[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm biologically male, 170 cm, don't always like male

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 3

File: 39-YAhWoia.jpg (119KB, 574x1024px) Image search: [Google]
39-YAhWoia.jpg
119KB, 574x1024px
I'm biologically male, 170 cm, don't always like male gender roles, have a tenor voice, and sorta androgynous feature to begin with. Once in a while I have AGP fantasies but don't really ever feel dysphoria.

Should I just give up on being male and transition?
>>
why the fuck are you asking us? i would if i were you but i'm trans so i may be biased
>>
How do you feel about your male features? Neutral, strong dislike?
>>
>>8201496
Neutral to "sorta like but could live without." I just feel like I fail at being male or doing what's expected of me as a male.
>>
>>8201457
If you don't really feel dysphoria, then why would you?

Not always liking male gender roles is something a lot of males do.

>>8201504
You probably won't fail tho, who'd really judge you?
>>
>don't always like
>Once in a while
>I just feel like I fail at being male

If I were you, I wouldn't transition .
>>
>>8201504
There's nothing wrong with being slightly gender non-conforming male.
>>
>>8201457

If you are depressed now and you think you would enjoy life more as a woman, you may as well try it. We had two AGPs come into agpg, one who came out at 12 and the other who started HRT at 16 through official routes, both of them said they enjoyed being a woman more than being a man. Though the one who started younger got SRS and she seemed to regret it or not be sure going that far was the right choice. The crazy thing is that neither of them described themselves as having dysphoria at the time. The one who transitioned later was depressed however, and they had been masturbating to TG stuff since they were 12, so with her depression, she decided she may as well pursue her dream.
>>
>>8201457

id say go for it, worst case scenario you turn back and have a bit of breast tissue as a reminder of your decisions, ah no big deal
>>
File: 1414433152039.jpg (128KB, 807x861px) Image search: [Google]
1414433152039.jpg
128KB, 807x861px
>>8201457
>>8201558

Adding on, years ago when I was still in my first months being on /lgbt/, a gay guy who ran his school's GSA started a thread about what had occurred in his group. The GSA had a 16 year old tranny who started at 15 in the group who said she didn't even believe dysphoria is real and it's a lie because she never experienced it. When the others in the group wanted to stop her from taking hormones, she threatened to out the other girl in the group who was self-medding (she was too, and she found out through the other tranny about self-medding). That stopped anyone from doing anything because the other girl's parents weren't cool about LGBT at all (hers weren't either, but she had managed to threaten her parents or control them in some other way).

It mad me sad to hear about these 3 trannies who just had the nuts to take what they wanted while I was anxious and depressed that entire goddamned time, suffering quietly.
>>
>>8201457
If you don't feel dysphoria then the answer is no. Note that a persistent yearning and being unhappy with being male qualifies, it doesn't have to be quite as physical as it is for some of the more severe cases.
>>
>>8201558
The second one you mentioned did say she was unhappy about being male, and that she felt she was a woman.
>>
>>8201585
Should I do DIY hormones then? Also doesn't this permanently wreck male genitals?
>>
File: 1409440710396.png (430KB, 824x720px) Image search: [Google]
1409440710396.png
430KB, 824x720px
>>8201683

She said she was depressed, but she didn't seem to ascribe that to wanting to be a girl and disliking being a male (I'm thinking it was and she just never realized the connection). So at least as far as she was aware, her depression wasn't from hating being a male. And at the time she decided to transition, it seemed it was more a, "Fuck it, may as well," than seeing herself as a woman by that point.

>>8201457

I'm offering these stories to you OP, because I've realized neurotically wondering about whether you're making the right choice with transition like I did isn't worth it. It's better to just jump in. This level of self-searching is only really appropriate for FtM HRT whose effects you can't go back on, meanwhile even in the low chance event you spend a few years on estrogen then realize you made a mistake, all of that will be overcome with testosterone. The chances are if you fantasize about being a woman because you enjoy it, transition will be worth it.
>>
>>8201720
I miss her she came back literally the day I left according to the archives ;_;
>>
>>8201731

She's posted more than in just the current agpg?
>>
>>8201457
Yeah totally. It's like by dead uncle always said if you've ever eaten mushrooms or had strange dreams then give up and become a drugs dealer.

