[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much control do you think a parent has over how their children's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 9

File: 1492657315079.jpg (164KB, 768x990px) Image search: [Google]
1492657315079.jpg
164KB, 768x990px
How much control do you think a parent has over how their children's personality turns out? Is it possible to be "raised right" and still end up being a total mess?
>>
>>8173175
>Is it possible to be "raised right" and still end up being a total mess?
How is that even a question
>>
>>8173175
wow
>>
>>8173184
Pretty much why I posted it here, normies seem to think having kids is about making them do stuff until they turn out the way you want. So if you can't control how they turn out, what's the point?
>>
File: lady feral.jpg (380KB, 1280x776px) Image search: [Google]
lady feral.jpg
380KB, 1280x776px
You can either act the way you feel or suppress it at the cost of great mental anguish and turmoil. It will come out at some point. Maybe you're lucky and you'll figure it out when you're young. Likely you won't and you'll only start to live when you're old and so much is already gone. Or maybe those feelings will only come out as words in your memoirs at death.

There's no wrong way to be if you're not hurting anyone.
>>
Not fundamentally, I don't think. I was naturally sub and obedient, so I did a lot of what my parents told me, ended up fairly well-sorted mannerwise, but had zero respect for school and other authorities.
Could've been a well-rounded person, ended up being a melodramatic tranny art student.
>>
>>8173227

To try and give them direction and guidance and not turn out a total piece of shit? Are you literally retarded
>>
>>8173175
>Structural Marxism
How... *closes eyes& rubs nose bridge* how exactly does anti-humanist marxism fit with the rest of the stuff? I mean this guy is the physical embodiment of humanistic ideology and post-modern disdain for science. Does he even into Althusser? Anyway, I'd let him blow me maybe.
>>
>>8173227
that's why I am never having kids.

It's like politics. You have an utopia. When you try to implement the utopia, everything goes shit.
>>
File: carl.jpg (39KB, 600x615px) Image search: [Google]
carl.jpg
39KB, 600x615px
>>8173472
>Are you literally retarded

What the fuck are you talking about
>>
File: 1470694120564.jpg (186KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
1470694120564.jpg
186KB, 960x640px
>>8173175
Very little they can influence some political beliefs but if the kid is a faggot they're gonna be a faggot
>>
>>8173237
Don't tell me those are the same person. Holy shit.
>>
>>8173175
I understood this person up until the "Muslim convert" part. what the fuck?
???
>>
>>8173175
How sheltered are you? What do you think a dysfunctional family is? If the parents do not steal, likely the kid won't either. If they force the kid to go to church, they are more likely to become religious. Apply yourself bre't.
>>
>>8175946
You fail to apply the effects of surroundings where the parent will be absent. There's plenty of awful damn near criminals born to the devout and pure Christian family.
>>
>>8175946
>went to church twice a week until I was 17 and moved out
I stopped believing in god when I was seven
>>
>>8173175
Strict parenting with lots of time spent away from parents is a great way to produce a rebellious person who does a lot of degenerate shit for attention. The parents look just fine and like it happened outside of their control, but it's a real pattern.

Firm but gentle parenting with plenty of attention given to the child (but allowing them freedom) is a way to produce a great person.

Many people set out for that latter one, but can't stay in that mode constantly because there are a lot of easier options, like spanking, scolding, and leaving the kid somewhere you don't have to deal with them for a little while.

Parenting is easy for one hour. 18 years? Mmmmmmm not so much.

Unless the parent intentionally harms their child, I won't hold it against them. At the very least, the child has the chance to redeem itself. But there are a lot of ways to accidentally fuck someone over with good intentions (ex. my parents noticed i hated homework and let me get away with not doing it for years, esp since I would lie and tell them I finished it, so I became lazy and got shit grades).

I think parenting is a really big and formative part of a person's life and upbringing, but that parents usually should not always be blamed for issues that arise under their watch. EVERYONE makes mistakes, and a lot of informed, good decisions just turn out to be wrong (e.g. repressing your child's trans urges to try to make him happy as a boy).
>>
>>8177679
>Firm but gentle parenting with plenty of attention given to the child (but allowing them freedom) is a way to produce a great person.
[citation needed]

>inb4 "me"
>>
>>8173175
Most of personality is genetic.
OP's pic related is probably just trying to be trendy and has been over-educated and sheltered and now he's rebelling against his probably christian or jewish parents by "converting" to Islam.

