting for almost 4 years and about to just fucking end it.
My old job fired me for being trans but in writing it was nitpicky writeups for little things which others were much worse about
I dont want to detransition but i need a job to live. What do i do?
Pic unrelated
>>
>>8408141
I'm sorry. I don't know how to help you. Good luck.
>>
>>8408141
The government shouldn't have the power to tell employers how they must decide who to hire.
>>
>>8408150
OP here Sorry i meant to say it was protected on a state level
>>
>>8408150
t. privileged class that doesn't have to deal with being discriminated against
>>
so camming for bitcoin is out?
>>
>>8408160
Im not in a position where i could afford to even get a cam setup or that mightve been an option
>>
>>8408141
Isn't there a job crisis in most developed countries atm? Do you have any actual skills or employable merits? If not, that might be the place to start.
>>
>>8408141
go neet famalam
t. neet tranny
>>
>>8408193
how do
>>
>>8408194
i went to a therapist, which was free in my country
then talked to them for a while, they sent me to a psych, talked to him for a while
got deemed mentally unfit for work due to my social issues and anxiety, then sent to a social worker who put me on neetbux
i have not worked in 2 years
>>
>>8408193
Well i am neet rn. Only reason i live is because my bf supports me. He doesnt care whether i get one or not but i hate not contributing financially
>>
>>8408157
No im a trans person of color and I agree with them.
>>
>>8408185
Should have added, I met a transgender paramedic, and a transgender doctor in the same day earlier this week. You can avoid being discriminated against for being transgender by demonstrating that you have commitment and stability, which are the things most people ignorantly assume transgender people lack. You can demonstrate this by committing to a programme of study or professional development. If you pick an area where your employment value is based on your ability and personal characteristics, rather than your outward appearance or sociability, then even better.
>>
>>8408197
>tfw no bf who loves you and wants to take care of you
>>
>>8408141
I personally think the issue of trans having difficulties finding jobs/housing is especially a prominent issue
They dont get the job or hpise they need and get stuck in a fucked up cycle of homelessness
>>
where do you live?
>>
Go for a government job. They will jump through hoops to hire a transgirl to satisfy their diversity quota.
>>
>>8408898
Don't you need your ID changed for that?
>>
>>8408141
I feel the same way. I think I lose out on jobs due to my appearance in that perhaps people don't think I'd fit in well with the company or something.
>>
>>8408898
Do they really?
>>
>>8408141
I think that's understandable. Being trans, you would carry the added risk of discrimination lawsuits, and employers hate taking chances if they don't have to.
>>
>>8409091
I dont wanna lawsuit anyone anon
I just wanna not have to struggle on bills and potentially have to participate in survival crimes
>>
>>8409188
Nah, I'm not saying you would. But it's currently an employer's market so there's probably no reason why they "should" take the risk (unfortunately you needing money doesn't count as their "should").

Only thing I can really suggest is look at places that are known to be LGBT friendly/progressive, as they will see you as a regular applicant and not a potential lawsuit. But in this economy, we're all more or less fucked.
>>
>>8408932
No.
>>8409072
Yes. If you're qualified for the job and LGBT you're in. If you're in the US just google best places to work in the federal government for LGBTs
>>
>>8408150
That's irrelevant since it changes nothing anyway
How can you prove it was discrimination?

Unfortunately if you're trans you'll need to be that much more mature, likeable, competent, and hardworking to overcome people's biases.

>>8408196
Can you subsist on just that? How much is rent as a % of your neetbux?
>>
>>8409413
rent is just a little over 1/4 of my neetbux
i live with family
>>
>>8409361
>if youre qualified
therein lies the problem
>>
>>8408141
well i got fired from my last job i was genuinely good at and was let go despite others being worse employees mostly bcus the main boss was homophobic and wanted me gone

the only options i have left is to become a drag queen and pay for my transition through performances at a local bar or to do camming/sex work but i barely have boobs and still live at home making it impossible unless i use a motel
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.