[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why do people who have never talked to gender therapists or people

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

File: 1494144990407.jpg (29KB, 506x315px) Image search: [Google]
1494144990407.jpg
29KB, 506x315px
why do people who have never talked to gender therapists or people involved in treating transsexualism always assume 'the medical institute' has 'progressed past' blanchardianism and believe as a unified whole that innate gender identity is the cause of gender dysphoria?
pic unrelated
>>
>Treating transsexualism always assume 'the medical institute' has 'progressed past' blanchardianism
It has in the west. Neither WPATH's SoC nor the DSM-5 make use of the typology as part of their diagnostic process, nor the treatment they offer. If you look at what the west does in practice you can't conclude otherwise even if you ignore what both APA and WPATH stated.

>Believe as a unified whole that innate gender identity is the cause of gender dysphoria?
Look at the language used in treatment documents. The belief is not universal but is overwhelmingly more common.

If you want to believe in the unproven theories of a maverick be my guest but the FACT is that he is a maverick at this point.
>>
>>8243667
for what it's worth, when i (as opposed to the anon who reposted it) posted this for the first time, the significant part was not the 'blanchardianism' one but the 'innate gender identity' one
the majority of gender therapists outside of especially liberal areas, when you talk to them on this topic in a context where they will not be judged on it and especially if they've been in the field for longer than a couple years, believe transsexualism is not caused by 'innate gender identity' in the way discussed by the trans community and usually have beliefs that would be rounded to blanchardianism by most trans people (even when they are not specifically the typology)
>>
>>8243663
Why do you assume that the reason everyone looks down on the Christianity-ness of gender therapists is because they've either met them or not, and that it doesn't have to do with the worthlessness of the beliefs of Christian doctors on a fundamental level?
>>
>The thread has been undeleted
WHAT SORCERY IS THIS!?

>>8243682
You have to admit this argument is fairly anecdotal considering the state on the ground. Furthermore "rounding" opinions to Blanchardianism is a bit eh. I don't want to kick you when you're down but this being the consensus is a fairly uncontroversial claim.
>>
>>8243682
What are their beliefs?
>>
>>8243706
>Furthermore "rounding" opinions to Blanchardianism is a bit eh
i'm not saying i'm the one doing the rounding, i'm saying the gender identity crew would be
>>8243712
that gender dysphoria has multiple etiologies, many of which are sexual or at least tied up with sexuality, and that the demographics of people with sexual vs nonsexual etiologies has some resemblance to those used by blanchard -- often with sexual orientation used to differentiate between different groups of trans people (but not necessarily along paraphilic lines)
>>
>>8243716
What are the different etiologies they believe in?
>>
>>8243663
Ive talked to gender therapists and people involved with treating transness and they have moved beyond it. The ones that still push this nonsense are all outliers.
>>
>>8243663
>'the medical institute' has 'progressed past' blanchardianism
No, Blanchardianism is simply the latest headshrink psychobabble to come from Western medical institution concerning trannies.

If you want my advice, it would be to never pay attention to psychologists if you can help it.
>>
>>8243716
Wow, gender is tied up with sexuality
Wow, lesbians have masculine brains and are going to act different when they're born as men than straight girls

Most therapists don't go beyond this. The vast majority of lesbian MtFs do not report a sexual motivation for transitioning, they do not report falling in love with or getting into a relationship with a female self, that shit is bonkers.

Trent, I'm going to delicately suggest your obsession with this theory is rooted in you being autism, my man
>>
>>8243663
I would pull the lever :~D
>>
>>8244016
If they don't report sexual motivation for transitioning, something something lying something something can tell they really are something something the fetish shows itself in other ways than arousal by transition.

It's pretty bonkers. No matter what, it's claimed to be down to sexual things.
>>
>>8244080
It also completely ignores the fact that early transitioning transbians act much differently than mid transitioners, which act much differently than late transitioners; the younger you get a transbian brain away from test the more cis they act
>>
blanchard was a hack, but it's unfortunate that in rejecting his theories, people also tend to reject autogynephilia as a concept altogether, which is nuts. i don't know how anyone can claim that there are no people that transition because they're autogynephiles that go too far in trying to fulfill their fantasies. i'm also not the kind of person that thinks that picturing yourself as a woman during masturbation or sex invalidates yourself being trans, but it's kind of frightening to see people on here who only want to be a woman when they're masturbating being told that they should transition, since it's ~transphobic blanchardian nonsense~ to tell someone they just have a fetish and that they shouldn't let it fuel any major lifestyle changes.
>>
>>8244224
No issue with the concept of fetishists existing.

