[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Not sure if this is a disrespectful question, so forgive me if

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: thumbnail.gif (39KB, 1024x438px) Image search: [Google]
thumbnail.gif
39KB, 1024x438px
Not sure if this is a disrespectful question, so forgive me if it is, but I've never understood why transgender rights/issues are placed in the same category as lesbian, gay, and bisexual rights/issues.

As I understand it (as a cisgender person), transgender is a category of gender identity, describing one possible way that your physical sex relates to your psychological identity. Meanwhile, the other letters of LGBT are all categories of sexual orientation, describing ways that your gender relates to the gender(s) of people you are attracted to. From my perspective (again, having no firsthand experience of what it's like to be trans), those look like entirely different angles that have little in common besides dealing with gender in some way and being taboo in many parts of the world.

Once again, I hope I'm not disrespecting anyone by asking this. If I am, I apologize. Just trying to make sense of this.
>>
Because to everyone else we're all just faggots.
>>
>>8379637
Transgenderism is a sexual orientation and causes a sexual orientation or is is an issue for a sexual orientation.
>>
I think its historical? The original LGBT spaces in the USA were largely made by trans women of color. If internet is to be believed anyway

>>8379644
Don't really buy this answer. Effeminate cishet men are also faggots to everyone else but they aren't in LGBT. Also way to erase L and female B.
>>
>>8379637
Because before during and after the stonewall riots we were all treated the way way by the people who hated us. They did not differentiate between homosexuals, crossdressers, or actual trannies. To them we were all perverts and they did their best to make our lives hell. Then the the stonewall riots happened and LGBT was formed out of necessity to stick together.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stonewall_riots

To say that T doesnt belong with the others is to admit you have no idea about LGBT history at all. Which is fine, but thats the reason it is the way it is.
>>
>>8379685
^^^ This.
>>
File: 125_brain_fog_masthead.jpg (175KB, 750x563px) Image search: [Google]
125_brain_fog_masthead.jpg
175KB, 750x563px
>>8379637
Because, both are known to be caused by sexually dimorphic parts of the brain being aberrant.

Even though autogynophiles are strongly suspected of having a much smaller such portion involved than other queers.
>>
this entire board is 90% tranny related stuff
>>
The LGBT movement has always been spearheaded by trans people.

That's why.

Your question is understandable but it's also a bit like saying 'hey why do you even live here' to the person who has built the house.
>>
>>8383829
Also this.
>>8379685
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.