[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In this day and age LGBT people are still fighting for equal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 4

File: aboutus_small_0.jpg (75KB, 868x342px) Image search: [Google]
aboutus_small_0.jpg
75KB, 868x342px
In this day and age LGBT people are still fighting for equality.

Adam Plendl had sex with another man, Nick Rhoades, who was HIV positive. Because his medical status is his own business Rhoades didn't tell Plendl he was positive. They used condoms and Plendl didn't get HIV.

However when Plendl heart that Rhoades might be positive, for some reason he phoned the police, who arrested Rhoades! He was tried and convicted!

Lambda Legal, who fight for equality and LGBT rights, got this homophobic conviction overturned.

After all, suppressed HIV following treatment "may pose little risk" (Lambda Legal's wording) of transmission.

Thanks to them making the case for equality all LGBT people are safer, from the risk of unjust arrest and conviction for victimless crimes!

https://www.lambdalegal.org/in-court/cases/rhoades-v-iowa
>>
>>8370890
We'll unfortunately I don't believe it's illegal not tell someone you sleep with that you have HIV.
It should be, but I don't think it is.
>>
>>8370890
I wonder how many straights are psBis who choose to never have sex with men because of the retarded STD situation.
>>
>>8370905
I don't know what you mean. The homophobic Iowa courts decided it was illegal but thanks to Lambda Legal making the case for equality that decision was overturned. Love wins, LGBT rights triumph.
>>
>>8370906
what's retarded about it
>>
>>8370905
It is illegal to have sex with someone and not dislose your diagnosis because if they do catch it then the person they got it from can be charged with attempted murder, assault or manslaughter
>>
You're still putting someone at risk by having sex with them if you have hiv, its shitty and potentially life threatening to disclose this information before hand. Jesus Christ, why are fags so ego-centric and stupid?
>>
Whats with this movement to make it ok not to disclose HIV status? Despite treatment minimizing risks its still a threat and at the very least one should have the decency to disclose it to a partner.
>>
>>8371193
It's state-by-state in the US. Many states have no laws regarding this. Some states require transmission before it's a crime.
>>
>>8370890
Sometimes i wonder wether you guys are infinitely stupid or if there is a limit to it. Don't do sexual acts that may induce diseases, or don't complain if you do, and don't ever dare to cry out against "homophobes", you don't know what true homophobia even looks like if you think this is even remotely homophobia. It really is that simple. You make me ashamed of being gay.
"muh equality" Shut the fuck up, you genuinely revolt me. For fuck's sake, the guy called the police himself. Your crimes are not victimless, its victims are gay people who try to live and act like normal people who don't spend their entire existences complaining about other's supposed mistreatement of them, yet they are being associated with thoughtless and irresponsible people like you. Enough of that fragility and victimization.
>>
>>8370906
Lmao maybe because they're not gay? Hence the meaning of the word 'straight'

>>8370963
How is it homophobic?
>>
>>8370890
>Because his medical status is his own business Rhoades didn't tell Plendl he was positive
They should have strung him up, condom or no
>>
>>8371780
I feel my friend
>>
>>8371780
>Don't do sexual acts that may induce diseases,
As Lambda Legal says, sex with someone with suppressed HIV "may pose little risk".

>you don't know what true homophobia even looks like if you think this is even remotely homophobia.
>"muh equality"
Labda Legal's slogan is literally "making the case for equality". This is a gay/HIV carrier rights issue or they wouldn't have got involved.

>>8371781
>How is it homophobic?
Lambda Legal wouldn't have got involved if they weren't fighting for equality. They're not just some monsters who want to make it easier for people who endanger others you know.
>>
>>8371516
Lambda Legal also fight for abortion rights.

https://www.lambdalegal.org/in-court/cases/whole-womans-health-v-hellerstedt

This is a transgender rights issue.
>>
File: 1472216012454.jpg (47KB, 604x604px) Image search: [Google]
1472216012454.jpg
47KB, 604x604px
>>8370890
Trying to pass a deadly disease is attempted murder it doesn't matter the sexuality.

If it was a guy that did that to a female this story would be different.

Nice false flag though.
>>
>>8372550
Maybe you haven't noticed but America's foremost legal support group for LGBT rights considers it an equality issue.
>>
>>8372559
Have you considered the possibility that nobody cares about your group and what it says ?
>>
>>8372559
Maybe you haven't noticed but anything that's "foremost" is usually a tool created by rich people to create crises to profit from.

