[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do we solve the Riley J. Dennis issue? He is literal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 1

File: what is dysphoria durr.png (616KB, 848x879px) Image search: [Google]
what is dysphoria durr.png
616KB, 848x879px
How do we solve the Riley J. Dennis issue?

He is literal cancer in human form.
>>
>>8216237
Since when was that the definition of a mental disorder? It's a mental disorder if it's in the DSM, which means trans isn't but GID is.
>>
"Hurr, let's gas this person because she annoys me!"

You sound like a liberal.
>>
Try to expose him as a crossdressing troll, me thinks. He continually descends into more and more braindead retardation so perhaps he'll do it for us before too much longer.
>>
>>8216311
>she
>>
>>8216263
>appeal to authority
Nevertheless it is a mental illness whether some old bearded dudes put it on paper or not because:
1) "illness" as defined by the dictionary is "disease or period of sickness affecting the body or mind" and being "ill" as "not in full health" which describes the condition perfectly: it deviates from the healthy norm, it is long-lived and it affects the mind

Whether it causes someone distress or not is completely irrelevant.
>>
At least they're happy even without transitioning. Pretty interesting path to take in life, I'm sure not many could actually bear it even with a supportive gf (or bf can't remember what their relationship was supposed to be lol)
Like usually once given the chance for hormones people are all over that
>>
>>8216670
""""She's"""" "soooo gay", and reverse cuckolds """"her""" girlfriend. Guess you're ok with calling someone experiencing absolutely no dysphoria trans then?
>>
>>8216334
>using the DSM is appeal to authority
oh shit what are you doing?
>>
>>8216789
You know the DSM has a lot of flaws that even shrinks recognize, right? Some of them even say that the thing shouldn't even exists in the first place because it makes stupid and naive people to believe that there's such a thing as "a book with all the answers about the good functioning of the mind". In some cases even mental health professionals fall into that meme, which is sad in itself.
>>
>>8216311
No, this is radial, not liberal. He is liberal scum, and we need to implement our radical ideas of gender criticism.
>>
Consider a random person:
Person A is born
Person A has XY chromosomes
Person A has an average sized 8x6 penis
Person A has Total Testosterone of 700 ng/dL

Now consider the following situations:

Situation 1:
Person A thinks they were born in the wrong body
Person A thinks they should have been born with a vagina instead of a penis
Person A decides to surgically remove their penis and turn it into a vagina to accomplish this goal

Situation 2:
Person A thinks they were born in the wrong body
Person A thinks they should have been born as a quadraplegic
Person A decides to surgically remove their arms and legs to accomplish this goal

In those two situations, which is a mental disorder if any?
>>
>>8216237
She's write for the wrong reason. The state of being trans, that is, having a gender identity in congruent with your physical sex is not an mental illness. But she's wrong that the distress caused to trans people is solely because of society. Being trans causes depression and anxiety due to dysphoria. For example, someone might become depressed after their spouse dies. But that doesn't mean "spouse death" is a mental illness, it's the depression that's a mental illness. Likewise, being trans causes depression and anxiety, but the state of being trans itself is not a mental illness, the depression and anxiety caused by it are.
>>
you all are huge Riley fans

-hides thread-
>>
stop giving that hon attention, easy as that
>>
>>8217370
Only the latter.

Being trans isn't a mental issue, it's a body issue. If a cis woman was given the body of a cis man, they'd have dysphoria just the same as a transwoman does, because it's caused by a problem with the body, not by a problem with the brain.

A desire to be an amputee is a mental illness. You can't have an "amputee brain", no such thing exists, and even if there were there is no evidence to support it existing in them as there is for trans people. Additionally being an amputee directly harms your life. Being the opposite sex does not.
>>
>>8217442
How is it not a mental issue?

Their brain and thoughts do not coincide the objective physical reality they reside in.
>>
>>8217447
Because the brain is fine, it's just that the body is fucked. If you put a transwoman's brain in a cis woman's body there would be far less dysphoria if any.