No seriously get your logic checked.
>>
>>8201742
u wot? The one I'm thinking of posted months and months ago and was driven away by the mod controversy. CGL.
>>
>>8201457
AGP intensifies over time and you will likely eventually need to transition. If you have a good starting point and want to transition, it's probably worth it.
>>
>>8201755

The German girl? Because no one comes to mind who had an acronym.
>>
>>8201714
You'll probably be able to maintain erections if you regularly use it, but HRT may render you permanently infertile.
>>
>>8201767
I think that's bad advice. Dysphoria intensifies over time. That "AGP" causes it is just an hypothesis by Blachememe.

You can have a fetish without being trans. You can also be trans and have the fetish, which is very common. OP clearly said they don't experience dysphoria though. At best they should go see a therapist about their gender issues.
>>
>>8201782
Yeah the German girl.
>>
>>8201457
Gay people are odd *mob is heard gathering in the distance*
>>
>>8201799

What was her story anyway? I think she had a boyfriend and SRS, right?
>>
Is AGP just a manifestation or tfwnogf or am I in denial?
>>
>>8201457
>>8201672
>>8201796
With that said if you're seriously questioning your gender identity then you might be trans and not be aware of it, in which case you should absolutely go see a therapist. If you're depressed for seemingly no reason, or are questioning this out of the blue that might be a sign. Again, though, don't jump to conclusions.
>>
>>8201816

You're in denial. If you search your past, you'll find you probably had some pre-existing interest in the ability to change sex.
>>
>>8201816
In many cases it could be. Unlike physics there is no exact science for why someone says or feels something. Psychologists make educated guesses based on hours of weeks of therapy and diagnostics, correlated with science. Channers make uneducated guesses based on copypastas and memes.Take your pick.
>>
>>8201864
>In many cases it could be.
>Channers make uneducated guesses based on copypastas and memes.Take your pick.
Checks out.
The medical community overwhelmingly believes dysphoria is caused by biological factors.
>>
>>8201882
Which isn't what was being asked. The brain evidence doesn't exclude false positives, which is what was being asked.

Seems like you're very biased that you couldn't deduce that simple fact.
>>
>>8201912
Why would kids as young as 12 develop AGP if it is caused by >tfw no gf? What other fetishes are caused by >tfw no gf?
>>
>>8201796
That's just stupid. *Obviously* AGP intensifies and becomes dypshoria. How many trans womenhave you seen complaining that they didn't transition earlier because they assumed it was just a fetish? Personally, I've seen lots; it seems like one of the most common narratives. That this narrative is so common can only make sense from a Blanchardian PoV.

>>8201816
AGP competes with heterosexual attraction, so having a girlfriend can temporarily reduce it. This is a hon factory, though, which will lead to you transitioning at 40 when the AGP finally breaks though.
>>
>>8201457
What would it mean to you to be a woman?
>>
>>8201916
>As young as 12
I've heard some people here say they were 7-8 when it started; 10 in my case.
>>
>>8201916
Science can't answer that question because like I've already said there is no exact science. There is no precise chain of causality from which people can point out that a statement or fetish is directly caused by something at birth.

That's why psychologists still diagnose people because they try to correlate you with other confirmed positives to minimize mistakes. Diagnosis is just an educated guess.

If it was so simple as you seem to hope then a diagnosis would never be needed by the medical community. Then all human behavior would be predictable and perfectly understood like physics.
>>
>>8201916
>>8201948
I read a lesbian sex story at 8 and got super jealous and wanted to be a girl, way before I had any feelings towards anyone irl
>>
>>8201928
The same Blanchard who no one listens to anymore. It is equally likely that a transsexual identity causes AGP to develop as a repression mechanism. People repress hard, their dysphoria intensifies as they mature and become more masculine.
>>
>>8201928

>That this narrative is so common can only make sense from a Blanchardian PoV.

