[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>trans suicide rate is so high it's comparable to suicides

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 8

File: trans.png (742KB, 999x1412px) Image search: [Google]
trans.png
742KB, 999x1412px
>trans suicide rate is so high it's comparable to suicides of jews in nazi Germany
>35-40% trans youth attempt suicide at least once
>trans suicide rate does not go down after surgery
>murder rate is 1 in 12 in first world countries like the USA

if you think about it, you've won the lottery if you're still alive right now
>>
>>8312651
Why are you so mean OP?
>>
>>8312651
False. Transsexuals do better after transitioning, but those who seek to transition are already the most dysphoric so the rate is still non-insignificant.
>>
File: 1493510443734.gif (4MB, 270x205px) Image search: [Google]
1493510443734.gif
4MB, 270x205px
>>8312651
>suffering
>>
>>8312651
>>8312711
>>
>>8312651
She's more stylish than the autistic animecunts who infest this board and think knee high socks and frilly dresses are "cute"
>>
>>8312668
[citation needed]
>>
>>8312651
>35-40% trans youth attempt suicide at least once
The study which caused everyone to write that shit said 40% of trans attempt OR CONSIDER suicide. Look at it correctly, and you'll see those numbers aren't really bad at all. People are shit at reading and make up facts and statistics on their own
>>
>>8312651
None of your stats factor in repressors.
>>
>in my 30s
>haven't killed myself
Mmm... Amituofo.
>>
>>8312651
>>8312741
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26486135

Granted it's a measure of quality of life rather than suicide rate, but still.
>>
>>8312741
With pleasure.

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1365-2265.2009.03625.x/abstract
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24344788
>>
>>8312741
https://mayoclinic.pure.elsevier.com/en/publications/hormonal-therapy-and-sex-reassignment-a-systematic-review-and-met
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/23553588_Long-term_Assessment_of_the_Physical_Mental_and_Sexual_Health_among_Transsexual_Women
http://europepmc.org/abstract/med/25690443
>>
>>8312760
It was for attempts.
>>
>>8312651
> murder rate is 1 in 12 in first world countries like the USA

I see this statistic often. Do you have a credible source?
>>
1) A lot of trans people are shut out of traditional/religious social organizations which are otherwise protective against suicide/depression etc. Sometimes they can even be shut away or made to feel isolated from their own families.
2) A lot of trans people are taught they are ugly. They are not real women/men. They are deformed. They need surgeries and hormones and all that to "pass as cis". Even if trans people are being more accepted in the media, its the "pass as cis" ones who are being accepted. Not the ones who "look trans". Never that.
3) A lot of trans people feel are called perverts or weirdos.
4) Trans people are told they can never have children.

Trans people do have it much more rough than cis people. Its difficult to be trans in a cis world.
>>
>>8312706
Fucking lol that gif.
>>
File: 4channb.jpg (35KB, 524x480px) Image search: [Google]
4channb.jpg
35KB, 524x480px
Bullshit. Trannies are just mentally ill attentionwhores.

40% is about ATTEMPTS. Do you know that slitting your right wrist a little bit already counts as a suicide attempt? Do you know that standing on a bridge counts as a suicide attempt?

The number of trannies that actually die by suicide is way smaller. Just look at this board, the MtFs all talk about suicide but none of them actually does it. It's all attentionwhoring and edgy behavior.
>>
I think about that shit every day.
If I ever become even slightly wealth I swear I'll dedicate it all to charity work and community service.

If there's a god, he gave me a fucking lucky charm and I can't waste it.
>>
>>8313092
no anon, i have experience with someone who killed herself, and it really opened my eyes to how much of a problem it is, its not a mental illness, its the fault of the society we live in.
>>
>>8312651
>You ever ask yourself why trannies are offing themselves? Why does anyone off themselves? What are typical justifications used by suicidal people? Ask yourself those questions.

>Attempt. Also: See above.

>False. The rate declines by a slight degree. Again, see above as to why this is still so.

>Gee, maybe people should stop murdering other humans. It's not our fault the planet is infested with hateful, violent scum. Buy a gun. Also, holy shit, I think I found one of the reasons why trannies are so depressed that they attempt suicide. Could it be... rampant hatred, abuse and discrimination?
>>
>>8313036
>"Its difficult to be trans in a cis world."

Fucking this! This is the most underrated sentence I've ever heard in a long time. And it's extremely sad, but true. :(
>>
>>8313036
I wouldn't even want to be trans in a trans world
>>
>>8312651
How could they possibly go down?

>Attempt suicide before surgery
>Now post surgery
>Your suicide attempt has still happened, so you still in the suicide attempt statistics
>>
>>8312880
>>8313092
40% is not for attempts. It's for feelings. The suicide attempt rate whether successful or not is still much higher than normal I think it was around 5%
>>
>>8315275
It said attempts in the study I saw.
>>
>>8312651
i've managed it by completely neglecting my actual life and living life as a woman in my head instead
>>
>>8315279
It said idea in the studies I read so either people are lying in their self reporting which is likely or they're categorizing the facts falsely. It's not likely that the feelings of suicide are the same as attempts.
>>
>>8315279
40% is almost have of everyone. If you take this board as a sample population then they contradict that number. There have been many trannies here and I can only think of two attempts and they were shitty cries for attention. One of them was a trip that also posted on gaygen and got their esophagus surgically removed after their stomach pumped. Most of them have never made an attempt.
>>
>if you think about it, you've won the lottery if you're still alive right now
Not really.

