[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

And the Gold medal for Mental Gymnastics goes to... >Acti

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6

File: transfag.jpg (60KB, 744x416px) Image search: [Google]
transfag.jpg
60KB, 744x416px
And the Gold medal for Mental Gymnastics goes to...
>Activist Riley J. Dennis Says Having ‘Genital Preferences’ in Dating is Transphobic

http://www.redstate.com/kiradavis/2017/04/24/activist-says-genital-preferences-dating-transphobic/
>>
>>8178123
That's seriously the grossest looking Adam's apple I've ever seen.
>>
>>8178123
>Gold medal for Mental Gymnastics
What does Bobbie White get for saying trans women are men but still calling himself a woman?
>>
>>8178123
i would fuck him
>>
>>8178123
If you reduce it down to a single sentence of course it sounds fucking stupid and insane. That's why you actually look at what they're saying.

The argument isn't just that preferring certain genitals is wrong. It's that your likely heavily influenced by society to have certain preferences. No one is obligated to have sex with someone who's trans if they identify as a gender you are attracted to, and it isn't inherently wrong to have genital preferences. You should step back and consider how you're influenced by outside means to have exclusionary preferences.

Again, there is no obligation to do this, but it is just good to try to reconsider biases no matter what they are and who you are.

Cissexism, or whatever ism you wanna say, DOESN'T make you a bad person, it's something that pretty much unavoidable no matter who you are. Everyone has biases and it's just something to reflect on and improve, and calling out someones bias shouldn't be an insult. Riley wasn't using cissexism or transphobia as an insult but an observation.

Riley also said that you can go ahead and have preferences, but it isn't necessary to insult those who don't align with your preferences, go out of your way to say that you exclude them, etc. especially when they're likely uncomfortable about themselves to begin with. It's just needlessly cruel.

Also that article you linked is genuinely retarded.
>>
quit giving this faggot horse attention
>>
>>8178166
all adams apples look gross imo

good thing I don't have visible adam's apple. even when I lean my head back.

god bless my genetics in that regard. can't imagine how dysphoric it would make me feel!
>>
For these so-called activists edulcorate a concept like “transphobia”, one day, as they realise it has lost any strength or meaning, people will eventually ignore the threat, and hook on the status. Would this happen, everything related to “transphobia” is slowly acceptable, from “genital preferences” to slashing on healthcare coverage of HRT.
>>
Oh look another fucking riley thread

Go back to /b/
>>
>>8178273
Understandable, it's kind of the same deal as not telling a minority that you don't wanna bang on basis of racial features, right?
>>
File: IMG_2560.gif (448KB, 450x306px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2560.gif
448KB, 450x306px
>Actually caring about what some YouTube faggot says
>>
>>8178489
tpbp
>>
>>8178412
Yeah. I'd even argue that it applies much more to racial biases than the genital preference ones... That there are significantly more "morally permissible" reasons to have exclusive genital preferences than racial and that societal influence towards attraction+race is much more prominent.

But I do generally agree with what Riley is saying.
>>
>>8178166
>>8178355
>tfw my adams apple is literally the part of me i feel most dysphoric about
>>
File: 1493141175558.png (574KB, 1690x860px) Image search: [Google]
1493141175558.png
574KB, 1690x860px
>>8178166
>>8178355

tfw i'm attracted to men with large adam's apples
>>
>>8178273
>Cissexism, or whatever ism you wanna say, DOESN'T make you a bad person
>"I’m going to use the word cissexism instead of transphobia, but they’re really similar words"
>literally says " cissexism means prejudice or discrimination against transgender people"

Well we know who is taking Bronze...

No, he/she is flat-out stating, through words that have negative connotations, that your biases and preferences are wrong if you adhere to them. And if that wasn't enough, Ms. Adam's Apple then goes on to say this:

>You’re allowed to have your preferences, and you don’t have to change anything. – you’re allowed to have prejudice towards trans people, but that doesn’t mean you should.