Not so. Take the opposing argument, that AGP manifests as a way of coping with the pre-existing stressor, gender dysphoria. A similar argument is made about fetishes in general in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7U8bhJHlrVI. A young child who is ostensibly a boy, learns that femininity in children assigned to his gender is punished because it is prohibited. He lives in anxiety and may crossdress or not crossdress depending on the strength of the fear he experiences. He later develops a sexual interest in imagining himself as a woman. He then imagines that it was all his fetish rather his gender identity trying to show through, and years he realizes it wasn't.

The fact that not all trannies develop AGP despite experiencing castigation and humiliation for their interest in femininity is better support for Blanchard's typology than that.
>>
>>8201928
To add to that, obviously someone can be trans and AGP, but being AGP doesn't by itself result in being trans. See all of the happy crossdressing communities out there.

>>8201916
See, this is a reasonable position, and were it applied to the typology we'd decide not to make use of it because at this point it is just an hypothesis.

>>8201948
>>8201965
I mean, yeah, you obviously can want to be a girl as a kid and express this desire in a roundabout way. Not saying that you can't show a sign of having a fetish as a kid (which kids also do when it comes to other fetishes), but I doubt that >tfw no gf is A Thing when it comes to kids developing fetishes.
>>
>>8201962
Whoops, the second point is meant as a reply to this post.
>>
>>8201966
The same one that was involved with the DSM recently despite nobody listening to him according to you.
>>
>>8201972
>The fact that not all trannies develop AGP despite experiencing castigation and humiliation for their interest in femininity is better support for Blanchard's typology than that.
IMO it comes down to psychological resilience. Can't back this up though.
>>
>>8202000

>IMO it comes down to psychological resilience.

I think it's something like that too, though my phrasing was, "It's about whether you internalize the shame and societal standards forced on you." I think you put it better.
>>
>>8201991
Note that transvestic AGP is not necessarily anatomic or interpersonal AGP. The latter two lead to transness whereas the first only leads to crossdressing.

>>8201966
>>8201972
I don't buy it. When you repress, you *know* you're repressing, or at least it's obvious that there's something wrong.
>>
>>8201998
And how many of his positions got in? Does the DSM support his position that homosexuality is a mental illness? The transsexual typology? The best we have is an entry for AGP under Transvestic Disorder. The section on transsexuality does not express support for the typology. WPATH doesn't include it in their standard of care document either.
>>
>>8202016
Repression is often done subconsciously. Ask homosexuals for non-trans examples. I think people who don't think it is possible just experience a more severe form of dysphoria which really is so unbearable that you can't just live with it.
>>
>>8202022
It's like you think his entire career was lobbying. The DSM isn't even a science review. There isn't nearly enough space in a book to review all the literature on any single entry.
>>
>>8202048
If it supported the typology it would absolutely have to reference it given its implications on diagnosing transsexuality were it true. I don't think Blanchard is a professional liar or anything but the field has moved on.
>>
>>8202083
The field has moved on and so has Blanchard. I don't think he wrestles day and night with some statistical analysis he did over 30 years ago like some people do. It's about as interesting as the Kinsey scale but he's hardly been discredited or anything.
>>
>>8202043
I know that the "I developed AGP as a result of repressing my True Inner Femininity" narrative is BS because I used to have it. In retrospect I was *obviously* not repressing, and from what I've seen of other trans people, neither were they.
>>
>>8202115
He made some pretty radical claims in that paper about a strict set of etiologies which describe all transsexuals. Those claims have largely been discredited and today one's sexual orientation isn't considered as a factor. What hasn't been discredited is the strong correlation he found between being gynephilic and being autogynephilic. Blanchard's opponents, while showing that there is no clear 100% divide like he posited, showed that even in their samples the majority of gynephiles (IIRC 70ish percent) were also AGP. What was also found, though, is that ethnicity seems to affect the rate at which gynephiles are AGP, suggesting that AGP is partially a product of the culture one finds themselves in.