They will take a random case with a black person and spin it as if it were about racism if they can. I called this false flag because I know you're a /pol/lack that came here to pretend you agreed with this retardation and make people rally to your cause.
>>
>>8372579
American LGBT people do. The American public who donate to it do. The American courts which change laws thanks to its lawyers do.
>>
>>8372591
Won't you just shut your annoying mouth ? Or perhaps you just happen to know the opinion of all american LGBT people ? I agree with the person above, you're probably just a /pol/ack.
>>
>>8372586
>false flag
>when this is actually happening
>when LGBT people are now at risk of HIV because an organization acting in their name made it legal for HIV positive people to have sex with them without disclosing their status despite openly being unaware of the risk
Say what you want about this thread, the facts are true and LGBT people and their allies are supporting this organization's perverse idea of equality.
>>
>>8372622
The fact is true that you're stupid enough to
believe LGBT people as a whole agree with this. Nobody cares about what most "allies" think anyway, they seldom come up with actually useful ideas, instead they mostly encourage our imperfections in the name of tolerance.
>>
>>8372651
I never said that. This thread shows otherwise. I show otherwise. The man who was exposed to HIV risk shows otherwise.

But you can't say an organization like this, that gets loads of money and influences rulings, represents nobody.
>>
>>8372655
You just said that LGBT people were supporting this, you didn't say "part of them" or "some LGBT people" or something like that, wich led me to misinterpret what you wanted to mean. Anyway, we as a community have a painfully obvious problem of representation and it is also painfully clear that nobody knows what to do about it.
>>
>>8372675
>You just said that LGBT people were supporting this,
I don't think I did but I haven't looked back up the thread so maybe you're right.

>we as a community have a painfully obvious problem of representation and it is also painfully clear that nobody knows what to do about it.
Well a start might be publicly criticizing organizations like this that endanger LGBT people while acting in their name and push for sensible laws that actually help. Basically a reverse of this.
>>
>>8370890

I don't know why this is even news. Since in every random hookup, you have to presume that the other person could be HIV+ and is lying about it.
>>
>>8372710
You have to assume it in the same way you have to assume someone will try your car door when you park it.

That doesn't stop car theft being a crime.

Except in this case, thanks to a "car owner equality" group, it does.
>>
This is either bait or some butthurt HIV positive fag who things more people would have sex with him if he didn't have to disclose.
>>
>>8372727

But if you go to a ghetto by night and get robbed. Can you really blame the nigger?

People shouldn't be naive about the risks they are taking.
I still think that this whole Lambda thing is a waste of money.
>>
>>8372739
See >>8372655

>>8372744
>Can you really blame the nigger?
Uh, yes? And when he gets arrested black equality groups have no place campaigning to free him while acting like he's the victim and I'm not black too.

>I still think that this whole Lambda thing is a waste of money.
Yes, that money could have been burnt instead and would have protected more LGBT people from HIV.
>>
>>8370890
>Lambda Legal, who fight for equality and LGBT rights

No, they fight for poz people rights. I bet there is some conservative group behind them.
>>
>>8372799
>I bet there is some conservative group behind them.
"Never attribute to malice what could be explained by stupidity."
>>
>>8370890
>LGBT equality
>weakening legal protections against manslaughter by AIDS
>>
>>8371392
Yeah but if I am open about being HIV positive I'll never get a date.
>>
>>8377059
Have no fear! Lambda Legal is here!

You have every right to get easy hookups by concealing the risk you expose your partners to!
>>
>>8377059
> poz people who date don't exist
>>
>>8370890
> homophobic
Would the outrage be different in a hetero encounter? RE: Charlie Sheen.
>>
>>8372799

This.

Sounds like a conservative attempt to smear LGBT.

OP sounds like a shill, too.
>>
>>8377120
>muh conspiracy theory
>muh LGBT groups I don't like must be the bad guys hating us and not the REASON people hate us
>>
the last two people ive dated, we all got std checks from doctor and shared results before even kissing. one of those relationships didnt get to kissing stage and i still enjoy and admire the time we spent together.

i am a licensed nurse. i got an hiv infection from equipment failure (truvada saved me ive never tested poz) and i didnt know the patient had hiv until we were doing paperwork for the equipment breaking my glove/skin

i suggest less degeneracy and more accountability of weekend degenerate hookup sluts. no change in law needed, infecting ppl with hiv is already a murder charge.
>>
if he didn't want an std.
he wouldn't have had unprotected sex.
or sex at all.
fuck this "victim" for thinking he's entitled to sympathy for a choice he made knowing the consequences.
>>
>>8377186
How were you saved from your infection?
>>
>>8370890
From California >>8380196
>The state Senate on Wednesday voted to no longer make it a felony for someone infected with HIV to knowingly expose others to the disease by having unprotected sex without telling his or her partner about the infection.
>>
>>8377219
>Because when I'm horny I know I'm thinking about STD's!

