[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys, normally I'm /v/ and /diy/ but I've got a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 4

File: aZBxnP6_700b.jpg (46KB, 700x595px) Image search: [Google]
aZBxnP6_700b.jpg
46KB, 700x595px
Hey guys, normally I'm /v/ and /diy/ but I've got a serious question. Pic unrelated.

I'm a 34-year-old dad of 2 kids, a 13 year old boy and a 7 year old girl.

Recently my son, whom I previously taught how to shave his face, started (without any mention, I just noticed it) shaving his legs. I asked him about it, and something I should maintain is that his mother and I have tried to be a very open-to-life household. I definitely can't say I didn't find it strange, but I wasn't going to demand he do something unimportant with his own body.

He told me that it's becoming fashionable among boys his age to shave their legs and underarms (he showed us his as well). Apparently "the girls prefer it" and "none of the guys even like being so hairy"

When I was growing up body hair was a sign that you were finally becoming a man, I guess I just find it odd that such a previously-mainline thought process has gone by the wayside?

I'm not gonna pressure my son into letting his hair grow. I'll support him shaving for as long as he wants. I just need some advice - is this something that is healthy for us to allow? Is this something common (We're in NoCal)? And, stereotypical as it may sound, could my son be using this as a channel for being gay or transgendered? (Again, i am from a totally different time it seems like, don't take my question as being malicious)

Thanks!
>>
>>8260452
And FYI I posted it here because of the possible LGBT+ angle.

Like I said, I know it's not like shaving preferences determine your identity, but back in my day this definitely would've been considered "gay"
>>
Have you actually seen any other boys in his peer group who appear to have shaved their legs or armpits? If other people are actually doing it, then it seems like it's probably no big deal.

(Of course it might still be no big deal even if he's exaggerating or lying about the others doing it; it's just hair.)
>>
Turn him into a pair of leather boots.
>>
>>8260487
I have, actually. This all transpired about a week ago and since then I've seen him and his friends quite a bit. It's definitely a trend.

My wife, perpetually unable to keep anything to herself, asked one of the other boys moms about it. This boys mom, who we'll call Karen, says that both her sons (13, my son's friend, and his older brother 16) both shave. Apparently there's a half/half split in the high school between guys who do and guys who don't, but the whole phenomenon began in the HS and managed to drift into the Middle.

So I guess it may seem superficially obvious, but I just want to be open to every angle.
>>
>>8260452
Kids are stupid as fuck.
Let him be dumb for a while.

Probs not gay or trans if the other males his age are actually doing it as well.

Better call his classmates' parents and ask them for pictures of their child's legs and underarms. To confirm if your son is a faggot/tranny or not.
>>
>>8260543
Lol yes, excellent plan.

In all honesty I just find it bewildering. Of course, my parents found my generation to be bewildering. Shit comes in cycles.
>>
>>8260452
Might be nothing. Might be something. I'm trans and shaved my body with the defense of "girls like it better no one wants to be hairy" in HS, but I wouldn't call it a clear sign of transness. Your son is definitely more likely to be trans than a boy who openly embraces his body hair, but still probably isn't trans. Just don't give a fuck about it.
>>
>>8260452
What a bizarre trend. At my school people used to make fun of guys that shaved everything off.
>>
>>8260452
You're son's a little faggot, beat the tranny out of him.
>>
Maybe emo is making a comeback
>>
>>8260452
Yes it's normal for males to shave their legs these days.
Body hair is gross.
Your son is just super trendy.
This man is straight, he's just stylish.
>>
OP you need to make it very clear that if your son wants to be a girl you totally support him and live him etc. You can even ask him, it's okay he won't be traumatized if he isn't trans.

But for the love of God don't let him repress it, otherwise if he really is trans he will either end up killing himself or transitioning later and most likely not even looking like a female and wasting his young years living a lie and unhappy and regretting he wasn't able to be a teen girl etc.

Yes I'm bitter and I hope your son isn't trans, because it's a hard life to do it alone and without the love and support from your parents.
>>
>>8260452
Lol damn hairy at 13 already?? What the fuck
>>
>>8260452
No, that is certainly not something healthy for you to allow. Enroll him in a masculine sport such as football, and take him hunting/fishing. Ensure that his hair is always cropped short, and instruct your wife to keep a close eye on her clothing. Perhaps it would also be a good idea to seek counsel from your local clergyman.
Make sure that he knows his role, and that some day he is to father your grandchildren. Good luck and God Bless.
>>
>>8261134
>Enroll him in a masculine sport such as football, and take him hunting/fishing.

We go fishing all the time. Along with sport shooting it's our favorite pastime. He also does play football, and baseball.. It's his teammates and other friends that are all doing this.
>>
>>8261123
I haven't made this abundantly and explicitly clear, but he was never raised with any anti-LGBT prejudice. On the contrary, we live in a fairly liberal area and have a very diverse range of family friends.

