[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the LGBT community think about asexuals? Should asexuals

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 8

File: 21kjasp.jpg (218KB, 444x415px) Image search: [Google]
21kjasp.jpg
218KB, 444x415px
What's the LGBT community think about asexuals?
Should asexuals be included among lgbt, or are they part of something else? By themselves?
>>
File: Nc1ZKMg.jpg (21KB, 500x296px) Image search: [Google]
Nc1ZKMg.jpg
21KB, 500x296px
what does /lgbt/ even mean as a single group? it's kind of an arbitrary category, including both orientation and gender identity
if anything, it should be LGBA (orientation types: same, both, none), with T as a separate group (gender identity — perhaps adding additional sub-categories for that group)

pic unrelated
>>
>>8193177
Straight asexuals are straight and shouldn't be here. LGBT asexuals natch are welcome
>>
>>8193231
excuse me?
"straight" asexuals..?
okay...
>>
>>8193235
yeah dude, turns out there are attractions other than sexual
>>
>>8193177
They're boring so they can sit with the lesbians.
Us fags and trannies are too fabulous and mentally ill to have your sad energy around.
The lesbo table is over there >>>>
>>
>>8193177
Literally a nonentity.
>>
>>8193577
Fag.
>>
I identify as asexual. I'll be honest, I don't particularly feel the need to be a part of the lgbt community as an asexual. I've never run into discrimination due to being ace, at worst I'm the butt of copypasta tier biology jokes for the most part.

All the same, I don't really understand the lgbt community's disdain for asexuals as a group. Gatekeeping just seems vapid.
>>
Intersex/asexual here. I don't feel like a part of LGBT at all.

I'm on E for like 8 months now I guess and every MtF are getting jelly so I'm avoiding communities simply because I never had a facial hair, I'm not tall and have small feets and hands and stuff.

Asexuality though, it might change after an SRS. I don't think it will, but I'm taking that into consideration. Romantically I'm attracted to boys though. And yes, people are talking shit about asexuals like all the time. Someone threatened to rape me in order to show me that sex is great but I need to experience it.
>>
>>8193643
It has to do with the vast majority of identifying asexuals actually just being incel. I have met over a dozen people claim asexuality until they finally found someone that wanted them,then they flipped into wannabe sex gurus.
>>
>>8193177
Once a year I do this thing called "punch an asexual day", that is on the 21 of April (last week actually), and I punch an asexual in the face walking by on the street.
>>
>>8193177
Made up shit for people with low libido or can't get sex and "don't need it". A tumblr buzzword that means nothing. LGBT is L G B and T and NOTHING else. Not "Q" not "I" not "A" not "+".
>>
>>8193177
What do you hope to gain, in detail?
>>
>>8193177
>Should asexuals be included among lgbt
No. LGBT not QIAAP++.
Unless you want to be a minority in your own movement as well.
>>
>>8193177
>Word bubbles with reasonable questions and statements about "asexuality"
>Girl cowering in fear from them
Okay then.. Just get your hormones checked and stop being so frigid. This is just a phase.
>>
unless there's a such thing as acebashing then no, aces who are otherwise completely heteronormative are not lgbt/queer
>>
>>8195649
>unless there's a such thing as acebashing

There is. Unless you're an incredible liar (and I'm a very good liar), you can't keep up the pretense 24/7. I've learned more things about allos in the past few years, but as an ace I made several mistakes in the past trying to conceal my orientation. Like I underestimated how important sex is to allos, how often they *need* to have it etc
And yes, I was targeted by allos because they assumed I was an easy target. Luckily other people intervened and put an end to it, it would have turned very ugly otherwise.
If it had escalated, do you think anyone would have reported it as "acebashing"? No, we literally do not exist for some of you people.
>>
Maybe if they didn't try to portray the community there trying to attach themselves as degenerates who think about sex 24/7
>>
>>8195723
how often do you think "allos' need sex
>>
>>8195832
They seem to *need* it every few days or weeks. I originally thought allos could go without it for months/years, but that estimate was obviously very wrong.
I was waaaay off about masturbation frequency too.
>>
Asexuals don't exist, they just have a hormone imbalance. Take estrogen or testosterone to get your sex drive back and stop trying to piggyback off our struggle. A lot of 'aces' are also probably closet cases who pretend to be asexual because it's more socially acceptable than admitting they're gay. If this applies to you, you belong in LGB, otherwise, get out.
>>
>>8195887
Have you considered that the people you knew in your life were more hypersexual. I've known people who are "allos" who haven't had sex in a couple of months/Years and there not rapist and "acebashers" waiting to happen.
>>
>>8195811
they dont
>>
>>8195923
>Asexuals don't exist, they just have a hormone imbalance

I don't have a hormone imbalance.

>Take estrogen or testosterone to get your sex drive back

Back from where?

