[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>mom is loving and accepting of me >super nice, i love

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

File: 1495499350336.jpg (9KB, 228x227px) Image search: [Google]
1495499350336.jpg
9KB, 228x227px
>mom is loving and accepting of me
>super nice, i love her
>however, today she told me she's gonna add my deadname as a middle name
>despite it being a boys name and everything
>can't really tell her not to because i've more or less forced her to call me by a new name and acknowledge me as a girl, would just be hypocritical
>asked her if she won't find it odd to have that name
>"i'm not scared of people finding me weird"
This shit feels weird as fuck, it's like she can't truly let go of the past and accept new me, wat do.
>>
>>8342471
let her do what she wants. name changes aren't a one time deal.
>>
Really the best thing to do is tell her how you feel. I don't think she realizes it's bothering you or why.
You're not imposing on your mother by transitioning or wanting her to leave your deadname in the past.
Has she even heard of the expression "deadname"? That might help her understand this.
And keep in mind, she might really be in denial, so it might take her a while to process this new information. Don't despair if she doesn't embrace it right away.
>>
>>8342471
How can she choose your new name?
>>
>>8342471
"Alice Tyrone" doesn't sound that bad.
>>
File: IMG_0368.png (1001KB, 1070x881px)
IMG_0368.png
1001KB, 1070x881px
>>8342509
>>
>>8342471
Wait, what?
You mean as your mother wants to choose your name or your mother is changing her name to yours?
WTF is going on here?
>>
>>8342532
My mom is gonna add my deadname as one of her middle names.
>>
>>8342547
Why is your mother changing her name?
Is she trying to find herself or some other middle age crisis thing? Did her boyfriend left her? Is she a tranny too?
>>
>>8342570
She says she has built a connection with my deadname and that she feels it goes to waste with me discarding it.
This feels like some prime "can't let go of the past" shit, which also feels quite odd as she's been extremely supportive of me the whole way and expressed how happy she is that I'm doing this.
>>
>>8342607
>She says she has built a connection with my deadname and that she feels it goes to waste with me discarding it.

That's some bullshit of my son is dead and I need to cling to it yadda yadda.

Have a serious talk to the woman, she's crazy and needs some help.
Also show her that her son never existed because it was always her daughter and you love her the same as you did yesterday and will continue doing so.

And finally ask her to help you out with your name and use the fact she's your mother as an excuse so she feels better about all the stuff and helps with something.
>>
>>8342622
>And finally ask her to help you out with your name
We already worked out a name for me, it's just now she's pulling this shit out of left field.
>>
>>8342695
Talk to her and explain it makes you uncomfortable.
Also get her a hobby, maybe you two can do yoga together or some shit, she will move on from this silly idea once she finds a thing to occupy herself, if she's as supportive as you say she is, she will probably be happy to help you with a lot of girl stuff.
>>
File: 22613.jpg (165KB, 1280x720px)
22613.jpg
165KB, 1280x720px
>>8342471
>mom bullies me into keeping deadname as a middle name
>>
>>8342740
Anon, her mom wants to HAVE her name.
Not to make OP keep her name.

Like Tinna Michael Anderson.
>>
>>8342471
>This shit feels weird as fuck, it's like she can't truly let go of the past and accept new me

Or maybe she just really likes the name?
>>
File: bobbay.png (273KB, 635x446px)
bobbay.png
273KB, 635x446px
>>8342744
I'm sorry that's just plain creepy
>>
>>8342753
Undoubtedly, but you gotta admit it's awkward as fuck.
>>
that's really fuckin creepy
>>
>>8342471
Needs more guilt trip. Be a woman.

>"Mom, I do not want to tell you what yu can or cannot do... but I'm going to level with you here: keeping adding my birth name as a new middle name for yourself really hurts my feelings.

>That is the sort of thing people do when they are grieving over a dead child... am I dead to you? Because that is how this idea makes me feel... dead to you... and if you would prefer to grieve over a *name* rather than move forward with your living child *together* then that is how we can proceed."
>>
>>8342929
Savage
>>
>>8342744
That's creepy as fuck I was just trying to relate to op
>>
>>8342471
>mom is loving and accepting of me
She lied.

I could have told you that years ago but you did not ask.
>>
Nothing wrong with women having a boys name especially as a middle name. Its not like vice-versa.

Why does loving the present you mean she can't also love the past you? You were her baby boy, and that name probably came from her heart seeing you as a precious tiny baby. Mothers put a lot of thought into names.
>>
File: DeerEatingChain.jpg (64KB, 500x375px)
DeerEatingChain.jpg
64KB, 500x375px
>>8343105
I get the sincerity of it, I honestly think she might actually just be a little too supportive by doing some gender non-conforming thing herself.
Thing is, I'm against this, but I'm way too nice and afraid of hurting others to speak out.
When she first told me about this she did follow it with "are you uncomfortable with this" and my brain just resorted to my standard "you can do whatever you want to do" only to later realize it's pretty fucked up.
I'll give her a call tomorrow or meet up some day and go through this more thoroughly, it happened just a couple hours ago, so I should probably be able to save the situation.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.