It's like if someone got horribly scarred in an accident and gained social anxiety as a result. The brain itself isn't messed up, the body it's in is.
>>
>>8217469
If you put the man who thinks he should be a quadraplegic in the body of a quadraplegic, there would be far less dysphoria if any.

You just proved my point.
>>
>>8217469
>Because the brain is fine, it's just that the body is fucked.
>my schizophrenia is not the problem, it's reality that is faulty
>>
>>8217469
So GID is just a form of BDD which is, you guessed it, a mental illness.
>>
>>8217481
Yes but if a trans person who has undergone complete transition and no longer feels any mental distress, can you still consider them mentally ill?
>>
>>8217496
If someone who feels you need to amputate all of his limbs to make him less dysphoric, will you amputate them or would you try to treat his fucking brain instead? What the hell is with this nonsensical utilitarian mantra that we need to maximize happiness at all costs even if it means we literally deny fucking reality?
>>
>>8217496
Yes but if a BIID person who has undergone voluntary amputation and no longer feels any mental distress, can you still consider them mentally ill?
>>
>>8217472
But like I said, not having limbs is actually detrimental to ones well-being. Being the opposite sex or not being scarred isn't.

>>8217481
BDD is like Anorexia in that it's caused by a warped perception of self. No matter what body the BDD suffer or Anorexic were in, they'd see themselves as ugly or fat. That's why they're mental illnesses, if BDD or Anorexia could be cured by getting a better haircut or losing 10 pounds, then they wouldn't be BDD or Anorexia.

That said, there does seem to be a high rate of BDD among trans people, but not all trans people have BDD.
>>
>>8217501
You didn't answer my question, so why would I answer yours?
>>
>>8217513
My answer is yes, absolutely I would consider him to be mentally ill. Not even up to debate.
>>
>>8217508
By that definition they are cured.

Unfortunately for this hypothetical situation there isn't anyone who wants to cut off their limbs yet there are millions who want to change their gender so this comparison is meaningless.
>>
>>8217520
But they no longer show any symptoms. That isn't very scientific or medically professional of you.
>>
>>8217522
>there isn't anyone who wants to cut off their limbs
It's not a hypothetical, it's literally its diagnostic cathegory.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_integrity_identity_disorder
>>
>>8217511
>But like I said, not having limbs is actually detrimental to ones well-being. Being the opposite sex or not being scarred isn't.
The mental illness comes from your mind not agreeing with reality, not whether it's detrimental or not.

Being trans could be considered dentrimental. A MTF transgender will never be able to give birth to children, will have to be on medication for the rest of their life to maintain hormone levels, is it a higher risk of suicide, etc. a FTM transgender will be unable to father children instead of giving birth, along with the other ailments.

>>8217522
Body integrity identity disorder is a real thing. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_integrity_identity_disorder#Ethical_considerations
>>
>>8217373

> she

No.
>>
>>8217534
>>8217537
Well excuse me for being naive about the subject.

My point still stands. I'm a firm believer in the ownership of one's body and everyone has a choice of anything to do with it. Everyone should have a right to use modern medicine to do what they want, even medically assisted suicide.
>>
>possible HRT complications (kidney failure, liver disease, blood clots/trombosis)
>possible sex surgery complications (rectal fistula, genital stricture, all kinds of infections)
>permanent infertility
>sex reassigned people STILL have far higher risk of suicide than normal people
All of this risk just to cater to some mentally ill individual's false perception of reality.

>>8217556
>I'm a firm believer in the ownership of one's body
Too bad not everyone subscribes to your bullshit lolbertarian ethics, sport.
>>
>>8217592
Idk why you would waste so much energy trying to control things that you will never ever control.
>>
>>8217278
>we need to
>we
Collectivists belong in the trash.
>>
>>8217278
Radical and liberal are not mutual opposites. The opposite of radical is conservative/reactionary.
>>
>>8216334
>appealing to DSM is a fallacy
>appealing to the dictionary isnt
pick one
>>
>>8216263
>DSM is god
>>
>>8217550
And again we say

No.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.