Seriously?
>>
>>8380212
They did it because felons lose the right to vote and they need all the AIDS victims to vote for gibsmedats and keep the corrupt congresscritters in office.
And because they don't want an AIDS epidemic in the prisons.
>>
>>8377248
Truvada
reading comprehension 0/10
>>
>>8383736
They could just let felons vote...
>>
>>8370890
Lock him up
>>
>>8370890
Fags who purposefully spread HIV need to be gassed, I can't believe you could just ruin another person's life like that.
>>
>>8371780
Drumpfkin detected. They were trying to throw him in jail for love! The article Even says there is very little risk in HIV spreading, so what's the problem? There is none. You just need a reason to hate gays.
>>
>>8390998
This. Glad the judge didn't buy it. #LoveWon
>>
>>8377059
That's rape, anon.
>>
>>8391027
No it's not.
t. US courts
>>
>>8370890
>>8370963
>>8390998
>>8391011

Do /pol/tards not have a concept of subtlety at all?
>>
>>8391122
Ask Lambda Legal.
>>
>>8370890
There has been 0. ZERO cases of an undetectable poz person infecting someone with HIV. It's more likely you get aids from having sex with a condom with someone who hasn't been tested in a few months than being bred by a poz guy who has been on medication for 6+ months.

If that should be a felony, then any sex should be considered criminal negligence unless preceded by 2 months of no sex and a comprehensive STD test.
>>
This is an attempt to spread aids among gays in order to fuel the lgbt-controversy propaganda machine.

Oppose this shit at all costs.
Reject this shit at all costs.
Denounce this shit at all costs.

Don't become another tool for political activists.
Free yourself from these chains.
>>
>>8391128
With allies like lambda who needs poltards?
>>
>>8391354
Listen, faggot, if there is any chance we were going to fuck I would want to know if you had hiv so I could turn your little diseased was down, even if the chance of giving me anything is pie
>>
>>8391439
Exactly.

Why should they bother false flagging or inventing strawmen when there's shit like this being openly boasted about this way?
>>
>>8391354
>ZERO cases of an undetectable poz person infecting someone with HIV.
lol
>>
>>8391487
I don't think you know what undetectable means.
>>
Its well established that HIV is transmissible when at undetectable levels. Seriously, the level of retardation among fags who think this is ok is a huge thorn in the side of the gay acceptance movement.
>>
>>8391654
>https://www.hiv.va.gov/patient/faqs/transmission-of-undetectable-virus.asp

Of course it's theoretically possible if you fuck bareback with an undetectable poz person, but in the real world, as in the studies above, people use condoms, and that with undetectable viral loads equals effectively 0%.

If you are letting strangers bareback you, they are not the only ones responsible if you get pozzed.

I just find it funny that none of you itt see the perverse incentive you place with this mindset. If HIV is stigmatized to this point, you're simply dissuading people from getting tested. Better to unknowingly give someone aids and have no legal fault than knowing there's am incredibly tiny risk and failing to disclose it.
>>
>>8391770
>victim blaming
>>
>>8391626
I don't think you know what ZERO means.
>>
This thread proves that trannies (and possibly lesbians) are superior to the other LGBT letters.
If you don't disclose you're positive, you should be publicly executed.
>>
>>8391801
I was being hyperbolic. The point was that there were zero cases of it happening in either of those two studies.

>>8391799
>People who let strangers stick their bare dick inside their assholes and cum in then are victims
>>
>>8391815
>I was being hyperbolic
Kill yourself faggot.

(I wasn't)
>>
>>8391814
This desu
>>
>>8391840
>He admitted his error instead of defending it so I couldn't argue a pedantic point while avoiding his actual argument
>I'll just shitpost

Great job.
>>
>>8391814
Can I just crossdress to be trans or do I have to take HRT or change my name too?
>>
>>8391942
Did it never occur to you I might simply find your 'hyperbole' obnoxious?

