[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we get everyone woke to the fact that drag queens are minstrels,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

Can we get everyone woke to the fact that drag queens are minstrels, just mocking women instead of POC?

Be consistent, feminists x queers x progressives!
>>
File: Trixie.gif (861KB, 389x202px) Image search: [Google]
Trixie.gif
861KB, 389x202px
Nah Sushi Flower just sucks
>>
File: 1496198102122.jpg (103KB, 355x642px) Image search: [Google]
1496198102122.jpg
103KB, 355x642px
>>8399030
>Be consistent
It's the age of the internet. Activist groups are bigger and more widespread than ever before. But they no longer have a consistent mission statement.

If you're trying to get everyone on the same page it's never going to happen because people only use these groups to further their own agendas, much like you are now.
>>
>>8399123
Hasn't stopped those niche groups from berating and beating people into performances of contrition on social media.

So do the same with drag queens and queers, since they're so apt to hammer others for being insufficiently woke.
>>
>>8399030
I'm not a huge fan of drag queens either but considering how difficult and dangerous it is to be a gender non-conforming man these days, I'm glad they're respected as performers instead of freaks.
>>
>>8399173
Not freaks, just sexists.
>>
>>8399220
Women always love watching drag shows though
>>
>>8399281
So if I find black people who enjoy minstrel shows and media with cishet white male protagonists, that makes those things OK?
>>
>>8399030
>woke
no
>>
>>8399330
Yes. There's literally nothing objectively wrong with any form of entertainment. It's simply whether or not the audience enjoys it.
>>
>>8399381
>There's literally nothing objectively wrong with any form of entertainment.
Prostitution.
>>
>>8399381
We're not talking about objectivity. We're talking about social shaming and authoritarian control for "right think." You know, progressivism in a nutshell.
>>
It is just clothes and have no inherit value. Wearing makeup and a dress isn't any more an issue than a woman wearing pants and a baseball cap.
>>
>>8399030
its womanface. terfs are down for hating it. drag is bread and butter for complete retards. one ok the uk pride parades had a drag performance that was like a take on Beyonce and involved darkening makeup, it was literally womanface and blackface. boy did those het women and gay men get mad that people wanted to spoil their minstrel show. people actually arguing not only is drag good, but blackface is too. completely retarded
>>
only trannies and feminists think this is offensive
>>
>>8399664
>its womanface.
This would make sense if women were a marginalized minority instead of the most powerful and privileged majority.
>>
>>8399679
that would be true if they actually were, but they're not. begone mens rights activist, don't you have to harass battered wives and remind them sometimes men get hit too? don't want to interrupt your busy schedule
>>
You can't really mock people with privilege and women are the most privileged people to have ever walked the planet.
>>
>>8399685
>>
>>8399030
>How dare you think that women are defined by clothes, makeup and hair! How dare you think that I must dress in frilly frocks and fake eyelashes to be considered womanly! I can be 6'6" tall with a beard and if I identify as a woman, I am a woman! Clothes and makeup don't have anything to do with it!

>Dresses and makeup belong to women exclusively, wearing them is co-opting womanhood, and anyone who does should be RUINED AND FIRED AND EXCOMMUNICATED! Makeup is Womanface because makeup=womanhood!

You SJWs are hilarious. Literally retarded.
>>
>>8399699
i don't argue with rape justifiers, buddy. not everything is some great debate where you get to jerk off to how smart you think you are, or hope that people view you and your gutter trash ideas are on the same level because a debate somehow means moral equivalence. i know you're a tranny. you'd have to be, since you hate women so much. stick your male privilege and fake victimhood virtue signalling, my man. there's women on twitter that need reminding men get raped too.
>>
>>8399030
your brain is not on a level if your even asking that i want to put your brain into a moonbeam to heaven
>>
>>8399712
>i don't argue
First truth you've said.
>>
>>8399679
Gee, I thought they were according to you intersectional retards?
>>
>>8399705
I'm not an SJW. I'm pointing out the contradiction.

Either drag is as Not-OK as minstrelsy, or they're both OK.
>>
>>8399728
Please elaborate, darling
>>
>>8399030
It's as misogynist as gay men not paying for drinks for women at gay bars, i.e. not at all. Just another episode of feminists bashing gay men for audacity of not worshipping women. When women don't ger enough attention they lash out and become aggressive.
>>
i'm a transgender man and a drag queen.

drag queens only recreate the trauma of femininity by addressing and taking up the mantle of the destructive and difficult aspects of the way that heteropatriarchy demands women to act certain ways and tells men not to do those things.

when a person performs in drag all dressed up they are expressing a defiance to the natural order of binary gender presentations and also addressing their own fears of being someone beyond lines of acceptable social conduct

>tfw being a drag queen made me more aware and interested in lgbtq activism within my community than sjw bullshit on the internet ever did
>tfw being gay, having a vagina, dressing up like a woman, and being a total 100% top make my life difficult
>>
>>8399396

Are drag queens being leashed by their pimps?
>>
>>8399030
I honestly can't understand the "progressive" endgame.
It's like they want everyone to wear gray uniforms and communicate minimally, uniformly and only when necessary. You can't voice your opinion on anything, because you'll be something-phobic always, and they even want to forbid you from positioning your body in space in certain way (e.g. "manspreading").

They construct a system of truths and values that are entirely complementary to their agenda (e.g. redefinition of racism and "mansplaining") which can't be refuted because it's perfectly justified in their system and if you use different system, you're a bigot.

And all of that while claiming not to oppress people.

I'm probably ranting, but I hope it's understandable at least.
>>
>>8399396
There's nothing objectively wrong with that either.
>>
>>8399117
Is it bad if I liked Trixie's makeup looks on season 7 more than her normal cut-cheek barbie look
>>
>>8399030
Minstrels ridiculed black people.
Drag queens are not ridiculing women or even trying to behave like women.
You'll find that women try to act like drag queens, no black person tries to act like a minstrel.
>>
>>8399030
Actually you are the sexist one for thinking that.
>>
>>8399030
Sasha making herself out to be the brainy art queen when she serves freshman year college level concepts is a gag and a half. Not sure how anyone is rooting for her mediocre ass but she is THE definition of a basic bitch and thank god she isn't going to win
>>
>>8400970
no u

>>8400951
So is blackface OK if it's not ridicule, merely resemblance? (Obviously not. People lose their shit, regardless of context, just like saying "nigga")

>>8401263
Yeah, she's thoroughly underwhelming. Too bad Trinity won't win, but Shea is fine.
>>
>>8401612
>So is blackface OK if it's not ridicule
It should be ok.
>>
>>8399358
That one word makes me think this is the lowest of quality baits
>>
>>8399030
Not even close to a fact. To assert that they're impersonating only females is sexist and contradicts the PC/SJW narrative because you're implying that femininity is exclusively female.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.