[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Good educational videos to show to your CIS friends thread?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 213
Thread images: 45

File: 1493048953365.jpg (211KB, 1638x920px) Image search: [Google]
1493048953365.jpg
211KB, 1638x920px
Good educational videos to show to your CIS friends thread? I'm thankful that Bill Nye finally made a video on gender.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rayxew89NyE
>>
>>8165953
well bill nye the science guy is always cool
>>
>>8165953
Don't capitalize cis, it's not an acronym.
>>
Some parts of that ep were a bit cringey for me but overall I think people who are starting without the basic knowledge will learn some stuff from it so that's nice.
>>
>>8165953
>that dislike bar and those comments
its so easy to notice this was linked in /pol/

all these edgy teenagers lol
>>
File: C8tcDfTUwAAtl43.png (1MB, 1200x1364px) Image search: [Google]
C8tcDfTUwAAtl43.png
1MB, 1200x1364px
>bill nye the shill guy
>implying gender is scientific and not a made up social construct thing in your head
>implying there are more than two biological sexes in humans
>implying cis is not an appropriated word from chemistry which is fucking retarded when we should be saying healthy, normal human beings, and diseased people either physically or mentally, ideologically
>implying a very small number of people having slight chromosomal defects which manifest as a litany of life endangering diseases makes them another sex
>implying the majority of transtrenders have any biological defects and are not just "transitioning" because of their ideological cults' hatred of masculinity and worship of femininity
>implying attention whore people like nye won't just move on once this is all no longer trendy and easy to get social kudos for
>implying OP is not a troll faggot
>implying I'm not a faggot
>>
File: FAKE MUDAFAKIN' NEWS.png (20KB, 876x499px) Image search: [Google]
FAKE MUDAFAKIN' NEWS.png
20KB, 876x499px
>>8166142
More like /pol/ and its retarded little cousins.
>>
File: 2017-04-18-11-02-09-1210419189.jpg (10KB, 256x144px) Image search: [Google]
2017-04-18-11-02-09-1210419189.jpg
10KB, 256x144px
>>8165953
>>
>>8166142
/pol/ became the new /b/ filled with le alternative 18yo posters, now they're all potential saviors of muh white race and a bastion against degeneracy
When will you sheeple learn that trannies will be the cause of the collapse of society? It's so obvious
>>
>>8166369
>implying /pol/ giving trannies a moment of time means anything
>implying /pol/ sees trannies as anything exceptional out of all of the degenerate trash out there
>implying /pol/ is white
>>
File: actual pol meeting.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
actual pol meeting.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
>>8166418
These are the people that will save the west and as you can see they are all white
>>
File: cis scum.jpg (180KB, 1024x640px) Image search: [Google]
cis scum.jpg
180KB, 1024x640px
>>8166115
>it's not an acronym.
>implying
>>
>>8166879
implying what?
you don't even make sense
>>
>>8165953
science????why does he even use word "science" - all this gender science is pseudoscience with pseudoscientists.
>>
>>8166184
>implying cis is not an appropriated word from chemistry which is fucking retarded when we should be saying healthy, normal human beings, and diseased people either physically or mentally, ideologically

What the fuck are you talking about? Cis and trans are latin words. Cis means on the same side of, trans means across or on the other side of. Trans people move across genders, cis people stay on the same side. That's the difference.

Same thing as homo/heterosexual.
Homo = same, hetero = different.
Heterosexuals like the gender different from their own.
Homosexuals like the gender the same as their own.
Bi (meaning 2) like both genders.

These aren't words someone just made up you retard.
>>
>>8166184
>implying there are more than two biological sexes in humans
Depends on the perspective. Sex is a binary by its design, but not all people fit neatly into the "male" and "female" boxes of biological sexual characteristics.
>>
top bayte
>>
>>8166970
It is an acronym you fool.
>>
His show is justifying why people hate us.
>>
>>8165953
This is shit. Just white people using people of colour as props in their "please don't talk about my privelege" play. Stop supporting white supremacy.
>>
hey guyz, hear /pol/ is here now. wussup?
>>
>>8170901
The term "cisgender" was invented by sociologists in the 90s
>>
>>8171531
It isn't just Bill Nye doing this shit, most other people who say they are advocates for the community are doing it too. They are driving more people into the groups that hate the community because of the behavior they display, they perpetuate a negative stereotype.

