[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I'm 23 and I don't think I can deal with dysphoria

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: 1493639148390.png (186KB, 401x403px) Image search: [Google]
1493639148390.png
186KB, 401x403px
So I'm 23 and I don't think I can deal with dysphoria anymore. Thing is I'm like 80% sure I'm going to be a hon. How do I deal with knowing that? Like how can I deal with knowing even if it helps me feel better everyone around me will see me as a freak? I will disappoint my family and probably lose most of my friends. I hate feeling like this and I really wish I was normal.
>>
>>8226804
before transition i could not imagine that i will be pretty - i am pretty

>>8226804 So...what do you going to do?
>>
>>8226860
I couldn't imagine being pretty I don't even think I will pass but then again I know I hate the way I look and just focus on negatives so maybe it's just that. I don't know I want to transition it's just scary and I don't even know how I will look after going through with everything.
>>
File: _20170125_184222.jpg (244KB, 1108x615px) Image search: [Google]
_20170125_184222.jpg
244KB, 1108x615px
>>8226804

Maybe my experience differs from a lot of transpeople (specifically transgirls) on this board, but having gone through "legit" channels (not to make self medders out to be "illegit") I can say that seeking out a therapist with some experience in gender concerns is a really good starting point for deciding one way or the other if transition is going to be for you.

Working through the angst of dysphoria alone is pretty unbearable, and only getting advice from and letting /lgbt/ color your worldview is a mistake.

Sure, transition is hard, and you may not be satisfied with your end result, and you'll likely face some form of prejudice eventually. But seeking out mental health professionals who interface with doctors and surgeons in the field of trans issues will provide you with a far better environment for sorting out your fears, doubts, and other hangups surrounding your trans identity. Seeing the doctors will help you settle on how far you can go in your journey; you may have health conditions that make taking medications unsafe or having surgeries outright dangerous. An older member in a support group I attend found out pretty far along their transition timeline that FFS was very unlikely because of a heart condition, and the news took a great deal out of her.

I'm 28 now, and didn't really identify what I felt until I was 22 (having no real idea what transgenderism actually was), but being in therapy and having people whose job it was to keep me grounded in reality and make sure I had correct information to make the best decisions possible for me was instrumental is getting me to where I am today.

I don't want you to think it's impossible. It's not. But don't fool yourself, either. Avoid hugboxes and seek people who support you but who won't bullshit you. Like in the rest of the world, for transpeople it's often not what you know, but who you know.
>>
>>8227145
I understand seeing doctors and therapists would probably help a lot but I already waited this long and I really don't want to wait any longer. I feel like I'm at the age where I either have to transition now or never. I know I have a few health conditions that are not exactly what you want to have when transitioning but nothing that should stop me from transitioning. I don't know I feel like my life has been at a standstill and I honestly think I need to transition to move forward even if I look like shit. It doesn't make it any easier for me it's still scary as hell and I have plenty of doubts and fears but I can honestly say I don't see myself making it to 30 as I am right now. Like I'm certain I'm trans I just have trouble taking steps to transitioning when so much could go wrong and it could all be for nothing if I end up looking like shit.
>>
>>8227459
Informed Consent clinics take a month at most to give you meds. A month is nothing. Don't listen to most people on this board. It floats with negativity and they spread false beliefs about passing. 25 is the bar where you might not pass perfectly, but you'll still pass nonetheless. I know plenty of transgender people that pass really well past 30 and they're not the exception. It's all about mindset and holding on to hope. Even if you don't turn out like an absolute prince(ss), 90% of people won't question anything one bit if you try your best to pass (makeup, voice, and so on).

Just go for it. Don't be stopped by people that say you'll never pass because they think they don't.
>>
>>8227459

A lot of what you're saying here is a pretty common experience from other transgirls I've met, and one I share, too. I didn't really start seeking medications or "medical interventions" until I was 26, so for four years I struggled with the same sorts of feelings you seem to be having. The biggest hurdle to clear is that, "Welp, I guess no matter how this turns out, I still feel like I need to go through with it" point. You fight it for so long and eventually you figure out that isn't working, so you have to do something about it. Even then taking concrete steps regularly like picking out new clothes or practising makeup and voice modulation can be like pulling teeth because of all the doubt and fear crushing you. It'll suck for a while, and you might feel ridiculous, but as time goes on, and you get better at it and more used to it, it starts to feel more "right" and "true".

>>8227566

Pretty spot on. Medicine is pretty advanced these days, and as long as you can afford the meds and/or procedures, there's a lot that can be done for transwomen. I personally know several transwomen in the 25-35 demographic who've had good results (like a 4-7 out of 10 to render it down into pure subjective rating). Like a lot of things, it comes down to how much effort you're willing to put into it. Beautiful biological women work pretty hard to be that way, and that's no different for transwomen, really. Be optimistic within reason, do your best, and use available medical resources to keep you on a good path. You're going through a pretty seismic identity crisis, and having a professional to work through it with is important (even if you're very confident in your trans identity, depression, anxiety, and other mental health concerns are very common for transwomen; cannot stress this enough).
>>
File: 1486082466301.gif (2MB, 421x338px) Image search: [Google]
1486082466301.gif
2MB, 421x338px
>>8227566
>It floats with negativity and they spread false beliefs about passing. 25 is the bar where you might not pass perfectly, but you'll still pass nonetheless.
then why don't I pass if I started at 20?
>>
>>8227957
I was >>8227566 and I still struggle with accepting myself. Can't dare putting make up and putting the clothes I want. I am on hormones for a month now. I still feel I can't pass. I'm scared of the judgement of my family because I still live with them (NEET life, I'm working on it to get out of it and get my own place).

Any tips?
>>
>>8226804
I know how you feel. That's honestly probably why I haven't transitioned. I'm getting older too I'm 24 now. My life is a mess.
>>
>>8228056

Wait ya dummy. A month on hormones is nothing.
>>
>>8228056
Good for you on the hormones. Took me quite a while before I could take those. As for makeup and clothing tips, you have quite a few options. The two easiest (and maybe best) options are just YouTube makeup tutorials for cosmetics and haircare (can't forget haircare), and as for clothing tips, just pay attention to the way women dress in your day to day.

Clothes are pretty tricky. You want to try stuff that hides or enhances your body shape in a way you like. Personally, I can't do skirts, but I have the hips and legs for jeans as it is. If you have a thicker torso or just that "boxy" shape, flowy overshirts and skirts with a pyramid shape can help you there.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.