It then tries to support its shitty points by setting up the most-easily toppled strawmanned arguments I have ever seen.
>>
there was a time in history when i was pro trans .. god that was a long time ag
>>
>>8178123
>you're a sexist bigot!
>not that there's anything wrong with that
>but you really should change
>we won't accept your preferences
>and we'll keep attacking you until you change them
"""Tolerance"""
>>
>>8178123
Fucking retard. I'm an ftm and I only fuck girls with vags, what gives?
>>
>all those comments of people assuming all trannies think like this retard

Man

That sort of hurts
>>
>>8179360
protip: that's not tolerance
>>
>>8179422
to be fair though, there aren't a lot of "vocal tranny espouses reasonable and tolerant position on dating" articles/videos.

Just... well, shit like OP.
>>
>>8179360
The rebuttal to this is that you're not required to tolerate intolerance. :^)
>>
>>8179375
How exactly do you fuck them, with your hand?
>>
Not going to lie.. This makes being straight dude sound much more appealing & infinitely less complicated. Who the fuck has time to worry about all this?
>>
>>8179461
Nobody worries about this, only this retarded horsefaced man with long hair
>>
>>8179474
Oh! I'll stay away from the stables & I should be okay then. thanks anon.
>>
>>8179460
However they want to be fucked. And I don't demand that they'd be attracted to me, for fuck's sake. There are some ftms who are into men that have the same mentality and cry transphobia when gay men don't want to fuck them.

Being grouped with these retards isn't good for anyone.
>>
File: blergh whuyte.png (1018KB, 1171x763px) Image search: [Google]
blergh whuyte.png
1018KB, 1171x763px
>>8178193
its robbie white honey, get roberts first name correct.
>>
>>8178193
Just trannies being trannies. They are all extreme and thus associate with extreme politics.
>>
>>8180748
>all
nah fuck you, I don't even care about politics
>>
>>8179453
Dumb fucks say this, and I don't tolerate dumb fucks.

>>8180826
based
>>
>>8178166
I want a blowjob from her because of that Adam's apples...
>>
>>8180640
Bobby is a common nickname for Robert you dummy.
>>
>>8178166

I think he swallowed a facehugger and it's controlling his brain trying to turn everyone into pussies for an easy alien takeover.
>>
>>8178273
>You should step back and consider how you're influenced by outside means to have exclusionary preferences.
Why?
>>
>>8178637
>those fucking jeans
this is working class appropriation

but for real, literally who would buy this shit? ripped skater jeans are retarded but I get it, but literally why would someone want to wear jeans that just make them look fucking filthy?
>>
>>8179310

Riley isn't trans, real trannies fucking hate him
>>
>>8179422

This.
>>
>>8179296
>No, he/she is flat-out stating, through words that have negative connotations...

What you're saying:

>These words have a negative connotation to ME, therefore I should be offended by what they say

Why do you think your feelings about a word being negative are more valid than the context it's used in or how the word is used academically? Curious, what word would be a better replacement to help you feel more comfortable about the "negativity", while also being relevant to the discussion?

>You’re allowed to have your preferences, and you don’t have to change anything. – you’re allowed to have prejudice towards trans people, but that doesn’t mean you should.
>It then tries to support its shitty points by setting up the most-easily toppled strawmanned arguments I have ever seen.

Yeah. You're allowed to have preferences and not examine how your preferences are molded by society in a very bias way. No one will stop you, no one should stop you, it's a free country. It being permissible doesn't mean this is the most morally just way to live, though. It's a pretty basic concept that can be applied to many actions and views and obviously isn't a strawman.

That's all Riley is arguing.

>>8182377
Because you and I would likely want the same respect of being treated as an individual instead of being treated like whatever preconceived notion exists about us. And if I want to be treated with respect I want to treat others with respect, even if it seems weird to me. The same concept applies to any race, gender, class, etc.
>>
>>8182408
>Because you and I would likely want the same respect of being treated as an individual instead of being treated like whatever preconceived notion exists about us. And if I want to be treated with respect I want to treat others with respect, even if it seems weird to me. The same concept applies to any race, gender, class, etc.
Someone entertaining the notion of fucking you is not a prerequisite for treating you with respect.

