[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I've been in a trans support group for a while now and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5

File: ugh.jpg (105KB, 680x383px) Image search: [Google]
ugh.jpg
105KB, 680x383px
So I've been in a trans support group for a while now and it's been really helpful. It's great that people with more experience can tell you how to get legal shit done and which doctors are the best for what.
Most of them are older and I really feel sorry for them when they talk about how long they had to repress. However recently they started doing stuff outside of the center like raising awareness for transgender people and shit. I really like those people since they helped me a lot but I don't want to be seen with some ugly old ogre hons. I guess they start to realize how I feel since I always have an excuse to not show up. Am I being a hypocrite for shunning them outside of the meetings?
>>
>>8370730
Having a simple self-preservation instinct isn't being a hypocrite. What's more, being hons, what they're doing is likely detrimental to the cause.
>>
>>8370769
>What's more, being hons, what they're doing is likely detrimental to the cause.
This. Their "raising awareness" could easily be pushing anti-Blanchard propaganda.
>>
>>8370797
Blanchardposters really are the cancer of this board.
>>
>>8370730
How are they raising awareness?
How many doctors do you need??
>>
>>8370730
You sound like an asshole t b h
>>
>>8370769

This

OP, there is nothing wrong with the way you feel, the whole LGBT trans awareness shit kept me in the closet for a decade as I didnt want to be 'one of those freaks', you should decide your own level of involvment and not wanting to very publicly out yourself with others is perfectly reasonable.
>>
>>8370899
>How are they raising awareness?
They put up a stand in the mall and hand out flyers about being trans for example.
>How many doctors do you need??
I don't know yet but I already know which ones have a good reputation.
>>
>>8370940
It is a cyclical problem. The cute transpeople got stealth and the hons stand up scaring other people out of standing up themselves. Thus we never have good representation.

The only way forward is for passable people to sacrifice their passing privilege to advocate for us.
>>
>>8370903
That's exactly how I feel actually.
I really appreciate that I have a place where I can get useful information but I don't want to associate with them in public for reasons that I feel are shallow but I just can't help myself.
>>
>>8370855
???
>>
>>8370956
Think of how many young trans people will and have been hurt by their activism that paints transgender people as old perverted men.
>>
>>8370952

Its not a great situation but it makes a lot of sense. We dont want to be seen as trannies....we want to be seen as women, openly declaring you are trans means you loose that, and there is nothing wrong with not wanting to out yourself like that.
>>
>>8370977
And that denies Blanchard.
>>
>>8370960
What about it needs explanation?
>>8371002
>>8370855
>>
File: 1477470341717.jpg (52KB, 640x556px) Image search: [Google]
1477470341717.jpg
52KB, 640x556px
>>8370977
We need stealth and early transitioners to be the face of the trans movement. How can we convince more appealing people to advocate?
>>
>>8371131
money for surgeries?
>>
>>8370952
>The only way forward is for passing people to sacrafice their passing privilege for us
lmao get fucked hon. I'll sacrafice your mom to summon a 6 star monster before I do that.
>>
>>8371524
>hon
I'm pretty new to /lgbt/ but I've seen this word being thrown around so many times. What does it mean? At first I thought it refers to late transitioners but then some people called someone who transitioned at 16 a hon.
>>
>>8371599
>At first I thought it refers to late transitioners but then some people called someone who transitioned at 16 a hon
/tttt/ is delusional and completely unconnected to reality regarding age of transition and passability (for mtfs, they have the opposite problem for ftms but so does every other trans community)
stuff like that is par for the course
>>
>>8370730
watching the trans failures gives me motivation.

But i have more respect for the hons than i have for the forever-closets.
>>
>>8371756
I would be a hon if I transitioned whats the point?
>>
>>8370730
Why would you even go to a support group. Just make normal friends.
>>
Why are trans people so hateful toward each other? I'm cis and I would hang out with ugly people. Its not a crime to be ugly or old. Treat them as you would like to be treated if you were ugly/old.
>>
>>8372040
Passers have exactly zero empathy for other people
>>
File: 1495722920959.png (116KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1495722920959.png
116KB, 400x400px
>>8372040
>>8372043
Because the way that you get treated when you pass is 1000x times than how you get treated when you don't.
>>
>>8372043

Its really horrible. I thought trans women might just feel the same pressure about looks that cis women do. Cis women also can get pressured to look very feminine and pretty all the time, don't get old, etc.

But trans women just hate on each other and you see people here with these horrible complexes afraid to even express their own gender because they might turn into a "hon", better to repress themselves than be "hon". Or don't want to hang out with these people they really like because they are "hons". Or scrutinizing their own pictures to see if they are a "hon". Talking about if "hons" are good for "the cause", because the cause should just be about accepting the most prettiest trans women, none of those ugly "hons" who don't deserve acceptance I guess? God forbid most trans people are going to be kind of plain and normal and maybe even a bit masculine looking and thats okay?

