[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

White matter structures differ between cis and trans people,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: Figure 1.jpg (89KB, 800x526px) Image search: [Google]
Figure 1.jpg
89KB, 800x526px
White matter structures differ between cis and trans people, regardless of sexual orientation.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4699258/

>Whole-brain TBSS analysis revealed widespread differences in MD, AD, and RD maps between the investigated groups, whereas no significant voxels were found for FA maps. Differences in MD included virtually all white matter tracts. Post hoc pairwise comparisons revealed the transition MC < MtF < FtM < FC, with MD values and number of significant voxels increasing significantly (Figs. 1, ,2).2). In other words, female biological sex and female gender identity were associated with increased MD. FCs had significantly higher MD values than FtM transsexuals in voxels within the right cerebral peduncle, bilateral internal and external capsule, right posterior corona radiate, right hippocampal cingulum, bilateral stria terminalis, right superior longitudinal fasciculus, body and splenium of corpus callosum, right frontal, superior, and postcentral blades, and bilateral parietal and temporal blades.

>Associations between TBSS measures and sexual orientation
>Here, we investigated whether sexual orientation associates with diffusivity measures. No effects on our main findings were observed when sexual orientation was regressed out in the ANCOVA design. Moreover, there was no significant effect of sexual orientation on diffusivity parameters in the regression analysis including all subjects and using group as factor of no interest.
>>
File: stupid bitch.gif (1MB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
stupid bitch.gif
1MB, 500x280px
>>8400747
And suddenly that makes us not human anymore.
>>
>>8400759
In what way? It only shows that transsexuality is neurological.
>>
>>8400747
>>8400759
Ah, I see the issue now. The line I introduced the paper with was confusing. The paper shows that trans individuals have white matter structures more similar to people of the sex they identify with, and less similar to the sex they don't identify with. This is true regardless of their sexual orientation.
>>
File: screenshot_2017-06-07_13-43-27.png (18KB, 602x269px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot_2017-06-07_13-43-27.png
18KB, 602x269px
>>8400747
That's interesting. I'll read it more carefully later, but it seems they did a good job excluding factors that could affect the study, like trans participants being on HRT or having other mental disorders.
I wonder how credible is this study in terms of sample size and stuff.
> The results of this study show that the white matter microstructure in FtM and MtF transsexuals falls halfway between that of FCs and MCs.
So it looks like there is probably indeed something different about us on the neurological level that sets us apart from our birth sex.
It seems to further support the hypothesis that transsexuality is caused by biological factors and not psychological.

One thing also caught my attention(pic related). While he majority of cis men and FtMs in the samples are attracted to females, and the majority of cis women are attracted to males, the MtF sample seems skewed towards bisexuality. Was that accidental?
>>
>>8400747
That means they should be able to be fixed with medicine.
>>
>>8401088
Yeah they can fix mtfs with cypro and estrofem.
>>
>>8401088
You can't turn a gay man straight. Why would gender identity be different?
>>
>>8401088
Brain plasticity doesn't mean absolutely everything can be changed with therapy and medication, let alone easily.
Some structures are set and non-plastic past certain points of development and much more we simply don't know how to reliably control.

You simply don't seem to be informed on the general topic well enough to understand it at all not to mention making huge assumptions and leaps like this.
>>
>>8401115
If anything it might actually be easier to turn gay people straight since they have similar but less extensive neurological differences.

It's still in the realm of science fiction either way but assuming you DID have the knowledge and technology to make such significant structural changes it should be easier to change the condition with fewer differences.
>>
>>8401139
Using some fantastic futuristic technology, sure, but we're talking nanosurgery here.
>>
>>8401210
Yeah that's what I'm saying, science fiction.
I more just get a chuckle out of the irony of gays jumping to throw trannies under the bus and push for their "treatment" while being beautifully oblivious of the logical implications for themselves.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.