I can confidently say out the gate that I would never fuck Bill Burr, because he's a 50 year old pasty ginger man. That doesn't mean I don't respect him or that I hold prejudice against who he is.
Someone knowing out the gate that they wouldn't fuck a chick with a dick does not automatically mean they're prejudiced. That sentiment can be a result of prejudice, or can be justified with prejudice, but it's not in itself prejudice.
>>
>not wanting to sleep with 70 year olds is bigoted
>not wanting to sleep with someone who weighs 450 pounds is bigoted
>not wanting to sleep with someone whose body has been disfigured by extensive burns is bigoted

riley can fuck off, my dick likes what it likes and i don't have to justify it to anyone ever
>>
>>8182469

This.

This sort of argument just illustrates one of the major problems with SJW thinking. They take broad issues and make it personal.
Like, the concept of privilege is somewhat useful when you look at it from a top-down view of society and just use it to observe the relative freedoms and restrictions certain groups tend to encounter, to uncover underlying cultural prejudices and the consequences it has. But to take that concept and use it against people on a widespread individual level, to use it to say "you automatically have a better life than me and are indebted to me because you're white and I'm not," is fucking retarded.

Riley's just taking it to the absurd extreme by trying to dictate the morality of sexual feelings, turning the concept of who you want to be intimate with into a fucking political statement. It's really fucking gross and creepy.
>>
>>8182445
>Someone entertaining the notion of fucking you is not a prerequisite for treating you with respect.
If you phrase it that way it sounds dumb, but yeah. In this scenario it applies. The same way entertaining the notion of fucking a race you find ugly, because you realize you likely find them ugly because of hart\d-to-avoid biases, is respectful.

>That sentiment can be a result of prejudice, or can be justified with prejudice, but it's not in itself prejudice.

When did I disagree doe, honestly

Also, it isn't about JUST having prejudice. It's about being in a mindset where you think "oh, I'm likely influenced by society because X Y Z, so I should think about that and lessen it".

When you think like that, you aren't saying "I AM PREJUDICE, I MUST SUBMIT BECAUSE IM A BAAAD BOY"

Instead you are saying "I AM LIKELY PREJUDICE, BUT MAYBE IM NOT, AND CAN'T TRULY REALIZE UNLESS I ASSUME PREJUDICE AND THINK AND SELF REFLECT AND LEARN".

And that's just the reality of how biases works.

Also your analogy to bill burr doesn't really apply, but maybe it does, depending on how you're presenting it. It was kinda brief and im kinda drunk

>>8182469
You deff didnt even listen to the video and just read
>Activist Riley J. Dennis Says Having ‘Genital Preferences’ in Dating is Transphobic

>>8182505
I honest to god don't see what's extreme about "you're probably bias about your preferences due to societal influences and should think about the extent that you're influenced, no obligation tho but it would be nice"

It's the most passive way to ask for change in something she believes, yet you still find a way to be offended.
>>
Having a preference, in general, is discriminatory. The only difference is that it doesn't or hopefully doesn't intend to harm others. Discrimination is a big issue when it comes to depriving someone of the same opportunities that others have for issues such as gender, race, sexuality, etc. Having a preference isn't that big an issue. It's a tame discrimination unless you're some asshat like Riley who gets offended by minor shit.
>>
File: 1399312864481079.jpg (45KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1399312864481079.jpg
45KB, 480x360px
>>8180640
Nice androgynous boy.
>>
>>8182556
>If you phrase it that way it sounds dumb
Because it IS dumb.

>The same way entertaining the notion of fucking a race you find ugly, because you realize you likely find them ugly because of hart\d-to-avoid biases, is respectful.
Being biased against an entire race is the problem. Not wanting to fuck them is a result of that problem.
Not every sneeze is the result of a cold virus. Some people just don't want to fuck you. And trying to bring people with actual biases around by being sexually aggressive towards them like this is fucking repulsive.

>You deff didnt even listen to the video and just read
Except Riley literally opens the video implying that if you wouldn't date someone who's fat or disabled is prejudiced.

>I honest to god don't see what's extreme about "you're probably bias about your preferences due to societal influences and should think about the extent that you're influenced, no obligation tho but it would be nice"
Because who someone wants to allow inside their fucking body is nobody's goddamn business.