That he found and showed a connection between AGP, transsexuality and gynephilia is a valuable contribution but he kind of ran with the data and created a typology that ultimately didn't withstand prolonged scrutiny.
>>
>>8202137
What can I tell you? It seems to match my experience pretty well. I started play-acting these AGP-related fantasies when I was very very young. I didn't think of myself as a girl at the time but I nevertheless had this magnetic attraction to pretend scenarios involving becoming a girl. Come puberty these scenarios turned sexual and I became depressed for no reason I could discern. I wrote about my experience here if you're interested. Follow the response chain.
>>8173059

The "AGP causes dysphoria and is progressive" thing obviously came from somewhere. The signs of AGP and late realization could be read as that. To the best of my knowledge and after a great deal of self-reflection I don't think that's the case though. The earliness of the signs, the obvious use of the scenarios as a tool to deny my desire to be a woman and the depression which consumed me from puberty onward make me suspect repression makes more sense here. There's also the fact that even gynephilic pre-everything transsexuals have brains which are some way atypical to those of their birth sex.

I don't want to deny you your own experience but I can't relate to it either.
>>
>>8202197
Aren't there more correlations he was right about than just orientation and AGP?
>>
>>8202420
IIRC the later someone transitions the more likely they are to have AGP. Other than that not really. There is a fringe that argues that yes but the overall consensus, as exemplified by WPATH's policy and the ultimate shape of the DSM, is that no. In particular dysphoria is thought to have a neurological cause.
>>
>>8202463
>In particular dysphoria is thought to have a neurological cause.
Explain?
>>
>>8202504
The general consensus is that dysphoria is caused by inborn factors, though we don't know for sure yet.
>>
>>8202517
Neurological is different from inborn, but what might the neurological factors be?
>>
>>8201457
>>8201496
This was basically me in high school, I was all of it. At the time, it wasn't like I hated my body or anything, just thought that I wanted to be female. After starting and seeing a more feminine self, I've come to start hating every little male trait I notice on my body. If you do decide to transition, just be aware that it is a lot of work.
>>
>>8201457
No way is that a picture of a man.
>>
>>8203134
>If you do decide to transition, just be aware that it is a lot of work.
Easier to just deal with the dysphoria...
>>
>>8203134
Wanting to be female, genuinely and strongly, is itself a sign of being trans.
>>
>>8203149

...while being on HRT, because letting testosterone fuck things up even worse is retarded.

I say this to anyone who thinks there's no point in HRT because there's no chance of passing anymore. If you were commander of an army and you lost the war, you wouldn't just let the opposing force rape the women and children, would you? You would make it a condition of surrender that what's left of the populace be treated humanely.
>>
>>8203218
Not them but I'd commit seppuku because I have failed my daimyo.
>>
>>8201804
I was that boyfran. It was long distance. Like trans-atlantic. She kinda sorta broke up with me because I have some issues with sex and she apparently found someone irl that she liked more and was open to sex.

She was also very politically hardline which I was not, and that bugged her.

Haven't had contact with her since we stopped talking. But I still have her on steam and I see her online every other day or so.

I'd lie if I say I didn't miss her, but she also kinda fucked me up.

Anything specific you want to know? She's concerned about privacy and wants to retain her anonymity so I won't say too much, but any questions, I'm down to talk about.
>>
>>8201804
>>8201782
>>8201755

I can also leave contact info if you'd like. This >>8203554 being me.
>>
There are only two genders. There are only two genders. There are only two genders. There are only two genders. There are only two genders. There are only two genders. There are only two genders. There are only two genders. There are only two genders. There are only two genders. There are only two genders. There are only two genders. There are only two genders. There are only two genders. There are only two genders. There are only two genders. There are only two genders.
>>
what up
>>
>>8204536
what he said
>what HE said
>>
>>8201457
Being manly isn't about physique, it's about doing whatever the fuck you want without giving a shit what people think. You do you man, don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
>>
>>8204350
The last digits of my post will confirm this
>>
>>8204350
tranny in denial/10
>>
>>8201457
where is the bulge
>>
>>8201457
the fact that you have to ask a bunch of strangers if you should be trans or not, tells me all that I need to know about trans people
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.