>A lot of 'aces' are also probably closet cases who pretend to be asexual because it's more socially acceptable than admitting they're gay

And frankly I wish they'd all kill themselves. Appropriating the ace struggle is disgusting. Taking advantage of a non-hetero orientation with as little visibility as asexuality just to escape your gay shame is fucked.

>>8195949
>Have you considered that the people you knew in your life were more hypersexual

No, that seems to be the norm as far as I can tell.

>I've known people who are "allos" who haven't had sex in a couple of months/Years

Why do people on boards like /r9k/ act like it's the end of the world then? People in real life seem to pursue sex all the time too. My low-balled estimate of sex frequency is what got me outed last time. I'm not making that mistake again.
>>
File: tumblr_mxhzzbtGhs1qgjplzo1_540.jpg (218KB, 480x800px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mxhzzbtGhs1qgjplzo1_540.jpg
218KB, 480x800px
>>8193177
The purpose of the lgbt "community" is to prevent discrimination againt lgbt people.
Are asexuals discriminated against in any way?
Do they need visibility?
Are people beat up or fired for being asexual?

I don't think so.
Asexuality is literally the equivalent of being extremely boring.
I don't see any reason to include them, but if they want to be allies that would be fine.
>>
>>8195986
>Usin /r9k/ as an indicator for 4chan/ the general population.
Also while sex and companionship maybe nice to have I'm pretty sure people have a life outside of it. Sex is another way to show intimacy and while that is important to people most "allos" probably have goals outside of it.
>>
>>8193177
I think we should petition to have it become /lgbt?/. That should wrap up about everything else.
>>
>>8196041
>Sex is another way to show intimacy and while that is important to people most "allos" probably have goals outside of it.

I'm aware that allos have things other than sex in their lives. But it's a fact that they think about sex and pursue it way more often than I originally thought.
>>
>>8193643

Rip incels. I guess in a way I'm glad to have experienced sexual relationships, don't knock it till you've tried it kinda thing, but sex ain't for me.
>>
File: freud.jpg (53KB, 620x706px) Image search: [Google]
freud.jpg
53KB, 620x706px
Freud once said:

>A complete absence of sex is the only thing which can be properly considered sexual deviance. Everything else is just a matter of taste.

However he also did drugs all the time and was pretty unhinged, so make of that what you will.
>>
>>8196088
>Its a fact
Based on your experience's sure but surprisingly even an "allo" persons sex drive can very due to a number of factors.
>>
>>8196129
That guy did more harm to psychology than good.
>>
>>8196143
>can very

vary
>>
>>8193643
I don't have any disdain for asexuals at all. I just don't understand why they have a general on /lgbt/
>>
>>8196257
Do you understand why L and G and B and T got one board instead of six?
>>
>>8196301
Because we represent 3% of the population.
>>
>>8196301
People who don't like video games don't make a "I don't play video games general" on /v/. People who don't like anime don't make an "I don't watch anime general" on /a/. There's no "deaf general" on /mu/ etc. etc.

There's just no reason for it to be here.
>>
>>8196315
Are you trans?
>>
>>8196315
There's no real reason for 4chan to have a "I'm not a cis hetero" board. Yet here we are.
>>
>>8196361
This isn't an "I'm not a cis hetero" board

It's an "I'm gay/les/bi/trans" board

You know what it's not? An "i'm asexual" board
>>
>>8194243
Oh, and I forgot to say. The reason I know they are asexual is because I stalk some asexual facebook groups.
>>
>>8196975
You must live in a small town if you see them walking by on the street after stalking them on facebook.
>>
>>8196920
>It's an "I'm gay/les/bi/trans" board

Oh it's a board about "being" stuff then, not doing anything? I'm glad you agree.
>>
>>8196315
Kind of a false equivalence when you consider that lgbt has quickly become a catch all for not-hetero.
>>
File: tumblr_oazr06l8uA1qkvrpzo2_1280.png (2MB, 750x1170px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oazr06l8uA1qkvrpzo2_1280.png
2MB, 750x1170px
>>8193177
What do asexuals have to talk about?
How unattracted they are to things?
How not horny they are?
How not rejected they are by society?
How uneventful their lives are?
How uninteresting their social lives are?

I don't see the purpose of them having a thread.
Are they going to post pics of people not having sex?
Are they going to post pics of people they aren't attracted to?
Are they going to talk about all the ways they don't have sex.
Are they going to share tips about all the hormones they aren't taking?

Should I continue?
>>
File: 1483902372925.png (99KB, 207x209px) Image search: [Google]
1483902372925.png
99KB, 207x209px
>>8197119
We could talk about how to deal with non-ace queers being hysterical drama queens with a persecution complex.
>>
>>8196041
>Sex is another way to show intimacy and while that is important to people most "allos" probably have goals outside of it.