But when the claims start flying about how all non-heterosexual trans people are actually fetishists, etc., it's just absurd.
>>
>>8244027
Statist.
>>
>>8244016
>they do not report falling in love with or getting into a relationship with a female self,
What about the ones who do?
>>
>>8244291
Then maybe it's real for them, I'm not saying there are zero fetishists among trannies
>>
>>8244303
Falling in love with your female self is a fetish now?
>>
>>8244224
I mostly agree with you but you should note that this fetish is super common among repressed transsexuals for some reason.
>>
>>8244281
Private property is a statist viewpoint me boi. The world isn't for ownership.
>>
>>8244316
Most trannies don't fall in love with themself they just dont like being a man, stop distracting from that

If some do great for them
>>
>>8244589
This. I think it's easy for people to inturpret Trans being happy and exited about their body looking how they feel, with them "being in love with themselves".
>>
>>8244608
I think the blanchardians stance is you fall in love with the concept of a female you, which doesn't speak to most of us we just don't want to be a manbody
>>
File: interesting.jpg (64KB, 500x485px) Image search: [Google]
interesting.jpg
64KB, 500x485px
>>8243706
>WHAT SORCERY IS THIS!?

He waited until I was asleep to post it again.
>>
>>8243667
You do realize activists shilled the committees to no end so they're basically detached from science at this point and just do whatever activists want them to?
>>
>>8245410
Anti-trans activists are more numerous and more powerful. This line of thinking doesn't hold under examination, and is essentially an excuse people use to ignore the professional consensus.
>>
>>8245803
Yet LGBT lobbying still got homosexuality removed from the lists of mental disorders...
>>
>>8243682
That would explain the way my endocrinologist talked to me.
>>
>>8246320
A minority can't force an opinion on the majority when the majority holds all of the power AND the anti-trans lobbyists are better funded, more influential and more numerous. You're using the fact that these organizations don't believe what you'd like them to believe as evidence that they were coerced into not believing those things because obviously they can't *actually* support what they support for a valid reason.
>>
>>8248941
But it's not a majority vs minority. There are people on the fence who need convicing to go to either side.
>>
>>8244924
no i didn't, an anon reposted it
i didn't want to repost it and am trying to ignore most of the posts to avoid the thread devolving into me yelling at wrong people
>>
>>8246526 #
This is what makes it so hard to trust therapists and believe they're being honest about anything.

It makes sense if there isn't inate identities as much as pain/dysmorphia being drivers, but if they think of their patients as men, then why do they demand people do things like socially transition?

Why would they demand people quit boymode or else they'll take away help their patients need if everyone is really just a man and it's pointless? It's all a lie

They can't even keep their logic straight. They don't act like doctors. They're probably in this just to abuse people who are in bad situations.
>>
>>8243663
i pull the lever because im not no bootlicking cuck
>>
>>8249022
That why you self med. Fuck most doctors, like seriously.
>>
>>8248970
>But it's not a majority vs minority
How so?

>There are people on the fence who need convicing to go to either side.
So your argument is that they were.. convinced? I mean, cool, but that's how anyone who interacts with people comes to conclusions. A combination of data and debate. There is no reason to think that the entire mainstream scientific community was tricked and or bribed by these cunning legbutt devils.

>>8249015
>dysmorphia
does not react to modifying the patient's body to be more like they'd like it to be. Dysphoria does.
>>
>>8249033
Well it's just a special kind that does respond to such
>>8249032
The worst part is that they're taking precious money that could be used for much more useful stuff that could fix dysphoria.
>>
>>8249049
>Well it's just a special kind that does respond to such
In the same sense that a cat is a special dog.
>>
>>8244144
Yep i'm living it right now as a non transitioner. Scary stuff desu but I have to keep going.
>>
>>8248972
>>8243721
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.