Check back with him in 10 years and he will be just another fag smoking weed and going to clubs and sleeping around while trying to maintain a shitty job at the makeup counter or women's department in some department store.
>>
>>8177703
>Most of personality is genetic.
Source?
>>
>>8177703
[citation needed]
there's on scientific consensus on nature vs nurture
>>
>>8177711
https://www.madinamerica.com/2014/12/studies-reared-apart-separated-twins-facts-fallacies/
>>
>>8177735
Twin studies don't rule out influence based on appearance and other physical factors. Twins raised apart are more likely than the average random pair of people to play basketball, but it's height that's genetic, not sporting inclination or fondness for basketball.
>>
>>8173175
Most of the users of 4chan grew up in well off, middle-upper class liberal white households on the east coast, with some on the west, and were given the best educations, social circles, and culture that money and connections can buy.

And most of them turned into wannabe child rapist, Nazi, autistic, shut in, y-y-you too, evangelical conservative microdick tenga owners and operators.
>>
>>8177833
The East coast of Australia or Japan?
>>
>>8177861
Of Mars, clearly.
>>
>>8177833
Source on channers being east coast?
>>
>>8177874
Buddy, do your own research for once, and try not to go to a church website either.
>>
File: 2015MyImaginationcategory.png (51KB, 749x249px) Image search: [Google]
2015MyImaginationcategory.png
51KB, 749x249px
>>8177874
>Source
>>
>>8177934
Yeah, you can dank it. Or you can go look it up.
>>
>>8173175
Is this the dude who's boss forced him to take hormones and blow him for trade approvals? It's the same name, right?

On topic: I think every baby has some pre-set characteristics to them, but parenting is the major determining factor in development of new ones. So you can raise 2 kids exactly the same way and they'd still turn out different from each other, but generally if you raise both of them shittily they'll be shitty people and vice versa.
>>
>>8177940
You can't, because it's probably not true
>>
File: loves_it.gif (670KB, 268x211px) Image search: [Google]
loves_it.gif
670KB, 268x211px
>>8178005
>forced him to take hormones and blow him

why can't this happen to me?!
>>
>>8178073
Because TG fiction has to stay fiction.
>>
>>8178051
I won't, because I never do anything to make the lives of worthless diseases like you easier.
>>
>>8177833
>>8178141
You seem to have a lot of impotent anger towards a group of people that literally don't give a fuck about anything or anyone, including yourself, and will just respond by posting smug pepes and animu reaction images.

It's the most pointless shit ever.
Move on with your life.
>>
>>8178243
protip: diseaseposter doesn't have a life.
her life is yelling "disease!" and "dogshit!" at anyone and everyone in as many threads as she can.
she literally has tourettes and no filter.
probably drunk off her ass
>>
>>8178137
>>8170160 it's not fiction
>>
File: Bo2qi6m.jpg (66KB, 532x800px) Image search: [Google]
Bo2qi6m.jpg
66KB, 532x800px
>>8175837
They are. However, this is a newer picture of the same person.
>>
>>8178837
The media != what normal people get to have happen to them.
>>
...grey asexual? I thought there was just the one.

Also, it concerns me that in this entire paragraph, despite all these labels, they still haven't said shit about who they are, what they enjoy, or what they wanna do. At some point it kinda feels like these tags are a replacement for actual self-identity.
>>
>>8173175
Wow. I've never seen someone use so much text just to say they were mentally ill before.
>>
>>8173175
>Is it possible to be "raised right" and still end up being a total mess?
I guess I'll never know.
>>
>>8181579
But like, it happened. To a normal person.
>>
>>8178243
Nice you pedophile living dog shit. :)
>>
>>8182657
But not to you or me.
>>
>>8182708
kys
>>
>>8173237
Everytime I see this, I shed a tear, knowing a hot guy turned into a hot girl.
>>
>>8190414
Not a hot girl though. See >>8178896.
>>
>>8173175

I think everyone is born with certain, very basic traits or tendencies, that can have a positive or negative effect on a person's own life depending on the way they're raised and other influences they have.

I would guess that there are no or very few of these traits that guarantee failure regardless of the way someone is raised.
>>
>>8173175
>grey asexual
>structural Marxism
I've never wanted to beat some one up this much before.
Like seriously beat him up and take his lunch money.
>>
>>8173175
>LGBT
>Converts to Shitslam
Fucking Edinburgh. Every fucking time.
>>
>>8174860
I dont think this is a burn, I think he actually didnt get the post
>>
>>8175634
desu he wouldve ended up as ugly and fat even if he wasnt gay
at least he is more likely to get laid than if he was str8
>>
File: image007.jpg (16KB, 350x263px) Image search: [Google]
image007.jpg
16KB, 350x263px
>>8173175
>Grey asexual
>Non-Binary
>Marxism
>Pro-Palestinian
>QIA+ stuff
Ready...Aim...
>>
>Muslim convert
literally the only thing about that pic that bothers me in the slightest

fucking disgusting
>>
>>8173175
I can almost guarantee sexuality is determined by nothing more but your surroundings, your experiences, and little parts of your brain that tick differently thanks to its genetic thumbprint.

It's nothing more than a lottery and there's absolutely no way to predict it.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.