>>8197119
>Are they going to post pics of people not having sex?
>Are they going to post pics of people they aren't attracted to?
>Are they going to talk about all the ways they don't have sex.

really makes me think
>>
I think that asexuality is more based on trauma than anything else. I've noticed a lot of asexual people are insecure with their bodies or were abused in some way. I'm asexual and I can never see myself getting that intimate with another person because it requires a special kind of trust and confidence. It's hard to describe, but it's why I don't want sex. Even if someone really loved me and wanted me I wouldn't want to do it. If the person in question accepted it I could just never get naked and only please them with my mouth. I don't know if that's satisfying enough for other people though; that's why I gave up on any sort of romantic relationship. I'm fine with not wanting sex, but I do want to kiss another person sometimes.
>>
>>8193177
I don't know. I used to think "if you don't have an attraction to any sex or gender, why do you need/want to be included in a group that is formed based off of a differing attraction than societies norm" but it's much more than that. What do asexual people gain from being apart of lgbt communities? It's not like they have been told they don't deserve something that the norm of society has. Asexual people aren't forced into a relationship, they can express their lack of attraction by simply not doing anything and be happy with that? If you lack something, isn't it easy not to be "oppressed" if no one is making laws against your lack of that something? If you want a community to talk to others that also lack attraction, why do that in a group full of people talking about their attraction?

However I see the reason why people group it together, because all of our sexualities are different from the norm. But it's the same thing as being agender to me. If you lack gender, then you aren't trans gender because you have no GENDER. Thus if you're asexual, you aren't apart of a sexuality group because you lack SEXUALITY.
>>
best friend is asexual.

sorry, i got nothing else to contribute.
>>
>>8197119
They just bitch about people who do fuck, just like atheist forums just bitch about people who do believe in god.
>>
>>8197236
because one stupid anon OBVIOUSLY represents the intentions of all allosexaul people right.
>>
>>8193580
someone with a head on their shoulders
>>
>>8197016
They do meetings, so I just wait outside and follow one of them after one of the meetings.
>>
>>8197820

You're either larping or mentally ill. Either way kill yourself.
>>
>>8198222
It's just once a year, relax. It's not like I do that shit every day. Lol, I'm not crazy.
>>
File: 1319987367119.jpg (35KB, 177x278px) Image search: [Google]
1319987367119.jpg
35KB, 177x278px
>>8196315
>People who don't like video games don't make a "I don't play video games general" on /v/.

Anon, /v/ is literally "I don't play video games: the board".
>>
>>8193643
it's just that by claiming to be asexual a cishet can waltz into queer spaces, when in fact there's nothing about such a person that's queer.
>>
>>8195986
>My low-balled estimate of sex frequency is what got me outed last time.
This has less to do with asexuality and more to do with a lack of empathy or sociability. Why don't you know what other people's lives are like? Do you not care about them?

Also what the fuck happened? Were people about to bash you because you told them you were asexual? Because they realised you didn't have much sex? What you're describing isn't clear at all. What was the actual event?

>Appropriating the ace struggle is disgusting. Taking advantage of a non-hetero orientation with as little visibility as asexuality just to escape your gay shame is fucked.
Is this satire? Holy shit - aces lack basic empathy and must be gatekept out at all costs.
>>
>>8200483
>Why don't you know what other people's lives are like? Do you not care about them?

Do you know how often the average person plays video games? Do you know how often they read? Do you know how many tv shows they watch? Do you know those things without googling to get statistics?

>Were people about to bash you because you told them you were asexual? Because they realised you didn't have much sex? What you're describing isn't clear at all. What was the actual event?

There were rape threats and threats of physical violence, I won't get more specific. It didn't escalate, so yay.

>Is this satire? Holy shit - aces lack basic empathy and must be gatekept out at all costs.

Tripfriends are cancer.
>>
>>8194302
But Intersex is a real thing and not a tumblr buzzword.
>>
>>8200666
i'd guess gamers would play like 20-30 hours a week, with others going up to ~50, although casual gamers would probably play less than 10 a week, people read 12-20 books a year on average, and i would imagine netflix-users would watch something like 12 tv shows a year and tv-users a similar amount, although from the media students/graduates i know i'm aware that some people will watch like 500 movies a year and maybe closer to 100 tv shows (much like how i'll read 60+ books a year, but know most people don't do that).

and anyway who cares what the averages are. it's generally possible on a person-by-person basis to gauge what sort of life another person might have.

>There were rape threats and threats of physical violence, I won't get more specific. It didn't escalate, so yay.
If you're going to just keep vaguely alluding to what sounds like nothing else than a time somebody said mean words to you, I'm not going to be able to get the information you need me to get, if I'm to be persuaded that aces face real discrimination.
>>
>>8197044
Cishet women push that to feel special so they can be in a hetero relationships and claim to be lgbt.
>>
Asexuality is perfectly capable of being celebrated as its own thing. It doesn't need the lgbt community to be recognized.
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.