That being said, I'll mention it to him at some point. He's never shown any overtly feminine interests or characteristics, save for a general feminity that seems somewhat prevalent among younger boys these days (according to his doctor it's a legitimate medical phenomena). And, of course, characteristics =\= sexuality or gender.

Thank you for your input though!
>>
>>8261134
Perhaps then you should seek out alternative groups in which the other children will not be pressuring him to do these things. Move to a more conservative area if necessary, or simply make sure that he knows not to allow peer pressure to take control of him. Is he going to start smoking and drinking now because his teammates do?
>>
>>8261152
I think you and I have a different background here.

I certainly think it's odd for boys to shave their legs, but my parents thought it was odd when my friends and I grew out our hair. And their parents thought it was odd when they listened to loud, upbeat music.

Things change. Leg hair isn't the final battlefield between liberals and conservatives on gender and identity. His teammates and friends do it, I'm made to understand from my wife and her friends that other teens in the area, even the country, are doing this.

My concern, and the reason I posted here, was an initial and still-mild concern that he could be using this as an outlet for sexuality that he doesn't feel comfortable expressing. I don't want him to ever feel uncomfortable discussing something with me, but I also don't want him to feel uncomfortable for following a popular cosmetic trend that has zero bearing on his mental well being.

I mean holy cow, I had a Zappa goatee, the wafting smell of patchouli, and hair to my chest when I was 18. I don't have the slightest room to comment.
>>
>>8261164
I think you need to realize that this isn't a healthy thing to encourage in you're son
>>
>>8261177
Yes, make sure to beat him as soon as he does anything that goes against your personal beliefs.

He will turn up to be a fine adult.
>>
>>8261134
t. jealous hon
>>
>>8261164
How would to feel if you son wanted to become a girl? Would you support and encourage them or sent them to Mike Pence's conversion therapy summer camp?

I'm a transwoman and about your age so i know how things were alot different when we went to school. If you were a boy and feminine you got beat up and teased. I used to shave my legs and body hair alot during the winter when we wore pants and for gym class I changed into sweat pants in a stall before anyone even got there so nobody knew. I guess if this is a trend then those who are trans or gay and want their legs shaved won't have a problem anymore lol.
>>
>>8261177
Why? What is the discernable difference between this and any of the examples I gave?
>>
>>8261187
It'd certainly be a shock, but I'd love and support him no matter what. :)
>>
>>8260452
I'm 22 and this trend already seems dumb as fuck to me but like whatever, middle school kids are dumb. I think you should encourage him to feel okay about not following weird trends to fit in if it isn't true to himself. I think it's a great idea to make him aware that you're okay with him making decisions about his body or expressing his sexuality or gender in ways that might seem unconventional. I know people are figuring themselves out at that age and sometimes it can be scary if you don't know who will support you. Good on you for valuing your children desu
>>
So I'm not OP's age group, but I figured I'd come in here to comment that my boyfriend shaves. He's bisexual, but he's talked about how he hates the feeling of his own hair on his body, and this is actually something I've heard from multiple people? From my own dad, I actually heard when he was younger he would shave so that his body hair would grow back thicker (he had a baby face and wanted to do everything he could to look masculine). I think all the points have been made in here, but I figured that was worth contributing. Bisexual men have a different niche culture (as a bisexual male myself) than gay men, though, as has been stated in here, shaving your legs is very much so associated with a gay male thing as well as mtf early stuff.

I suppose the main point I wanted to make though? My boyfriend was very insecure about me finding out he shaved, and ffs he's literally dating a guy. Even if it is common for his age group, perhaps be mindful about older family members or people in general ragging on your son at family gatherings or something. My boyfriend has said this was something he constantly hid with his own family. So even if there's literally nothing LGBT about this, he may get harassed from a masculinity PoV. Just something to keep in mind.
>>
>>8260986
please god this
>>
>>8261027
I have to agree with anon here. As time goes forward, new interests come. I like hairy man, but that's me. It might be a phase. No need to worry about that. I strongly advise you what other things teens are doing now. The blue whale thing and others.
>>
>>8261151
>He's never shown any overtly feminine interests or characteristics,
That's normal for certain trans girls. While it could be simply culture nowadays if other boys are doing it, not being effeminate as a child doesn't mean they aren't trans.
>>
>>8260452
>OP is 34 with a 13 yo kid
>he had a kid at 21
I was a kid at 21...
>>
>>8261151
I was raised in a fairly liberal area without any anti-lgbt undertones but I still stayed in the closet and repressed through my teenage years.

Just make sure your kid knows without a doubt it's okay either way
>>
Back in the dark ages when I was in high school, athletes used to shave their legs/body. Swimmers always shaved their entire body and football players shaved their legs since they were doing a lot of taping.

No one looked at that as gay but remember it was a different time back then. But not so different that kids didn't get beaten up for being "faggots". But no one viewed shaving as gay.
>>
>>8260452
As long as he doesn't overdo it he is gonna be fine OP, also i've noticed this trend as well. Must have something to do with the mainstream depiction of boybands.
>>
>>8261404
Hahaha, I actually started a family early because I was lucky enough to get an apprenticeship at 17 and meet the girl of my dreams at 19 while she was in nursing school.