>It's the most passive way to ask for change in something she believes, yet you still find a way to be offended.
Are you fucking retarded? It's just about the most intrusively intimate angle you could possibly attack someone from. People have enough sexual guilt and hangups about sexual acts they do desire/commit, they don't need people to make them also feel terrible about the acts they don't.
It's fucking disgusting.
>>
File: 1400281072829.jpg (315KB, 597x800px) Image search: [Google]
1400281072829.jpg
315KB, 597x800px
>>8182666
You aren't reading what I'm saying or are just not understanding.

>Being biased against an entire race is the problem. Not wanting to fuck them is a result of that problem.
And the point is the line between the two is impossible for anyone to know. If you go around saying "woah, it's just my preference, I am not bias" nothing would change if you actually were prejudice.

>Some people just don't want to fuck you.
>Because who someone wants to allow inside their fucking body is nobody's goddamn business.
Obviously. When did I disagree? When did I say you should feel compelled to fuck certain people? Point out the line.

Being in a mindset where you consider how you're influenced to have certain preferences isn't saying anything about you being a bad person. It doesn't say your ultimate choice is wrong. It doesn't say whether your choices make you bias or not. It doesn't say if you happen to never fuck a trans person, you're a bad person. It doesn't say you're ever obligated to find a trans person attractive. It doesn't mean you need to change your mind or no longer have a genital preference or your reasons for having a preference are invalid.

It says nothing other than "have an open mind to how you've been influenced socially", which is extremely personal to yourself and not giving out your business as you claim.

>they don't need people to make them also feel terrible about the acts they don't.
Nothing about what I said should make anyone feel terrible. Unless you're the most delicate of snowflakes someone saying "You might be bias, and being bias in normal but no one can really know if you are, just self reflect for the betterment of everyone but there is no real obligation" is incredibly fucking tame. Not intrusive. Not intimate. The most benign way to ask for a mindset change from someone. There is no pushing at all for you to change anything. Like holy shit.

>It's fucking disgusting.
>repulsive
naah lol
>>
>>8184108
>And the point is the line between the two is impossible for anyone to know.
The line between the two is fucking irrelevant. If someone is biased against a group of people, focus on that. Whether or not it bleeds into their sexual preferences is not irrelevant. And if their sexual preferences are literally the only place where it comes up, then it's no one's fucking business.

>When did I say you should feel compelled to fuck certain people?
When did I say you said that?
Making someone's sexual preferences an issue is making an issue of something that is none of your fucking business. It doesn't matter if you're outright telling them what to do.

>Being in a mindset where you consider how you're influenced to have certain preferences isn't saying anything about you being a bad person.
Irrelevant. It's just not your fucking business.

>Nothing about what I said should make anyone feel terrible.
Then you're an unempathetic, culturally tone deaf moron. Or just one of those wilfully ignorant "why are you getting so bent out of shape? I'm just being honest!" asshats.

>Not intrusive. Not intimate.
It is when you target it on who someone's willing to have sex with, which there is absolutely zero need to do in order to simply discuss bias.
>>
>>8182556
>If you phrase it that way it sounds dumb, but yeah. In this scenario it applies. The same way entertaining the notion of fucking a race you find ugly, because you realize you likely find them ugly because of hart\d-to-avoid biases, is respectful.
not any person you are already arguing with here; why are you so stupid you believe sexual attraction to certain kinds of physical features isn't something that can be hardwired?
You are on a board about that very thing.
>>
>>8178193
>trans women are men but still calling himself a woman
but it's true
>>
>>8178123
She's not wrong.
It's just how much you're gonna let """""""transphobia""""""" tag bother you
Im a cis gay male who wants a real biological xy chromosome dick in my ass and not a strap on or to be indirectly fisted by your arm graft
>>
>>8191343
Can't have it both ways.
>>
>>8178193
good point. blaire's a guy if she says she is.
>>
>>8179500
Whiny MtF lesbians and FtM gays are the reason trans hate exists in the LGBT community, full stop.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.