It's the ones that have died that won the lottery.

By passing on and no longer having to live this miserable life.

Being alive is the true punishment.
>>
>>8313092
"Bullshit. Trannies are just mentally ill attentionwhores."

What about the ones who pass and go stealth? They chose to get no attention for being a tranny and they're the ones who would gain the most from being an attention whore.
>>
>>8312651
>>35-40% trans youth attempt suicide at least once
This is highly inflated, and the survey the statistic comes from lays out how.

This has never been studied and is unquantifiable since there are no reliably trans people who don't transition.
Those who go on to transition and then commit suicide can not have their suicide attributed to transition, since it's just as likely that transition was their last resort and they would have simply killed themselves sooner if they had been unable to pursue it.
>>
File: trans_suicide_statistics.png (165KB, 751x661px) Image search: [Google]
trans_suicide_statistics.png
165KB, 751x661px
>>8315291
>>8315298
Whatever
>>
>>8315385
Blanchard had a study about improvement in demeanor after surgery. There was also another paper that outlines lack of family and community support as strong factors but those don't change after surgery.
>>
>>8315494
>Whatever
It's wrong because half of the people haven't attempted suicide. The devil is in the details and you were obviously too lazy to actually look into it so keep believing memes.
>>
File: methods_and_limitations.png (180KB, 771x520px) Image search: [Google]
methods_and_limitations.png
180KB, 771x520px
>>8315503
How can you know that for certain? The most they ever say about possible inflation is pic related. And assuming that the level of inflation is consistent, then it would just mean that the number of trans suicide attempts is 24% compared to 2.7% in the general population, as opposed to 41% compared to 4.6%. Sooo.... It's still the same level of bad.
>>
>>8315518
It doesn't matter what they say about it. The methodology for that social """"science"""" paper isn't even scientific. Even supposing it was truthful then this board would have the highest volume of non suiciding transgenders ever.
>>
>>8315298
>got their esophagus surgically removed
Yikes that's scary. If you're going to make an attempt at least do something that won't permanently mess you up.
>>
>>8315494
What this table says to me is that more severe dysphoria = more distress = more likely to attempt/think about suicide.
>>
>>8315518
>It's still the same level of bad.

'Halved' is not 'the same level'.
It's still bad, but 41% is just cartoonish.

These statistics also don't account for the motivation behind the attempt, and progress of transition during the attempt. Trans people are more prone to homelessness, drug abuse, sexual and physical violence, etc. All of these things in turn make one more prone to suicide.
Attempting suicide because you got raped and also happen to be a closet tranny does not make you a tranny suicide statistic, it makes you a rape suicide statistic. The fact that you were in a position to be raped in the first place (eg passed out with unsavoury people as a result of a drug habit formed to cope with dysphoria) might be a tranny statistic.

If you take a 'clean' population of trans people whose predisposition for suicide mimics that of the general population as far as everything but being trans, would the suicide attempt rate be greater than that of the general population solely due to trans factors? Yeah, most likely. But not fucking 10 times greater.
>>
>>8315864
There's evidence

http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jaac.2016.10.016

That early transitioners have similar levels of depression as their peers. With less depression I would expect suicide attempts/thoughts to be more normal. Early transitioning might be the best thing for dealing with the suicidal ideation issue.
>>
>>8315326
really the only way to pass
>>
File: trans fails.jpg (65KB, 720x1026px) Image search: [Google]
trans fails.jpg
65KB, 720x1026px
>>8312818
Your sources are all behind a paywall. Buy me the full version.

Of course if these articles do contain the evidence you claim they do. You could have combined the relevant data into a table or something, but that would require you to have read them and for them to actually support your position.
>>
>>8312735
>she
>>
>>8316027
>Ask for citations
>Get citations
>Refuse to follow them and whine about it
It is not that I thought I could convince someone who is clearly here in an attempt to peddle propaganda, but that now any onlookers will be persuaded that my position is the correct one. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to convince more people that transitioning is an effective treatment. I didn't even need to build a strawman - you willingly played the part. This is the lovely thing about /pol/ard trolling: it always ends up educating people on why their anti-trans/gay talking points bear no relation to reality.
>>
>>8312651
>murder rate is 1 in 12
no it fucking is not lmao
>>
>>8316062
Except they don't support your position.
>>
>>8316027
you cant ask someone to compile statistics on a siberian shadow puppet forum
>>
>>8316091
At this point it's clear it's more important to you to win the argument than gain any understanding about this predicament.
>>
>>8316091
Try following the links sugar.
>>
>>8316103
>pay up sugar
>>
>>8316145
Here:
>>8312813
>>8312818
>>
>>8312668
He's actually right, OP didn't mention transitioning. OP said surgery. Surgery does nothing. It's the hormones that correct the brain.
>>
>>8319290
>It's the hormones that correct the brain
Why are trannies to delusional? Have you niggers ever heard of science?
>>
>>8319605
So you mean like first hand accounts of people saying hormones make them feel better, and less depressed? ok, sounds good.
>>
>>8315224
I was thinking about this. "Trans" as a group is one where nearly none of the members WANT to be in it.

Wish we had sufficient grasp of medicine to really control or reshape a body, would love to live in a world where nobody has to be trans.
>>
>>8315326
I like living. There's video games and booze in this world.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.