In other words, do not accept any fools to speak on your behalf like a mouthpiece.
>>
>>8171635
Yes, because there was no need for a name for non trans people before the existence of trans people became a regular thing.

Just as there was no need for the worst heterosexual until homosexuality became a thing.

It's called a retronym and there's nothing wrong with it.
>>
>>8166369
>le alternative 18yo posters
Unlike the fags and trannies over at /lgbt/, who are completely mature and grown up, and will save civilization.
>>
File: 1492720277804.jpg (78KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1492720277804.jpg
78KB, 768x1024px
I wish you fucking freaks would leave us normal gay people alone.
>Today I'm a woman, tomorrow I'm a man!
>I identify as a woman, but I'm not going to shave my beard or attempt to even pass a woman.
>I can't believe we just met and you don't know my super specific pronouns, I can't even!
>Gender is a social construct you know, men and women can wear whatever they want. That's why when I choose to pass as a woman I will wear all pink, cake on makeup, and talk in a shrill lispy voice like a stereotypical woman.
I like to suck dick, I don't like to pop pills and cut my dick up like you escaped mental patients.
>>
>>8165953
This is horrifying
>>
>>8172097
Trans people were a thing in weimar germany, which really makes you think
>>
>>8172294
Hm, that got my neurons fired up
>>
>""""""""""science""""""""""
>>
>>8165953
>being gay isn't genetic
Thank's Bill, now we can try working on conversion therapy again.
>>
>>8171043
And we call those people anomalies and treat them as such. Just because mutations occur doesn't mean it is the best shit ever, or that we should bend over backwards in support of them.
>>
>>8172323
Homosexuality is either a disease or a choice. If it's a disease then we should try finding out how to cure it. If it's a choice then we should persuade people not to make that choice, as it results in childless lifestyles which hurt the society.
>>
File: 1468040065827.jpg (43KB, 690x460px) Image search: [Google]
1468040065827.jpg
43KB, 690x460px
>>8165953
>Bill Nye the """""Science""""" Guy.

Social sciences are not science.
>>
>>8171097
No it isn't. Cis, like trans, is a latin prefix
>>
>>8165953
Lmao you one generation faggots are going to die out with no mark on the world. Fuck some more asshole and make up some genders why dont you
>>
>>8166115
yes it is... idiot.
>>
>>8170666
Check'd
All you fags need to neck yourselves, everyone fucking hates you
>>
File: 1487657987735.gif (564KB, 800x430px) Image search: [Google]
1487657987735.gif
564KB, 800x430px
>>8166121

I didn't learn anything. He didn't even go into this whole "gender spectrum" nonsense.

Bill Nye on light: "you see there's a spectrum of visible light, going in the order of Red Orange Yellow Green Blue Indigo and Violet."

Bill Ntye on gender: "You see gender is a spectrum! It's all very confusing to the goy."

It just reinforced my initial thoughts about this: that you are all brainwashed. Tricked. Played for fools to the destruction of your own society. Sad.
>>
>>8172267
This
Fags can stay, fuck off freaks. You fucking low IQ, attention whoring, pieces of shit
>>
File: u mad rethuglikangs.png (228KB, 816x1372px) Image search: [Google]
u mad rethuglikangs.png
228KB, 816x1372px
>>8165953
>>8166103
>>8166142
>>8166223
>>8172323
here is a video of Bill Nye the Bachelors Degree Guy explaining how molecules work https://youtu.be/QZAh3b2vNf8?t=547
notice
>tells us the molecule is made up of atoms
>asks "how do we know?"
>THIS IS HOW, KIDS
>turns to an objective physical example to show us
>says that by doing lots of experiments, scientists have come to this conclusion

now here is bill nye on sexuality https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rayxew89NyE
>we have realized its more a kaleidoscope
>tells us that we now know, fails to explain how we know
>turns to a projected light show
>some people are gay, some people are fags, some people are other kinds of gay
>its not simple
>its complicated
>we cant say
>we have to listen to the science
>the science says
>there a spectrum of gayness
>never explains why we know this
>never explains how we know this
>never gives any concrete line of reasoning
>"but this stuff to me is cool"
>more lights

