[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are"early onset" trans people in unsupportive families

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 1490503443859.jpg (92KB, 500x345px) Image search: [Google]
1490503443859.jpg
92KB, 500x345px
Are"early onset" trans people in unsupportive families stuck in the worst kind of hell?
>depending on their openness family might be downright hostile
>can't take the legal path if underage
>only solution is to self med, which is costly, and can't get a job if underage
>>
>>8360060
Been there, done that. It sucks yeah. But I got through it and am more happy now then ever. Atleast it gave me the certainty that I was trutrans afterall.

Also with all the waiting to be grown up and getting on HRT you learn patience waiting a year for a surgery is like a walk in the park in comparison to my old struggles now.
>>
Self med is an option and there are ways to make money so they have a Chance these days. If I had the chance again I would break knees as a psychotic 12 year old to get meds. This is hell
>>
>>8360121
Self med is a lot harder when you aren't an adult with your own place. Also, FtMs really can't self med anywhere as easily.
>>
>>8360132
I just think some of them have a chance. If they find an advocate group a better chance. Lotsa young girls end up on the streets to get their meds its dangerous but a smart girl can find safe way and with all the info out there a better chance than ever
But if their body decays into the state mine is in then yes they're in hell too
>>
>>8360060
yeh
Been this way since 13/puberty (can't really speak on my feelings before then), knew what was up since I was 16

Just about 19 and finally pulled the trigger
>how to pay for it
>how to receive it
hard to believe those 2 tiny things are what has been stopping me these 3 years

(I ended up just saving up ALL money: birthday gifts, allowances, etc: and as for the delivery, I just fucking pulled the trigger and imma try to get to the mailbox first, basically)
>>
My fiance is kinda transphobic I do worry about the .1% chance (or whatever) we have a trans kid.
>>
>>8362776
So are you gays or lesbians or what? How transphobic?
>>
>>8362825

I'm bisexual, he's straight.

Idk, he definitely thinks if you are male you're a man and should act like one too, and any young people who feel transgender feelings must have been messed up by their parents. He misgenders Chris-chan (the sonichu girl) and makes fun of a lot of trans e-celebrities/activists. I love him dearly but he could stand to have a bit more compassion for people who are different in general.

And if we have a trans kid (or even a gay kid) I think it will cause some friction, possibly even cause a rift/estrangement. I'd hate that.
>>
>>8362851
He's ok with you being bi but would have issues with a gay son or daughter?

Just curious but what aspect of being bi brings you to /lgbt/? Since you presumably aren't looking for girls to hook up with if you're in such a serious relationship and LGB people don't have the ton of shared issues trans people do with each other outside of dating?
>>
>>8362875
>He's ok with you being bi but would have issues with a gay son or daughter?
Being bisexual is like...."oh I'm attracted to women". Its meaningful to me as an individual kinda (as much as any sexuality is meaningful), not particularly meaningful when it comes to our relationship. (I think I decided I was going to settle down with a man in my early 20s, because I decided I wanted a big Catholic family). I know a lot of bisexuals will hate me for saying this, but I think bisexuals in settled het relationships fit in pretty well with straight society.

A gay man is going to have a harder time settling down with a woman, natch.

>Just curious but what aspect of being bi brings you to /lgbt/?
Isn't just being bi enough? Do I need "issues"? I don't really post often because its 99% trans threads but I try to give trans people encouragement too and maybe contribute on the rare bisexual thread.
>>
>>8362851
Well, Chris-chan ain't exactly a shining example of what a transgender person looks like.
If you have a trans kid (small chances, I really wouldn't worry too much), and he thinks trans kids were messed up by their parents, wouldn't he be able to realize that's not true because he knows neither of you messed your own kid up?
>>
>>8362917
>Well, Chris-chan ain't exactly a shining example of what a transgender person looks like.
She doesn't need to be? Many if not most trans people are kinda plain, and that's fine. It's kind of sad when so many trans people feel the need to legitimize their identities via posting the most "prettiest" trans girls they can find. As far as I can tell, it doesn't convince any transphobes and it just makes most trans women feel like """hons""" (ugh).

>wouldn't he be able to realize that's not true because he knows neither of you messed your own kid up?
He could easily blame himself or me. No parent is perfect and its easy to blame whatever. Maybe I cuddled her too much, maybe we shouldn't have let her watch anime or gone online so much. Or blame schools for having too many female teachers. My worst case fantasy is that he would blame me.

But yeah this is all very rare and hopefully he'd open his heart when its his own daughter.
>>
>>8362905
>but I think bisexuals in settled het relationships fit in pretty well with straight society.
Because they are opposite sex or because in terms of gender roles they can be perfectly conforming (being gay, even if you otherwise conform to your gender, is a big break from the expectations for people of your sex)? Either way, I get your point.

>Isn't just being bi enough? Do I need "issues"?
No, no, I just meant what's the appeal, which threads interest you, since bi threads are so rare and even lesbian threads don't apply to you in the >tfw no gf sense since you're in a relationship. Everyone's welcome to post, issues or not, I just wonder what about!

>but I try to give trans people encouragement too
Thank you :)
>>
>>8360132
Ftms can wait till 18 and still pass as cis male.
>>
>>8362875
she's living as a presumably attractive girl. Of course he's ok with it
>>
>>8363000
True. That doesn't mean going through years of being treated and looking like a girl is any easier though.
Also, if the parents are supportive and get them on blockers in time, they wouldn't grow breasts and need top surgery and have scars from it.
FtMs don't benefit as much from early treatment as MtFs, but they still benefit greatly.
>>
>>8360060
yes
>>8363000
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>8362968
>Because they are opposite sex or because in terms of gender roles they can be perfectly conforming (being gay, even if you otherwise conform to your gender, is a big break from the expectations for people of your sex)? Either way, I get your point.
I think mostly the latter? Most people have certain gendered expectations, and opposite sex partners are a part of being perceived as feminine or masculine. My fiance is religious (I couldn't find my ideal Catholic husbando in the wild so I had to make one myself), but even when he was agnostic he was very rigid when it comes to "men" and "women". So he has a certain prejudice against gay men, effeminate men, trans women, overly "feminist" women, etc.

I don't think this kind of prejudice is uncommon either. I probably have it too. I prefer masculine guys and feminine girls. I just tend to have more sympathy for those people who don't fit the mold, vs. frustration with them.

>No, no, I just meant what's the appeal, which threads interest you, since bi threads are so rare and even lesbian threads don't apply to you in the >tfw no gf sense since you're in a relationship. Everyone's welcome to post, issues or not, I just wonder what about!
Yeah it makes sense that bi threads are the most rare and trans threads the most common, since trans people go through a lot more, and gender identity cuts deeper than sexuality. I just post whenever I feel like I have something to add to the conversation.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.