Between plumbing and nursing we were bringing in enough to really make a good life for a family, so we decided to do it very early.
>>
>>8264244
It's so weird how common plumbing - nurse couples are. My mom and dad are a plumber/nurse, one of my friends is a plumber and just married a nurse, and my friend also works with another plumber who married a nurse.
>>
>>8260452
Straight trans girls (HSTS) act very girly as children and are the type who call themselves girls from the start. They fit in as girls better.

Lesbian trans girls (AGP) act like normal boys and normally develop the desire to be female during puberty. They may like crossdressing.

If your 13 year old is trans she's the second type.
>>
Thank you all for the advice! I really do appreciate it. Today we had a PTA meeting and I had the chance to approach the MS Counselor and ask her about the issue. She says that it's indicative of a social rebellion, in contrast to individual rebellion common in teens, akin to (as I thought) the stuff considered "strange" by parents in previous generations.

She explained that a lot of contemporary research says that as many as half of younger guys are cosmetically shaving in previously non-traditional ways but that it's purely cosmetic and shouldn't be an indicator of anything sexual.

She did, funny enough, ask me very hush-hush if I had had "the talk" with him. We actually both got a chuckle out of that one, but she did explain that it's also popular to do some below-the-belt manscaping and that I definitely need to talk to my son about that. She, of course, said I should discourage it at this age but as I've said previously I am okay with him doing anything cosmetic as long as it's temporary.

So I'm not exactly sure how to bring up the topic of manscaping with my teenage son but I'll find a way, hahaha! Thanks for the advice, though, even if it wasn't exactly /LGBT/ material.
>>
>>8264282
>She, of course, said I should discourage it at this age
uh why?
>>
>>8264313
Probably some combination of personal opinion and her being a middle school guidance counselor.

They formally teach AO Sex Ed, so it's no surprise that she might have to formally discourage something like manscaping.

It's silly but I understand the constraints on her.
>>
>>8260452
Nice meme dude
>>
>>8264353
You let these people teach your kids?
>>
>>8264434
>>
File: moc.jpg (319KB, 1632x920px) Image search: [Google]
moc.jpg
319KB, 1632x920px
do you like my moc?
>>
>>8260452
>Is this something common (We're in NoCal)
lol
>>
>>8260452 about, sounds like he just wants to be cool
>>
File: azA7mwz_700b.jpg (11KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
azA7mwz_700b.jpg
11KB, 225x225px
>>8260452
Get out.
>>
Ok well first off you guys sound like incredible amazing parents. Like they said kids are dum let them be dum. If you taught them well they will learn from every mistake big and small. That being said I used to shave my legs just because I was a weird kid and liked feeling smooth . I also played sports and one day I tore my ankle up sliding into 2nd base . the coach and another day took my right cleat off to check to see if it was swollen or not .. To my horror they discovered my pink and green and blue and red toe nails .. Also my smooth legs ... I was so embarrassed but I was twelve . my sister and I colored each others nails the night before . there was nothing gay about it just being a dum kid ....I'm gay now but I don't shave my legs or color my nails still... The only thing that will turn kids gay is probably mdma and lsd or meth so keep your kid off drugs but everything els . so what . and btw you know when you shave it grows back thicker so dudes gonna be hairy as fuck at 18 lol
>>
>>8261134
This works too if you want to push him away . or throw a bottle of rum at him and say only fags shave there legs boy... God bless . btw your son is still gay but now he hates himself because he was taught at an early age that daddy hates fags . god cries when he thinks about men .. And he will have sex with guys still but be super flakey and never call me back more than 2 times a year ...remember kids your only right if you're doing what I want for you witch is to be just like me .. I've banged guys like that oh yes they are gay but because they have that stigma of disapproval from god or parents they are so unhappy its sad .. And really creepy too like those bullies that call you a fag and beat you up and years later come to your house and talk about their childhood and try to touch you ... Yea. Treat your kid like it's wrong to be happy as themselves. Can fuck them up big time .... God bless yourself
>>
First they start shaving then they sneak into daddy's bed to suck him off.
Happens all the time. So be prepared.
>>
>>8260452
Well, there's nothing wrong with shaving armpits.
I find strange girls liking guys with shaved legs.
Still, shaving the beard was a sign of symbolic castration 500 years ago in Russia.
>>
>>8260452
>some kids start growing leg hair
>one of the popular kids doesn't
>he subtly makes fun of it
That's all it takes for something like this to happen. They're just 13, don't think too much into it.
>>
>>8260452
>whom I previously taught how to shave his face
This is where you fucked up. A man without facial hair is not a man.

>We're in NoCal
This is where you fucked up again.

The devil is in the details, anon. The boy is a goner, but good luck with the girl.
>>
>>8272974
Wow, seek help.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.