[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm a straight guy (no hate pls) with a question. My best

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

File: images.jpg (8KB, 183x275px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8KB, 183x275px
I'm a straight guy (no hate pls) with a question.
My best friends are a lesbian couple, but they seem totally affectionless. They've been dating for 4 years and I can't remember even seeing them kiss once (admittedly I've never thought about it until now and I may have seen them kiss and just didn't think anything of it). The three of us used to be roommates, and I never once heard them have sex, and they never seem to talk about sex either. They bicker constantly, and while they're sometimes nice to each other it doesn't seem nearly as lovey-dovey as the way straight couples act. I did overhear them talk about getting married once, after making up from a fight, but that's basically the only hint of affection I've ever seen from them.
Is this normal for lesbian/gay couples? Do they feel pressured not to show affection because it's taboo? It doesn't seem healthy desu.
>>
Are any of them hiding their sexuality from their family? Sometimes same sex couples live as "pretense roommates" even when on their own to keep up the act of being straight.
>>
>>8361589
>Is this normal for lesbian/gay couples?
nope
>>
They sound like a couple who's romance has died and now they're only together out of denial that its over.
>>
Are they ugly and fat?
>>
>>8361589
sounds like my straight parents desu
>>
>>8362668
And they only stayed together because of you.
Talk about wasted sacrifice.
>>
>>8362726
>knows nothing about me
>>
>>8362731
Keep telling yourself that, mrs disappointment.
>>
They're miserable but too stupid to recognize it. Both are probably scared of being alone to the point of staying in a stale relationship
>>
>>8361589
Why would they do those things in front of you anyway? Maybe they feel uncomfortable acting like a couple in front of a guy or other people in general. You could also ask one of them how things between them are going, if you really care.
>>
>>8362735
>mrs
>>
>>8361589
I've been reading a book titled Boston Marriages: Romantic But Asexual Relationships Among contemporary Lesbians. It says that many long term cohabiting relationships of lesbians are asexual, and no one seems to talk about this, even lesbians. Good book, I reccomend it.
>>
>>8361589
Doesn't seem typical to me. I have a random roommate I HATE in a 4 bedroom apartment and he happens to live only side. Doesn't stop the sex from happening in my room.
>>
>>8362860
One reason being a lesbian sucks is it often devolves into more of a friend type relationship. I think this is due to the fact that females don't like taking initiative which is needed to keep things interesting and romantic: diagnoses bed death. I'm lucky I'm assertive enough to keep this from happening with my own relationships
>>
>>8362436
>>8362766
>>8362860

>Closeted.
>Not going to put on a show for anyone.
>Not going to risk being assaulted by random stalker who might follow them home after PDA in order to "rape them straight"... no joke.
>Lesbian bed-death.
>>
>>8362880
I'll agree with this, although most of my relationships end up as mother/daughter types since I was mainly attracted to older women.

But in general, a lot of the lesbian relationships I know of are less sexual than "straight" relationships. I just can't live like that and that is what screwed up most of my relationships.
>>
>>8362907
Absolute truth. People of all orientations fail to realize that after the initial thrill wears off actual work is needed to keep relationships from turning cold. Traditionally men are expected to initiate romantic activity so when it's two girls I think they sit around waiting for the other to take initiative
>>
>>8362880
>tfw mtf
>tfw no friend type girlfriend but with still cuddling
>>
maybe they both finally realized that heaven is only open to those who PRAISE THE LORD AND FILL THEIR WHOLE WITH GOURD
>>
>>8361589
Honestly they should just part ways.
If your relationship reaches the point of "friendship only" it means none are even trying and it either leads to grudge or even worse like cheating.

They can be friends still don't get me wrong but this asexual relationship thing doesn't really work that well, specially if you're not really asexual (thus the cheating part).
>>
>>8362919
I don't think they wait for the other to initiate sex. There's just not that much libido in the relationship for sex.