please, where the fuck is the science here
>>
>>8171043
>design
Oh anon....
>>8172334
"Anomalies" are just biological diversity, which is the basis on which selection occurs. Without "anomalies", no evolution
>If nature teaches us any lesson, it loudly proclaims life's diversity. - Stephen Jay Gould
>>
>>8166142
Mental invalid detected
>>
http://www.acpeds.org/the-college-speaks/position-statements/gender-ideology-harms-children
>>
>>8172414
>false equivalence: the post
You can always spot a /pol/fag by the low IQ posts he makes.
>>
>>8172430
>www.acpeds.org
The American College of Pediatricians is a minor group. classed as a hate-group by the Southern Poverty Law Center. which uses the similarity of name to confuse people into thinking that they are the legitimate organisation called the American Academy of Pediatrics.
>>
File: bother.jpg (46KB, 400x550px) Image search: [Google]
bother.jpg
46KB, 400x550px
>>8172438
how is it a false equivalence? because one is science and the other is psuedoscience, right?
>>
>>8172418
>"Anomalies" are just biological diversity, which is the basis on which selection occurs

Wtf, maybe in a tiny population of almost extinct animals genetic anomalies make it through, but certainly not in any large populations. Definitely not with humans. Unless you define any deviation in genes as an anomaly, in which case you're an idiot.

We don't typically fuck people with down syndrome. Even if you want to do as that anon was saying and bend over backwards to make it so, it will never make it the norm.

Down syndrome isn't just "biological diversity." Severe auto-immune disorders aren't just "biological diversity." Even if you want to define them that way, we still shouldn't go trying to spread those fucked genes throughout the gene pool.
>>
File: bill_nye.jpg (301KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
bill_nye.jpg
301KB, 750x500px
> Bill rappels down to the stage from the ceiling
> Crowd cheers
> "HELLO MY NON-BINARY BIPEDS! ARE YOU READY FOR SCIENCE?!"
> Crowd chants back "YEAH, YEAH, YEAH"
> Adam Savage from Mythbusters is lowered halfway down from the ceiling by rope
> Bill shouts at the crowd "This is how weak gravity is! A rope is able to defy it!"
> Audience begins cheering, sounds of "FUCK GRAVITY" echo in the background.
> Adam looks down at the floor nervously. Techno music echoes in the hall, chants of "FUCK GRAVITY" begin to grow louder.
> Music stops suddenly, camera zooms in to bills face. "But lets get serious here folks"
> "Gravity is just like the Patriarchy and White privilege, its always there and seems so powerful but its actually really weak! SCIENCE!"
> Audience starts shouting "SCIENCE! SCIENCE! SCIENCE!" rapturously.
> Rope begins to fray under Adam Savage's immense weight.
> Bill is dancing around the stage to Eurobeats, nobody notices or hears Adams desperate screams for help
> Rope breaks, Adam falls 30 feet to the studio floor. His head splits open and sprays the front of the audience with gore
> Eurobeats continue, Bill Nye dances on top of Adam Savages remains "See how the patriarchy keeps trying to defy science! Will we let it?!"
> The Audience yells back "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"
> Bill Nye starts twerking in the middle of the stage, "SHOW GRAVITY THE POWER OF SCIENCE!"
> Audience cheers, rushes out of the studio and up to the top of the building
> With shouts of "Fuck Mass to Constant ratios profiling my body" and "Your Force does not define my weight, I am beautiful!" the audience begins leaping off the building to their deaths.
> As the last snowflake falls, we cut to Bill Nye back in the studio doing an air guitar solo
> "That's all the time we have here for now folks! Next episode we discuss the science behind Oxygen and how it profiles people who identify as Gram Negative bacteria!"
> Roll credits
>>
ahahahahaha oh God!
Holy shit the /pol/ butt-holocaust in the comment section is hilarious.
>>
>>8172267
anon i love you almost as much as i hate these trannies
>>
>>8172414
>please, where the fuck is the science here
You want him to start to state studies?
Or what is it you want?

