[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you repeatedly fractured your hips in just the right way could

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 1

File: 1478603001731.png (155KB, 381x381px) Image search: [Google]
1478603001731.png
155KB, 381x381px
If you repeatedly fractured your hips in just the right way could you cause them to repair themselves in a more female pattern?
>>
You'd be more likely to cause internal bleeding and severe pain before you make any progress.
>>
good luck with that
>>
>>8317342
Will it work though?
>>
Sure pham
t. enabler
>>
>>8317238
Maybe you can be the first to attempt this experiment. Be sure to document all the steps you have taken and write down any results you have found.
>>
>>8318340
No it won't.
>>
>>8317238
You can alter any bone shape just by applying pressure correctly, which is exactly what orthodontics do. That's the entire principle of Wolff's law.
The issue is whether simply pulling downward on the iliac crest would also change how your femur is connected and whether the connection to your sacrum would adapt along with it.
But simple bone modifications like that have been done with braces and in cases of pectus excavatum they do a surgery to install magnets on your sternum and ribs and also use a brace with magnets in it to modify your rib cage shape.

So actually enlarging the hips isn't exceedingly difficult, it's just a matter of whether you'd be able to walk after doing it lol
>>
>>8319196
well if you do it slowly enough it probably would right? how would you go about it?
>>
>>8317238
after the first time you fractured your hips, you won't want to do it again.
>>
>>8319217
In the pectus excavatum surgery it's a minor outpatient surgery where they drill and tap a threaded insert. The magnet screws into the insert and then you wear a brace that also has a magnet on it. The magnets attract and slowly pull your sternum out and the rest of your ribs and cartilage simply adapt and change shape due to the movement of your sternum. Any changes in bone shape are just gradual reactions to the force you're applying. Any time you apply a force to your bones it reacts by changing shape to resist that force.

The issue is it works great with orthodontics because your skull isn't going anywhere so any extra torques and forces that you produce while modifying your teeth shape isn't a huge deal since it's just all absorbed by your skull.
With pectus excavatum you actually want a whole bunch of torques applied off the sides of your sternum because the torques are rotating inward and your cartilage and ribs are oriented to be flared outward so it's a desirable force.
There's a lot to take into account by simply yanking on your ilium.

I always figured in the future the easiest way to alter bone shape would be a bunch of minor surgeries like that and then altering the magnitude and direction of the applied magnetic field. Theoretically you could change bone shape into anything you want. You could make a cubic bone into a sphere simply by applying the correct magnetic field.
>>
>>8319246
Take Relaxin-2 at the same time...
>>
>>8319275
Your cartilage doesn't change your pelvic shape that much. I think relaxin is mostly a meme desu

You could probably actually figure out where you'd need to apply force to your pelvis to change its shape if you modelled it up in a program like solidworks or something. The concept of modifying your bones is hardly a new idea and it's not some far-out futuristic technology or anything, it's perfectly possible with current technology.
Model it up, simulate it, then email a surgeon and convince them to partner up with you and actually do it.
>>
>>8317238
Theoretically. The pain would be excruciating.
>>
Try horseback riding. No joke
>>
>>8319246
>>8319329
Shit that sounds interesting. I probably dont' have the physics knowledge to do it though...

>>8319344
How does it work and could you simulated it without a horse?
>>
>>8319329
Relaxin-2 also makes changes to the hip bones, and causes them to widen.
>>
>>8319739
From what I've heard it only affects cartilage though. I can't see it making drastic changes to your bones given what the biological purpose is. Skeletal turnover rate is one of the slowest rates in your body. Relaxin is a response to pregnancy which would suggest it's just exploiting already present mechanisms in females bodies.
Even if you had extremely high levels of relaxin, and even if it altered bone shape, 9 months for a pregnancy term is not enough to cause any sort of changes in skeletal structure. Your skeletal structure has a cellular turnover rate of about 10 years.
>>
>>8319835
read more in the journals. Relaxin-2 is supposed to have receptors for it in the hip bones.

This is showing that Relaxin-2 can trigger reabsorption of bone. You need to soften and weaken an ossified bone before it can grow.
http://www.thebonejournal.com/article/S8756-3282(09)01973-5/fulltext

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1749-6632.2008.03788.x/full
>>
>>8319930
Are you the person who is self-medding Relaxin?
>>
No, but I am interested in it. I want to know it wont increase my already large rib cage size. I'm already very large for men for rib cage size.
>>
>>8320040
I have one source from a German transwoman taking Relaxin as part of medical trial that apparently increases in hands/feet are temporary when at the right dose.
>>
>>8320046
what is her dose?
>>
>>8320046
I'm already large handed and footed. That is another concern.
>>
>>8319930
There's also testosterone and estrogen receptors in bones, of which there are probably significantly more of than there are relaxin specific ones.
From what we know the primary means of desorption/resorption of bones is hormonal since estrogen and androgen receptors are abundant in bones.

SERMs are also somewhat interesting as they tend to target bones with higher affinity and higher transcriptase activity than estradiol. For example most phytoestrogens have easily 150% binding affinity and most are on-par and many are 200-400% more active at receptors in skeletal structure than estradiol is.
Not saying you should jump ship on estradiol since SERMs target other receptors in the body quite sporadically though.
>>
>>8320074
That's the thing, she specifically said her endo told her it's different based on the person.
>>
>>8320079
Same. But the more I hear about Relaxin the more tempting it is to try.
>>
>>8320109
that's fine but just tell me
>>
>>8320107
Fun bit Relaxin-2 needs estrogen for it to work on mouse pelvic cartilage.

>>8320074
>>8320109
They are trying to create a blood level similar to pregnancy.
>>
>>8320155
Fair enough but what's the dose? I want to see if my model is somewhat in the ballpark
>>
>>8320155
And do you have details on this trial? What is it testing for?
>>
>>8320161
I only know what was posted in the last Relaxin thread.
>>
>>8320177
What? So the person you talked to on the trial was in that thread?
>>
>>8320183
I haven't talked to anybody in a trial. Just read what others posted.
>>
>>8320197
Can you post more info on the source then?
>>
>>8319440
>Shit that sounds interesting. I probably dont' have the physics knowledge to do it though...
I might test in autodesk inventor if I get enough time to model a human pelvis in autocad lmao
But it is actually possible to do the test just really annoying to actually 3d model without a 3d scan.
>>
>>8319440

>How does it work and could you simulated it without a horse?

by riding me bby
>>
>>8317238
Jump on my cock, I'll make you a real woman
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.