In a "straight" relationship, it's usually the guy initiating. The couple will have sex but not as much as the guy wants and probably more than the female would like.

Females who are older and/or in a relationship for a while (after the NRE wears off) tend to enjoy non-sexual intimacy and emotional closeness. If both are into that, the relationship can be fine.
>>
>>8362947
Maybe they wouldn't mind 'cheating'? One goes off and gets laid and then they chat about it together while braiding each other's hair the next evening before snuggling together in their PJs.
>>
>>8362982
I know everyone is different and so on but overall it's pretty shitty.
The moment you start sleeping with randoms your wife is not really your wife anymore she's just your emotional tampom/friend and I think even for people who don't mind it, it still erodes the relationship.

Basically what I'm trying to say is that you stop thinking of that person the way you did back then and it's quite shitty.
I had a gf that wanted to explore more stuff and so on it didn't work that well and I moved on. She's still single and butthurt at why she can't find someone "special" now I'm married and doing breddy gud.

Variety may be the spice of life but if you put too much spice you can't taste your food anymore.
>>
>>8361589
>do all gays/lesbians

No, stop. Just like blacks aren't all the same, gays and lesbos aren't either. Especially gays compared to lesbians, I haven't known a lesbian I could stand for as long as I can think back.
>>
>>8362995
I guess it can work for some people. My partner offered to let me sleep with other women. She was 52 and had no interest in sexual intimacy other than maybe once every few months. I just didn't see that as an option, nor could I cheat on her.
>>
>>8362928
Why do you think I'm a tranny??
>>
>>8363152
i don't, just my situation
>>
>>8362820
Miss
>>
>>8363271
>miss
>>
>>8361589
To answer your question your bestiez are suffering from 'Lesbian Bed Death' and it is a common thing to have happen in gay relationships. Since sex is often the primary focus the honeymoon period can last from a month to a year but eventually reality sets in. They realize that waking up and forcing yourself to love someone of the same sex and pretend it's totally normal is going to put strain on the gay relationship since the amount of force and denial required to make a gay relationship work is staggering. Since most 'out and proud' homosexuals are not interested in honesty just image they make other homosexuals try and feel bad for their imploding relationship when the reality is that's the norm. Gay relationships being affection-less are very common in the gay world. You're not allowed to say that truth in public but if you were gay and see how horrible gays treat each other you would say that the best thing for their relationship is to remain affection-less since ALL gay relationships are doomed to fail by design.
>I'm a straight guy...
>My best friends are a lesbian couple
You need to pick better friends it sounds like.
>>
File: 1491998895052.jpg (179KB, 318x377px) Image search: [Google]
1491998895052.jpg
179KB, 318x377px
>>8363309
>>
>>8361589
As half of a long-time lesbian couple, we don't do much beyond the occasional hug or holding hands in general public or around hetero friends. We're a lot more open in lesbian-only spaces but we're not going to make-out or anything like that even then. It's out of a general sense of discretion and safety, and no desire to be a spectacle.

That said, we're emotionally affectionate with each other pretty much always. A lot of shared glances, compliments, joking, telling stories about things we've done together. It's easy to spot us as a happy couple.

Your description sounds like an unhappy couple who could be gay, straight or lesbian. It's a common thing to see.
>>
>>8363363
Just out of curiosity... how old are you two? To what extent are you sexually active?
>>
>>8363493
Late 20s/30s and pretty regularly, as in most weekends and an occasional weeknight.
>>
>>8363643
That's far from Lesbian Death Bed. I can understand the lack of PDA and the reasons. Where do you live? I'm in a big city and PDA's are fairly common with LGBT folk.
>>
>>8363700
In the suburbs of a liberal city. Sure, there's plenty of young LGBT that like PDA but there's plenty of couples that don't and those couples won't show up on your radar. It's simply a personal preference. Look at how many straight couples aren't PDA in public and they don't even have any incentive for that.
>>
>>8363309
This
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.