[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i have a psychiatrist appointment tomorrow morning, it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: scared.jpg (120KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
scared.jpg
120KB, 1280x800px
i have a psychiatrist appointment tomorrow morning, it's my first one. i really want to try and come out to them, but i'm terrified. it would be my first time talking about being trans ever in person and not through text.

i've been self medding for coming on 8 months now and haven't really seen any progress, i haven't gotten any tests so i feel like i'm probably doing this wrong.

my hope is i can get proper help with my transition, and also more mentally prepare myself for coming out to my family.

any advice? i feel sick inside i'm so nervous.
>>
>>8258609
I remember I was scared but I talked to my family doctor and now I'm on hormones.
>>
>>8258609
Let us know how it went. It took me a few visits with my first counselor before I was comfortable enough to tell her about the dysphoria.
>>
>>8258609
I just had my first appointment too
it was very scary and I don't think we got anywhere
I hope it will become more comfortable as I talk more
>>
>>8258609
Psychiatrists won't help you. They are literally pill poppers who analyse what you've told them and label you with a condition from a book.
They then put you on lobotomising meds to keep you under control.
I'd recommend seeing a therapist instead as they listen to you and work through different talking therapies so you can better understand what's going on in your head.
I'm not trans so idk how it relates to that, but if you're going to a psychiatrist for help with what's in your head they won't give it to you.
>>
>>8262045
If anon is telling their psych that they have dysphoria, the pills they're gonna get prescribed are hormones, they will get referred to an endocrinologist to monitor blood work as well. Therapists can't do shit medically speaking for trans people because they aren't real doctors, though they can certainly help you come to terms with being trans if you need that.
>>
>>8262331
My GP doesn't think I'm trans I don't think because I don't come into the office in a miniskirt asking to be called Stacy. The therapist he sent me to was a wash. After 8 sessions wants to pull out the DSM I read the list off from memory. Lobotomizing drugs is right. I just want to try hormones and not feel bad about it but because it's my idea they don't want me to have it.
>>
>>8262620
And people still pretend even on this board that the "professionals" know the first thing about what they talk about.
>>
>>8261895
well, it happened. i was shaking so bad and could barely speak, ended up just writing "i'm transgender" on a piece of paper then trying my best to answer his questions.

he stopped a few times to get me to take deep breaths because of how hard i was shaking.

he's going to contact my family doctor about getting me on hormones legit.

it went as well as it could but god it just feels so overwhelming and surreal.
>>
>>8263679
>seeing a psychiatrist for six months
>mention dysphoria every week
>he never said the word "hormone" even once

what the fuck
>>
>>8263792
See >>8262683
>>
>>8263792
Sounds like you need a new shrink.
>>
>>8263679
I'm glad it went well and that you got a psychiatrist who was willing to help so quickly. I hope your doctor will be helpful too.
>>
>>8263679
Well that's great good luck with everything anon.
>>
>>8263792
Selfmed
Seriously in some countries it's the only way to make progress. Everyone either hates us or doesn't take us seriously. I almost regret not seld-medding before seeing a psych.
>>
>>8263792
i'm already selfmedding, so when i brought that up he immediately wanted me to get my doctor to do it legit.

you can't be gatekept if they know you're going to do it on your own otherwise.
>>
>>8263879
>>8263932
also thank you, i hope this starts turning things around. transition so far has felt like it has had no progress.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.