We all know that there are a huge number of intersex conditions, and that gay people exist. So what is it you want "science" explination of?
All he could do is start to state studies, and whatever other scientific evidence there is... Doesn't make much of a kids show, nor would it satisfy you.
>>
>>8172456
>we still shouldn't go trying to spread those fucked genes throughout the gene pool.

should we, dare i say it, abort them?
>>
>>8172476
Studies are not scientific evidence, they're essentially advanced polls.

Evidence is observable, such as how we're able to observe the fact that a molecule is made up of atoms
>>
>>8172476
he could have said "studies show" at the very LEAST. instead, he goes up and straight up tells his audience that this IS science and this IS the truth

and they just eat it all up because it agrees with what they think

>Doesn't make much of a kids show, nor would it satisfy you
this isnt a kids show its geared toward adults, hence his audience full of adults

>All he could do is start to state studies
and thats my point, there is no observable evidence to support his claims, as opposed to when he seperated water into hydrogen and oxygen. its a social science, so all he can do is try to find studies that agree with his position
>>
>>8172498
Observable things aren't enough for you, you simply deny the existence of it.
Studies aren't enough for you.
A guy telling you straight up that those things exist isn't enough for you.

There's literally nothing that can satisfy you, you'll reject whatever is shown to you.
>>
>>8165953
Is this what passes as educational in America? Fucking hell...
>>
>>8172500
Does he say that about anything else?

>"Studies show that there are stars in the universe"
Nope, he just points out that it's been found out.

You cannot be satisfied, because you have extremely strong religious beliefs.
>>
>>8172476
>Science man
>HURR WHY YOU WANT SCIENTIFIC PROOF XD
well... yes?
>>
File: fdsfdsfsdfdfsd.png (451KB, 706x782px) Image search: [Google]
fdsfdsfsdfdfsd.png
451KB, 706x782px
>>8172476
social science is not science.
>>
>>8172414
Yeah I totally agree. What a load of clickbait, topical, half-arsed shite.
>>
>>8172476

>and that gay people exist

You've isolated the gay gene?

>huge number of intersex conditions
>intersex conditions
>conditions

I don't think a significant portion of the people who identify as part of the LGBT etc. community have these conditions. I don't think the sexuality of the people who have these conditions is inevitably going to fall in some weird position between Male and Female that implies that we ALL must be defined within some sexuality spectrum. I think they'll more than likely fall into was standard category or another.

I think this spectrum horse shit is very ill-thought out and never properly defined.
>>
File: 1491080217406.gif (504KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1491080217406.gif
504KB, 1080x1080px
>>8172506
The point is that he didn't show us anything observable.

You hit the nail on the head though, "some guy" telling me these things exist aren't enough for me. How does a BSc in Mechanical Engineering qualify him to tell me that as a matter of fact?

Use your noggin
>>
File: ....jpg (50KB, 499x500px) Image search: [Google]
....jpg
50KB, 499x500px
>>8172506
>>8172513
listen to yourself. all im asking for is proof. all i am asking is for you to show me some sort of proof to validate your claims because no i dont believe every word a stranger tells me

and all you can say is "no no no no you wont believe it so i wont show you" and try to blame it on religion. thats delusion and denial

>"Studies show that there are stars in the universe"
I know this because as PROOF, i have seen the stars for myself and have been shown evidence PROVING their existence. I believe him because of prior knowledge

jesus

>You're asking for scientific evidence because youre so religious
the hell
>>
>>8172513
>religious beliefs.
Whats the diffrence between religious beliefs and things Bill Nye is saying? Both cant be proved right and both are based on feelings.
>>
>>8172516
>>8172532
>>8172536
He has never proved anything ever.
It would take hours and hours to actually prove it, and millions in executing the scientific tests required.

>>8172527
Gay people are very observable.
Intersex people don't need to identify as LGBT to exist, they're still intersex.

You claim that they don't exist, simply because Bill Nye didn't scientifically proved that they existed.
That he didn't perform a live surgery to prove different organs, or made a live blood sample analysis to show XXY/XXXY etc.