You are hurting yourselves and each other.
>>
>>8372048
Indeed, just like at how you and Nicole get treated.
>>
>>8372048

No shit. Same goes for any other minority group. A Muslim that doesn't wear hijab or Jewish person who doesn't wear kippah gets treated better than the ones who do. A very light skinned black person gets treated far better than a dark skinned black person. A gay guy or bi guy who gets married to a woman will be treated better than one who got married to a man.

Add onto that general looks privilege that pretty women get in general, yeah of course a very pretty, """passing"" trans girl will be treated much better than someone who is visibly trans.

But why enforce that in your own community? Why hate people who are less well off than you are? Cis people are better treated than trans people, does that give me an excuse to hate trans people? Shouldn't you be extra kind and thoughtful to those who are more hurt?
>>
File: 1494190956757.jpg (31KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1494190956757.jpg
31KB, 400x400px
>>8372084
>>8372074
err... I mean to say "1000x times worse"
>>
>>8372090
I'm still curious to this day whether you are a troll or fucking insane cara
>>
>>8372094
shes unironically schizophrenic
>>
>>8371599
It's just like saying nigger on the rest of this site at this point.
>>
>>8372040
It's because they are real women and that's how real women act.
>>
>>8372156

No, I'm a real cis woman and that's not how I act. Mostly try to be friendly toward older women, and toward visibly trans women.

Sorry but if you think """real womanhood""" is being a snot you have no idea what being a real woman is. If you want people to consider mtf "real woman" then you need to extend the same compassion towards less fortunate in your own community.
>>
>>8372189
Women of all kinds (trans and cis) are batshit insane. Sorry.
>>
>>8370730
Yes you are a bad and selfish person. Just like everyone else. Not even you like Transgender people, you just want to feel validated, so you use them.

Don't praise them either though. They raise awareness because they feel bad for themselves
>>
>>8372189
Being "friendly" towards trans women is disingenuous, because in the back of your head you know that they'll never have the same social standing as you within your own friend groups. True friendship requires equal standing. That's why only stealth passing trans women can be friends with cis women.
>>
File: 6475123.jpg (32KB, 259x400px) Image search: [Google]
6475123.jpg
32KB, 259x400px
>>8372198

Insane doesn't mean acting nasty and hateful towards others. Women rank higher in empathy towards other people

Everyone will be ugly one day.
>>
>>8372209

>Being "friendly" towards trans women is disingenuous, because in the back of your head you know that they'll never have the same social standing as you within your own friend groups.

What does that have to do with anything? How does one follow the other? How am I less sincere?

>True friendship requires equal standing.
1) Not true
2) I don't even know if there is such a thing. Someone will always make more money, be prettier, be more educated, better body, etc. Hierarchies are inescapable.
>>
>>8372211
>Women rank higher in empathy towards other people
Proofs?
>>
>>8372297

>Current literature find that women demonstrate more empathy across studies.[77] Women perform better than men in tests involving emotional interpretation, such as understanding facial expressions, and empathy.[78][79][80][81][82]
>An analysis from the journal of Neuroscience & Biobehavioral Reviews found that there are sex differences in empathy from birth which remains consistent and stable across lifespan.[77] Females were found to have higher empathy than males while children with higher empathy regardless of gender continue to be higher in empathy throughout development.[77] Further analysis of brain tools such as event related potentials found that females who saw human suffering had higher ERP waveforms than males .[77] Another investigation with similar brain tools such as N400 amplitudes found higher N400 in females in response to social situations which positively correlated with self-reported empathy.[77] Structural fMRI studies found females have larger grey matter volumes in posterior inferior frontal and anterior inferior parietal cortex areas which are correlated with mirror neurons in fMRI literature.[77] Females were also found to have stronger link between emotional and cognitive empathy.[77]
>>
>>8372364
Cultural. A result of girls being nurtured and boys being forced to repress their emotions.
>>
>>8372463
how the fuck does being forced to repress your emotions destroy your ability to read others'? proof?
>>
>>8372481
>how the fuck does being worse at emotions make you worse at emotions
>>
>>8372481
i think he is either retarded or trolling not worse responding to them
>>
>>8372364
did someone say erp?
>>
>>8372084
Because presenting as female when you don't pass means there IS something wrong with you
>>
>>8372511
>ask for proof on women being more empathetic
>refuses to supply proof for his conjecture on why women are
classic

ive kept my emotions to myself most my life and im still 10x better at reading people than all my friends

reading people is sensory. showing emotions is expressive. you act like emotions are complicated or an activity you can practice. also repression doesnt stop people from experiencing emotions anyway.

someone doesnt have to learn how to cook to know that pie and roast beef smell different

>>8372523
i hope you saged :)
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.