[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's /lgbt/'s views on speech impediments, such as

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: if he can do it then so can you.gif (27KB, 364x420px) Image search: [Google]
if he can do it then so can you.gif
27KB, 364x420px
What's /lgbt/'s views on speech impediments, such as whotacisms, lithps, and st-stuttering?
>>
One of my best friends stutters when he gets excited. He used to do it a lot more when we were younger. I mean, I don't dislike it, but I'm not exactly attracted to it either.
>>
Fucking cute honestly
>>
>>8241915
What about whotacisms, specifically?
Asking for a friend.
>>8241906
It is what it is, to you, then?
>>
>>8241875

I have a friend who slips in and out of lisping. One day he's full on WHAM! "I can't believe it's not Giorgio!" to "hey dude, how's i hanging?"

Asked him whats up with it and he said "Ah, I slip in and out of hetero voice."

wat.
>>
>>8241875

>whotacisms

What is that?
>>
>>8241923
omg you even spell it funny

I had a weird attraction to it not really sure why. I had a lisp thing when I was kid but it got corrected with therapy and classes. I said grass glass and girls grills.

There's something endearing about it ya know?

w-why what does your friend sound like
>>
>>8241959
I think its meant to be rhotacism
>>
>>8241973

That makes sense. I was starting to think it was the way Hank Hill pronounces words that start with "wh."
>>
>>8241953
Weird, I've heard of people growing out of them but not slipping in n out
I mean I kinda do that if Im drunk or excited or exhausted but still, weird I guess
>>8241959
It's when someone cant weally pwonounce theah awhs all that well.
I was trying to be clever.
>>8241966
I mean, I speak it funny so it only makes sense that I spell it silly.

Ohk, story time.
My daddio had the same thing as I do currently, I pwonounce artist as autist, and please don't get me started with 'brewery', that being said my father grew out of it by the time he was in college. So they didn't give me any speech lessons..
Well guess who is in college and who hasn't grown out of it? Haha..

I guess so?

Well uh.. my friend is me 'cause it's good to be one's own friend, right?

More story time. I have a friend, Jack, who stutters, so we like to call ourselves the speech impediment buddies.
He says, "We're speech impediment buddies, r-r-right, anon?"
And ofc I respond "Wight, Jack!"
>>
>>8241973
I just got your tripcode
I thought it was some random string to make you unique, but no I am just dumb .-.
>>
>>8241992
>brewery
wew never thought of that word that sounds adorable.

You don't seem to embarrassed by it thats good. I don't think they're anything to be ashamed of honestly.

I just don't understand how some gay people develop a lisp with age. I dated a girl for a bit who purposely tried to talk like that though. It happened to me though I guess just from hanging around people who sounded like that.
>>
>>8242006
YeAh IT's KiNdA HaRd
>>
>>8242015
>sounds adorable
It's fine, it's not like I got any ego left, anyways.
My friends love to tease me about that word, that and 'railroads' and 'rainbows'

Well that's where you're wrong! I pretend not to care, but jokes on them! It eats me up at nights!!

I don't get anyone who actively try to have something wrong with their voice.

Tell me about it, tripcodes are difficult sometimes. I think this is my favorite trip but then again I don't know cause I am bad at naming files.
Who knooooows
>>
>>8242033
Must have took forever to get that trip. Mine was like 30 seconds in tripcode explorer

>It eats me up at nights!!
I'd tell you not to worry about it but I'm sure I'd be self conscious of it too
>>
>>8241915
Burn in hell, you dirty queer.
>>
>>8242059
Wouldn't know, I never actually found a trip myself. My friends did it for me.

>not to worry
Easier said than done :^)
>>
>>8241875

I had a female classmate who had rhotacism. I wasn't sure if she did that naturally or if she just liked to sound like a little girl. I haven't met anyone that had a lisp as far as I can recall. As for stuttering, I found myself stuttering for the first time years ago and it was so annoying. It doesn't happen all of the time, I think it's only when I get bothered.
>>
>>8241875
I understand that they can't help it and treat them just like everybody else, but sometimes I can't help but get pissed off. There's this one dude in my class who stutters, it will take him like a solid 15 straight seconds to say the word, as it increasingly gets louder and louder almost to the point of yelling. I can't stand it.
>>
>>8242114
What's yet views on em?
Positive, neutral, negative?
>>8242117
I can get that, but he is probably raising his voice because he, too, is getting frustrated at the fact that he can't pronounce that damn word
>>
I didn't know it was called rhotacism but I had that as a kid; I had trouble with r sounds and also pronouncing the g in -ing endings. For instance, I would pronounce "wrong" as "ron". I had to go to speech therapy but that didn't help because I just played Civ III the whole time. I got very self-conscious of it in middle-school when people started making fun of me for it, and fixed it for the most part. Sometimes when I am too tired or talk too fast I slip back into it but that's infrequent.
>>
>>8242125

>What's yet views on em? Positive, neutral, negative?

I'm not sure. That first girl was from middle school. The most recent classmate I had with a speech impediment was also a girl, though I thought it was something of an accent at the time. It also made her sound childish, but it was different to the first girl's. Something where she pronounced all Ts as Ds and some other quirk. I guess in general I don't really have an opinion on them, though that second girl kind of started bothering me. Maybe if she hadn't been overweight, I would have seen it as cute.

>I can get that, but he is probably raising his voice because he, too, is getting frustrated at the fact that he can't pronounce that damn word

He should probably stop and calm down so he can start over if it's to the point where he's nearly yelling.
>>
Pretty neutral/positive on them considering I used to mumble and stutter a lot as a kid, but I was never awfully anxious in my opinion, only a bit. Everyone thought I was though and it pissed me off.
Eventually grew out of it and got more confident/talkative but now that I'm more confident I talk extremely quick which also makes me to stutter because I'm talking too fast for my brain to keep up, or something like that. Really can't seem to win.
>>
>>8242200
Hah, I am always asked if I am foreign/have an accent, it's of the first questions asked of me when I first meet someone

Perhaps, perhaps.
>>
>>8241875
I have a speech impediment, and it's annoying as fuck. Nobody fucking listens and my accent isn't 100% local, so I have to keep repeating myself. As I get annoyed, I get harder to understand, so I end up just yelling short phrases at people and then they say I'm rude because they're incapable of listening.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.