You're retarded, Bill Nye has never proved anything of what he's said before, there's no reason as to why he should spend millions on a 4 minute story to provide all the scientific data in an indisputable fashion. Just to satisfy your tardness... Except you'r still claim it was all faked.
>>
>>8172454
Did you for a second consider that science doesn't have all the answers for everything and that it is a slow long-lived process of learning that has many roadblocks in its path? Sexuality isn't something that was nearly as extensively researched as, say interactions between simple molecules (le sodium donates its electron to chlorine and that's how the shit sticks together and we call this match-made-in-heaven sodium chloride etc) and only recently it's been given any consideration. Thinking you can get straight concise answers on a topic that was largely ignored till basically the 21st century is downright naive.

tl;dr One is well-researched enough to tell "yep, here is how the shit works" while study on the other one is just getting started.
>>
>>8172555
The believes religious people can't be observed, the things Bill pointed out can easily be observed.
Pretty fucking huge difference.
>>
File: @farrahrized.jpg (33KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
@farrahrized.jpg
33KB, 480x480px
>>8172527
who cares what you think?
the world isn't black and white.
there are a million shades of grey.
>>
>>8172564
Look here you dense tranny, he has proven things before by demonstrating observable evidence. This is just a fancy lightshow with him repeatedly saying "gender is a social construct" in different ways to never offering proof.
>>
>>8165953

GAS
CHAMBER
>>
File: 1434538228509.jpg (31KB, 630x721px) Image search: [Google]
1434538228509.jpg
31KB, 630x721px
>>8172506
Hmm what did xe mean by this? The argument that there are only two genders is more a semantic one than a scientific one. You're arguing with a different definition of gender from eachother. Social expression and biology are different things. One is a phenotypical choice. The other is innate. Biological sex is a binary. Only in rare cases of gebetic defects result in a deviation from this binary. Homosexuality is ill understood as are most psychological phenomena. The simple fact is that we have neither the proper tools nor methods to develop a coherent theory of human psychosexual dynamics. There is no "just observing" or "x says so" in he humanities. Human beings are notoriously bad at observing and interpreting psychological penomena objectively, partly because they are more complex and abstract than physical phenomena, and partly because those same phenomena work upon the observer as well. No metrics such as mathematics can be applied. There is no science to be done. You can collect information about what someone says, does, or thinks, but subsequent interpretations of the data are quite open to discussion, as there are no clear axioms in psychology that are universally accepted. Quite the contrary in other sciences. 1+1 always = 2. Energy always moves from a high concentration to a low concentration. An electron volt is 1.3*10^-17 joules. No such statements can be made about psychology. It is not a science. It is not irrefutable. Acting otherwise is either ignorance or intellectual dishonesty.

t. Tranny.
>>
>>8172575
"people are different in lots of little individual ways" =/= "gender isn't binary because i say so and look at these projected colours oooo"
>>
>>8172586
He has said gravity exist, without actually proving it.

Without proving the higgs boson, you could not prove gravity... And that was proven way after he started to claim gravity existed.
So was it extremely unscientific of him to pretend as if gravity was a real thing? Why weren't you getting triggered by those claims?
>>
>>8172564
This post >>8172414
Bullshit. I posted an example here. He just proved that water can be turned into gas.

Can he go in depth enough in a 20 minute long kids show to prove that those two gasses are hydrogen and oxygen?
No

BUT HE HAS GIVEN ME EVIDENCE TO SUPPORT HIS CLAIMS AND HAS GIVEN ME REASON TO SUSPECT THAT HE IS RIGHT

And that's what this is all about
>>
>>8172598
If you want somebody to read what you wrote, then format it.

Just a suggestion, of course you don't need to adhere to it, but I doubt anyone will bother reading your text, as it looks to be written by somebody with the literal intelligence of an 8 year old.
>>
>>8172604
You're being retarded, gravity is literally the most observable fact in our entire world.

Hold an object out in front of you, let go. Congratulations, you've proved gravity exists as it is described.

