[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm trying to understand how straight men think. Why would

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: age-of-conan-hybor-4e26260b0ed83.jpg (463KB, 1280x1382px) Image search: [Google]
age-of-conan-hybor-4e26260b0ed83.jpg
463KB, 1280x1382px
I'm trying to understand how straight men think.

Why would a man talk to another man unless he either owed him money or wanted to fuck?

What are they thinking? Like, I can understand if you are relaying information for some purpose. But like why would a male otherwise start yapping at another male.

I ask because I notice a lot of straight men seem chatty like chicks and yak a lot. I understand the tradition of an anecdote or joke. And its mostly young guys. Never have people talked so much with nothing to say. Its kind of amazing really. I wonder if straight men are turning into women for some reason.
>>
>>8348970
gays are generally more simple than straights.
>>
>>8348970
Men that were able to form tribal bonds with each other had a better chance of surviving
>>
>>8348970
>ITT: OP is a sociopath and has confused it as being an aspect of his sexuality.
>>
>>8349001
This.

Even old cis hetero dudes have these things called "friends", ya fuckwit.
>>
>>8348970
Ahhh... that is an interesting question!

Men do have certain agendas that talking can in theory be conductive to.

One is to conceive of themselves as powerful pillars that make the world run.

The most profound example of this is when men talk about sports. When they "play coach". You see, sports ostensibly serve as quintessential inspirational examples to people on how to live, be proper and function. By acting all confident about what's going on in a sport, by exchanging proclamations about what trades their favoured team needs to make in order to win, and that kind of stuff, they seek to establish themselves as managers of the quintessential thing that's needed for society to flow. This is made obvious and clear when you consider that these sportscasters that they imitate get much more into the subject matter, avoid zoning out, and almost take themselves more seriously than normal news anchors, revealing which kind of "news" western society values more.
>>
>>8348970
Some of it is multicultural virtue signalling. For example, if a guy has some german ancestry, he will be very eager to distinguish himself from a common mundane piece of white trash, and will manoeuvre at all sort of subtle things to make it profoundly clear that he's so hardworking, that it's beyond just a value, that his blood screams destiny to bless everyone around him with his prodigious labour.

On the other hand, if a guy is indian, he will be out to show you how super-forwardly anglicized he is, and how amazingly he appreciates the common law system, and so on.

If a guy is Italian, he will work to keep you aware that he is "mediterranean" - that he can tan his way into the third world, and that he is the cornerstone of the roman catholic realm and the trusted champion of catholic values. He will very subtly allude to times when Italians were not accepted as white, he will seek to reignite that.
>>
File: ss (2015-12-06 at 10.11.24).jpg (17KB, 409x320px) Image search: [Google]
ss (2015-12-06 at 10.11.24).jpg
17KB, 409x320px
>>8348970
>"why would I talk to men I don't want to fuck"
gay logic
>>
>>8348970
have you not heard of friends idiot?
>t. gay that is friends with ppl of diff genders as well as same gender
>>
>>8349175
Well, it's perfectly valid. I recall having talked a lot more with men when I was running around in skirts.
>>
>>8349188
>"I recall having talked a lot more with men when I was running around in skirts."
gay logic
>>
>>8349185
Friends? What's that? That's like, when you have the same mission in life as a bunch of people, and you get bunched together with them because your objectives would potentially be better served if you were all cooperating at them, and you're all expected to keep each other in line about being devout to your purpose, and you keep each other aware of how dirty the purposeless world outside your brotherly group is?
>>
>>8349192
Hey, I'm not a fucking faggot!
>>
>>8348970
Ironically/unironically this is whole straight men think about women. If you are smart (man) you don't go to a woman to have a stimulating conversation. This kind of compartmentalization is the straightest thing of all.
>>
>>8349262
*this is how
>>
It's no different than how people communicate dude a less you want a straight dude to fuck you because that's never gonna happen.
>>
>>8348970
straight men have an innate desire for a sense of brotherhood. we're the sex that's the de facto protectors, and soldiers fight the best together when they trust each other.
ever wonder why things like sports team affiliation, frats, and shit like that were so popular with straight men? because it satisfied their innate need to feel like they have someone they can depend on if shit hits the fan.
women look nice, and some of them are formidable fighters in their own regard, but generally speaking you're both safer off and more likely to be with another man when a fight breaks out. it also allows them to participate in rather primitive bonding and maturation rituals. things like derogatory humor, minor physical altercations, and getting into heated competition within a controlled environment allows them to build the necessary skills and stoicism to fight, argue, or work effectively in a stressful situation. if your friends insult you daily, it won't hurt as much when someone else insults you. when you fight your friends as a way to have fun and kill time, you become more prepared for a future altercation. and the communal preparation builds a sense of trust and understanding among the men.
human males have their own unique forms of posturing against a possible opponent, or competitor for a woman, and the innate desire to have male friends drives them to find males who are more skilled than them, and at their level, so they can learn and improve upon their ability to present appropriately.
>>
>>8348970
>What are they thinking?
Straight men only think about women.
Any and all actions they perform are for the sole purpose of somehow attracting women.
>>
>>8348970
What do you mean?
Are you FtM?
Are you autistic?
People can be friends.
They don't need something from someone to be able to enjoy their company.
Do you think people need to fuck all the time else there's no reason for them to be near each other?
>>
>>8349624
Westerners do need to fuck all the time. Aliens can be friends. It's pretty fucking fair and elegantly laid out. Can you not get basic shit through your head? Don't you get it how hideous shit gets when US imperialists scheme to impose the gay vegas spring break amsterdamian way onto the whole world? So fucking stop trying to impale your bullshit friendist ideology onto us, third world slumrat!
>>
>>8348970
I liked a femboy once, not for the penis though, so I'm Bi. But I'm like 99% straight.

The reason you talk to other men is to make friends and then use those friends to further your goals. Especially gettin laid.

straights are much simpler than gays.
>>
>>8350971
Nigga what did you even say
>>
>>8349624
>people need to fuck all the time else there's no reason for them to be near each other

pretty much this
>>
I mean, you could take the hardline rigid biological viewpoint and view everyone as trying to establish themselves in a male dominance heirarchy by making allies either through subversion, intimidation, subtle manipulation through language and so on. that's kind of a grim psychopathic way to look at things but there are some aspects of that. I've had close male friends since I was a kid so I kind of find it hard to look at objectively. people can be intimate without wanting sex you could say. just being around people and letting your guard down and making eachother laugh is incredibly rewarding. even if it's "blah blah blah tribal bonding dominance heirarchy rituals" or whatever.
>>
>>8351033
This is well argued, and true for most. But the more masc and man is, the more of a less classically human/ more of an island. I can see where OP is coming from despite his disorder.
>>
>>8351013
Are you living under a fucking rock? stop it with the horseshit that we should be like those rock throwing savages that kiss each other on the cheeks! We do not do that faggy shit! We do not do any of the large bundle of faggy shit that goes with that, is there something horrifically wrong with you? What kind of platonic-faggot are you?
>>
>>8348970
Cooperation, information gathering, competition.
Discussion, testing their ideas and concepts, trying to change people's opinions.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.