But please do continue your armchair psychologist routine.
>>
>>8391354

If everybody would take their medication and disclosed their condition, then in theory there shouldn't be new cases of HIV. But that is not what actually happens. I don't see how protecting the poz guys will be good for the rest of the population.
>>
>>8391962
By this point if you are a living breathing male on this earth you're trans.

Oddly enough, no pressure for women to become FtMs.....
>>
>>8391965
>Time to continue arguing something pedantic while refusing to address the primary argument
Please by all means keep going. I'm enjoying this.
>>8392001
HIV infections almost all happen from people who aren't medicated, and in the west the only reason people aren't medicated is because they don't know their own status.

The HIV problem. Is largely a problem of lack of testing, and a contributing factor to that is the stigma attached. That's what makes HIV so terrifying. It's no longer a death sentence. It's just an inconvenience on someone's life. That's not what's terrifying. Becoming a social pariah who earns the community's scorn and is literally hated? That's what scares people. If that stigma was gone, people wouldn't be so afraid to get tested.

I myself wouldn't fuck a poz guy. But I wouldn't treat him like he was Hitler because he was either stupid once or incredibly unlucky, and I wouldn't rule him out of the running for people I'd go on a date with.
>>
>>8392034
>HIV infections almost all happen from people who aren't medicated, and in the west the only reason people aren't medicated is because they don't know their own status.

People know damn well if they might have been exposed, HIV is not something that spontaneously happens. There are obvious symptoms that appear a few weeks after being infected, you don't need to get tested to suspect that you might have it.

>>8392034
>Becoming a social pariah who earns the community's scorn and is literally hated? That's what scares people.

You cannot legislate people's behavior. People won't magically accept poz guys, they are going to turn more paranoid. If you are dating somebody, they will eventually find out if you are poz, there is little sense in hiding the condition.
>>
>>8392076
>If you get a runny nose after having sex you know you have AIDS
And you know nothing about the disease. It is not guaranteed you'll show any symptoms at all until later on.

>People won't magically accept poz guys
No, but the stigma has gone from outside of the gay community to now every neg guy in the gay community thinks poz guys are evil. I guess it's because back int the day, people had friends who suffered with it whereas now they don't. Lack of exposure creates fear I suppose.

People just need to get tested and fuck with condoms. HIV would be gone in a generation if we did that. Hating poz people won't help.
>>
>>8370890
Short n' Sweet.

Knowingly spreading a deadly ailment is equivalent to attempted or straight up murder. There's no Ands, If's, or Buts about it. Anyone who advocates for this needs to be fed to a pack of wild dogs.
>>
File: guymadison-5.jpg (74KB, 529x702px) Image search: [Google]
guymadison-5.jpg
74KB, 529x702px
>>8392034
>The HIV problem. Is largely a problem of lack of testing

This ignores chasers and gifters and the whole "i don't want to know just fuck me without a condom" crowd.
Hiv spreads because people are careless horndogs.
Are you proposing more government funding for testing or what?
Because there are free clinics already pretty much everywhere that offer free testing.
>>
>>8392126
>Hating poz people won't help.

The law won't help.
People will find a way around, like posting their negative test results in the dating apps.
>>
>>8392126
>People just need to get tested and fuck with condoms. HIV would be gone in a generation if we did that. Hating poz people won't help.

What would happen if poz guys stopped spreading the disease?
Maybe they keep it in their pants instead of being skanks?
Ever heard of monogamy with another pozzed freak?
We don't want your tainted jizz.
>>
>>8392203
This
I bet if AIDS eradication succeeded, one or two remaining gifters would want to reinfect thousands of people
Some people identify as damaged, and like it that way.
>>
>>8392186
but shooting an intruder with a shotgun is not
america everyone
>>
>>8392203
>A tiny fetish group is somehow the reason for nearly 1/5 gay men to have HIV.
Sure.
>>8392211
You honestly think people who know they're poz are the problem more than low income black people who bareback everyone and never get tested? HIV rates among black gay men continue to skyrocket and it sure as hell isn't because of the people on antivirals.
>>
File: 77a.png (411KB, 610x406px) Image search: [Google]
77a.png
411KB, 610x406px
>>8392571
>being this stupid

kek
>>
>>8392301
So you would rather the intruder be able to do whatever he wants to you and your family?

Or maybe you think police will save you? :^)
>>
>>8392614
Nice rebuttal.
Thread posts: 89
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.