Stop moving the goalposts.
>>
>>8172456
You seem to miss the point. Not all anomalies are useful; selection determines what is and what isn't useful. Anomalies are the basis on which selection occurs. They are, in other words, a natural and necessary feature of biological life.

My point was that you can't dismiss an observable biological reality as "just an anomaly" because no such thing as 'anomaly' actually exists - it's just diversity in different forms, sometimes good, sometimes bad sometimes neutral sometimes meaningless. And YOU don't get to decide that something is "bad" because you don't like it. You say "just because mutations occur doesn't mean it is the best shit ever" - true, but neither can we say that it's the WORST shit ever. We can just say that it is; anything above that and we've left the field of biology and entered philosophy and ethics. And you're free to make an argument against supporting trans&intersex people based on philosophy, but don't pretend to base it on 'muh biology'.

Intersex exists. It's an observable fact. That means that there are more than two genders. Whether you think that's good or bad, or if want to support these people or how (leave them intersex, change them into one or the other, etc.) are normative questions and can't be decided by science.
>>
>>8172611
You wanted him to show gay porn?

That's the equivalent of showing that liquid can turn into gas...
>>
>>8172620
nice ad hom, friend. You post is a very roundavout way of saying "didn't read lol". I guess that facts and discussion aren't all that important to you after all.
>>
>>8172626
Hermaphrodites don't count as a third gender as they're still biologically one or the other despite the extra sexual organ.

I forgot though, biological fact doesn't sit well with you people.
>>
>>8172623
Go outside, and go into a gay club.
That will provide proof to you that homosexuality exists.

Are you completely fucking retarded?
You're expecting way more analysis for this lgbt positive short, than you're expecting any of his other claims.
>>
>>8172623
Yup. Important to differentiate between the observable phenomena and the THEORY describing it. Just because we aren't 100% able to explain something does not mean that we can't observe that it is real and happens.
>>
>>8172570
Humor me for a second, because I'm going to humor you. Let's say that sex spectrums, human sexuality, trans people, everything in this video, is able to be physically proven, or at least research through the scientific method

But, it has not yet been researched, and it has not yet been proven, and there is little to know evidence

You are still asking me to change my views with little to no evidence or research

So why should I?
>>
>>8172637
>didn't type "nice ad hom, hon" instead
You had one job tbqh
>>
>>8172570

>People studying their sexuality is more recent than chemistry.

u wot m8? I'm amazed at how brazen you people are about this. You can find fields of psychology that are so well developed they're not only broken down into well defined categories but also entirely capable of predicting the psychology of an individual based on a few traits. These fields of psychology are still not nearly as predictable and accurate as the study of chemistry, and you put your ill-defined, never explained, 5000 category spectrum of sexuality into the same ballpark as the natural sciences.

Absolutely incredible.
>>
>>8172637
You think anyone cares specifically about what you write?

If you can't write in a way that is easy on the eye, and can be skimmed through, NOBODY is gong to read it.
You're not special, and people don't care especially for you.

It's fucking ridiculous that people like you can make jokes about "special snowflakes", when you act like an extremely self-entitled snowflake.
>>
>>8172630
Showing gays exist =/= knowing why they exist and what causes homosexuality. Two different arguments
>>
>>8172639
It's not about whether or not homosexuality exists, it's about whether gender and sexuality are all one big mixed bag where you can be anything and everything regardless of biology

That's what he's putting forward without observable facts to back it up
>>
File: giving.face.jpg (61KB, 500x706px) Image search: [Google]
giving.face.jpg
61KB, 500x706px
>>8172626
>muh situational ethics
>muh moral relativism

do you even magic sky dad?
>>
>>8172662
Or to put it in a slightly more legible way, what >>8172661 said
>>
>>8172661
So how did he show why it turned into gas, and how?
He'd need to go into pretty deep physics to prove that.

Showing gay porn is the equivalent of showing liquid turning into gas, it's the same level of evidence.
>>
File: images.jpg (3KB, 90x90px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
3KB, 90x90px
>>8172656
Very curious post. Aparently you care enough to address my posts. But not enough to address their content. Really makes you think...

