[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does reading gay comics/media affect/influence my sexuality or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: LinkdeniesDaisy_9381[1].png (159KB, 314x334px) Image search: [Google]
LinkdeniesDaisy_9381[1].png
159KB, 314x334px
I'm a 23yo male, and i had very few relationships, like 4 or 5 at max, and i have always been a confident person, knowing what i want from life and not giving a fuck about what others think about me, but caring a lot for other people instead.
I know this sounds retarded, but it's a serious doubt i still have about my identity.

I really, really enjoy reading gay comics, be they eastern or western drawn style. They mainly turn me on mentally, then the drawn artstyle really gets to me and i get hard as diamonds.

In real life i very rarely like guys though, especially if they are masculine or hairy. However, if the boy is feminine and gives me "fuzzy feelings" (be it for their mannerisms, posture or personality) i get turned on both by mind and dick, i'd say 80% mind and 20% dick.

Now, with females it's 90% dick and 10% mind, i love their bodies, but i can't bring myself to feel that "i want to share my life/passions/feelings with this person" vibe that i get with boys. This is an issue for me, as i'd love to feel this way about a girl, but for now i haven't found a single one able to make me feel like that, and here i wonder if it's my mind that's fucked up or what.

TL;DR am i romanticizing fictional gay relationships too much and not living in the real world? Is it distorting my views on real life relationships, both gay and hetero? Or are they separate fields and as such should be kept separate?
>>
>>8257204
it may effect the expression there of, but not your base sexuality.
>>
>>8257204
>TL;DR am i romanticizing fictional gay relationships too much and not living in the real world?
Yes
being gay is nothing, and i mean NOTHING, like whatever comics you've been reading. it's hell on earth
>>
>>8257475
>it's hell on earth

depends on where you live actually
>>
>>8257204
Anime does turn any living thing it touches autistic but I doubt there's currently any form of media that can turn someone gay
>>
>>8257494
>hasn't seen SeanCody videos
>>
>>8257456
>>8257494
I feel this is right too, but then why the fuck do i have so many doubts?
I mean, i don't consider myself unintelligent, and i'm honest with myself, so i would have no problems admitting that i'm bi or whatever.

It's like i want to keep clinging on this "fantasy version" of relationships and not convince myself that they are fiction and nothing like the real world has to offer (at least 99% of the time).
For this reason i don't know if i should stop reading the shit i read to get rid of it or to accept that this and reality are two separate things entirely. If i try to deprive myself of this hobby of mine i feel a sense of loss, but at the same time i'm afraid i'm only feeding my warped view of gay relationships.
>>8257475
I don't doubt it at all, but yet i had a "fuzzy feeling" date with a twink (hence my example in the OP) 3 months ago and, while it really helped me open my eyes on reality (and thus beginning this self-doubting trend) it also didn't discredit my fairy-tale vision completely.
>>
>very few relationships
>like 4 or 5 max
What did zie mean by this
>>
>>8257540

It means not everyone here is on the spectrum and is capable of meeting and dating people
>>
>>8257553
4 or 5 is not "very few" in any way
>>
>>8257556

Idk man, I was in my 5th relationship by the time I was a sophomore in highschool. Granted it was teenager bullshit but I was making out and using my hands so that counts right
>>
>>8257570
High school "relationships" do not count

Having had 4 relationships at the age of 23 is the opposite of having had very few relationships
>>
>>8257540
>>8257553
>>8257556
>>8257570
>>8257597
Well by this criteria i had 2 then.
By the way, any advice about what i ask in >>8257532. I really don't want to go cold turkey on a harmless and enjoyable hobby of mine, but if it's responsible for all this mindfuckery then it might not be so healthy.
>>
File: 1459592283453.jpg (30KB, 514x578px) Image search: [Google]
1459592283453.jpg
30KB, 514x578px
>>8257204
>i had very few relationships
>like 4 or 5 at max
>>
File: 1490643317049.jpg (123KB, 455x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1490643317049.jpg
123KB, 455x1080px
>>8257629
Keep reading, dude. Here are some words of wisdom for you.

>"The writer is the engineer of the human soul."
>Joseph Vissarionovich Stalin, 1878-1953

>"Books are finite, sexual encounters are finite, but the desire to read and to fuck is infinite; it surpasses our own deaths, our fears, our hopes for peace."
>Roberto BolaƱo, 1953-2003
>>
>>8257639
That last quote is fucking great, i have to write it down somewhere (and google who the fuck Roberto Bolano is).
And maybe you are right, the solution is not to deprive myself to avoid "temptation", maybe it's to just accept that it's just fiction, and it's better that way.

I also had this problem with books and movies, when i'd feel scared to watch a new movie or read an emotional book because i was afraid i'd then get too stuck inside of it.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.