[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is there any point in calling yourself trans when you look like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: shrugging anime girl.jpg (33KB, 500x382px) Image search: [Google]
shrugging anime girl.jpg
33KB, 500x382px
is there any point in calling yourself trans when you look like a man? My boobs are non-existent, face is that of a feminine man and body of a virile man despite years on HRT so why fight it.
>>
File: 1483161261315.png (67KB, 220x225px) Image search: [Google]
1483161261315.png
67KB, 220x225px
>>8259915
Well let me ask you this OP:

Do you think Gary Oak would just give up on his dream like that?

Becoming a Pokemon master probably seemed impossible at first too.
>>
>>8261359
Gary Oak had confidence in himself though.
>>
File: IMG_0506.jpg (45KB, 425x282px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0506.jpg
45KB, 425x282px
Obviously not everybody is going to feel like I did, and your comfort should be the top priority for your gender situation, but I reached a point where it made me very sad to not identify as female just to go along with everyone assuming I was male.
I'd prefer to just pass ofc but usually asking people to address me as female makes me feel better. Especially my friends and family.
>>
>>8261370
If you have to ask to be called female, you're not being treated female.
>>
>>8259915
If you don't see the point, then why did you transition?
>>
>>8261400
t. hsts

>what is physical dysphoria
>>
File: 1465591512334.jpg (70KB, 375x312px) Image search: [Google]
1465591512334.jpg
70KB, 375x312px
>>8261402
>t. hsts

the blanchard meme needs to die already, it has gotten to be even worse than the straight man poo
>>
>>8261411
It really has. I wish that grinch bastard would just shit up all the blanchard threads.
>>
>>8261411
>blanchard
>meme
>>
>>8261402
why the hell did i ever think describing the two types as physical vs social would be a good idea
>>
>>8261431
you say why >>8261400 is agp then.
>>
>>8261402
>>8261434
I'm seriously confused at both of those responses, lol. I just asked why you would bother to do something as tiring and difficult as transitioning if you don't see the point in the social aspects of it. It was mostly meant to get OP to find the answers within themselves, though.

As for it being merely because of physical dysphoria, wouldn't it be an obvious mistake to transition just because of that? If you want a female body but want to socialize like a man, then there's no way I can take you seriously. Physical dysphoria is definitely a factor, but who in their right mind would transition if they don't experience any social dysphoria whatsoever?

t. someone who is both HSTS, AGP, and more.
>>
>>8261564
That goes the other way too, who would transition if they just want to socialize like a woman and don't care about being female physically?
>>
>>8261586
Yeah, exactly. That's why I think the Blanchard theory is inaccurate. True transsexuals experience dysphoria in both ways; it just doesn't make sense to transition if you just want to socialize in a femine manner but are happy about your body, and it doesn't make sense either to transition if you're happy about socializing in a masculine manner, but just want a female body. I don't believe HSTS or AGP should transition because they aren't actually transsexuals; they're just gays and fetishists respectively. Transitioning is only really worth it if it helps lessen physical AND social dysphoria, instead of fixing one while messing up the other.
>>
>>8261389
I understand that, but OP asked what the point of being openly trans even was if you can't pass, and I said that it makes me feel a little better than just accepting the labels I'm given based on the way I look.
If that's not enough for you, that's okay.
>>
>>8261605
>I think the Blanchard theory is inaccurate
Yes absolutely, most medical professionals working with trans people think the same.

>I don't believe HSTS or AGP should transition
Dude, that's Blanchardianism. You don't seem to understand just how inaccurate his theory is. The AGP and HSTS typologies are just a bunch of headshrink psychobabble with zero real science behind it.
>>
>>8261716
Sorry, my phrasing probably made it unclear. I just meant to emphasize that just like you said, "HSTS" and "AGP" are just nonexistent, nonsensical stereotypes and that trans people aren't actually like that in real life. I'm rather tired atm, just going to sleep now.
>>
>>8261605
Blanchard doesn't say both types don't experience both kinds of dysphoria.
>>
>>8261359
He did give up his dream though. He wanted to be a pokemon master, the greatest of them all, and instead he settled for being a boring pokemon researcher like his grandfather.

If anything Gary Oak is the perfect example of the twinkhon dillema. Believing that you're better than all the others (hons) only for reality to hit you in the face and make you accept that you're never going to fully achieve your dreams, and that you'll have to settle if you want to be seen as a normal functioning individual.
>>
>>8261370
Are you me?
>>
>>8264386
>If anything Gary Oak is the perfect example of the twinkhon dillema. Believing that you're better than all the others (hons) only for reality to hit you in the face and make you accept that you're never going to fully achieve your dreams, and that you'll have to settle if you want to be seen as a normal functioning individual.
Wow, deep tbqh funpapa
>>
File: disgust.jpg (22KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
disgust.jpg
22KB, 480x270px
>>8261370
I'd HONestly prefer just going along with everyone assuming I am male WHILE taking hormones than being hugboxed 24/7 or told how "brave" I am for "coming out my shell, hun!!"

Even my family agrees with me that going fulltime while not being able to pull it off would be a complete disaster. Only friends and my hugboxing hon support group constantly pushes me to socially transition even though I look like shit and my body looks like shit as well.
>>
>>8264755
I'm sorry you feel this pressure to do something you find so embarassing
>>
>>8264386
I FAILED IT WAS ALL A LIE

I'M JUST DOING THIS TO HIDE FROM MY FAILURES
>>
>>8264846
It wouldn't be so embarrassing if I actually looked like a woman tbqh.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.