This imageboard is anonymous, friend. You can ignore whoever you want or even leave at any time. Nobody will know. Nobody will remember you.
>>
>>8172676
Look you degenerate piece of filth, not everything is about gay porn
>>
>>8172677
You quoted me, so I pointed out that if you want me to read what you wrote, you'll have to reformat it into something readable.

Why are you addressing me now? You literally said nothing.
Stop being such a moronic hypocrite.
>>
>>8172351
>being this fucking dumb
>>
File: toldme-fabulous.jpg (67KB, 400x519px) Image search: [Google]
toldme-fabulous.jpg
67KB, 400x519px
>>8172662
>you can be anything
>>
>>8172564
>You claim that they don't exist, simply because Bill Nye didn't scientifically proved that they existed.

No. I never even claimed they don't exist. The post I was replying to just acted is if though it were 100% fact that these people are biologically gay and this has never been shown to be the case. Not once. There is no biological link to being gay.
>>
>>8172692
He actually never said it was biological, he just said that people are gay, etc.

Don't move the goal post, please.
Stand up for your idiocy, or admit that you're an idiot.
>>
>>8172638
Intersex is defined to include both anatomical and chromosomal differences , you dumbass. Now I'm assuming you're defining biological gender based on chromosomes seeing as you're willing to consider someone with both sex organs still decidedly one gender.

What you bring up is also a methodological question concerning categorisations, not an undisputable fact. For instance, it is undisputable that our sun has a temperature of around 5800 Kelvin and a luminosity of 3.86×10^26 W. However, that it is a star class G2V is a question of using Morgan–Keenan categorisation and not an undisputable fact itself. Another categorisation could theoretically be used based on the same facts on temperature and luminosity.

>>8172638
>you people
Anyone who disagrees with you I take it?
>>
File: xy8zy.jpg (91KB, 500x833px) Image search: [Google]
xy8zy.jpg
91KB, 500x833px
>>
>>8172676
You're entirely missing the point

>how did he show
He had a glass full of water that he ran an electric current through, and that was connected to two other glasses that filled up with air as the water disappeared

>showing gay porn is the equivalent of show water into gas
You're missing the point, read this>>8172661
Showing water turn into gas is proof that water can be turned into gas
Showing gay porn is proof that gays exist

Showing water turning into gas does NOT prove that gas is hydrogen and oxygen
Showing gay porn does NOT prove that gay is a spectrum or that it's genetic

He's not trying to prove homosexuality exists he's claiming it's a spectrum and there are more than two genders
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (26KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
26KB, 480x360px
>>8172687
Hmm even more curious. I said nothing? That's hardly true. And even if you ignore the point presented, you say that I must format or make efforts otherwise for your attention? In that case is it not yourself who's entitled? And then talk of hypocrisy. If I never said anything at all then how vould there have been any hypocrisy? A prerequisite for self contradiction is at least two propositions. How is it then that I've said nothing? Are you ok?
>>
>>8172704

I'm not moving the goal post, dipshit. You are. You're telling me I said gay people don't exist. You're arguing a strawman in the first place.
>>
>>8172709
Intersex is not a real thing. That's a genuine tumblr gender and you know it.

>Anyone who disagrees with you I take it?

Pots and kettles, etc
>>
>>8172733
It's ok. This person is legitimately stupid. Or at least pretending. Just let it be.
>>
>>8172667
No but you do clarify the point: it's a question of ethics and even religion, not biology.
>>
>>8172647
>everything in this video
To be honest with you I didn't see the whole thing but I can imagine what Bill Nye the "Science" Xir was talking about.

However I agree with the assertions that what constitutes a "sex" is grossly misunderstood and that XY = le benis, XX = le bagine is only part of the biology shit sandwich and not the definitive end that ensures everyone born with XY = alpha male brodude to have a Bud light with, XX = bitchy wife.

For instance, sexual differentiation was often described as a process when a fetus starts having its brain de-feminized and masculinized until it becomes a healthy alpha male brodude. The thing where we were completely wrong was that the masaculinization in males is actually executed by estradiol and not testosterone which I am sure could cause one of the conventional mind to chimp out and say "But BUT ESTROGENS ARE FEMALE HORMONES!". Can you honestly say that you truly understand sexuality, my man?
>>
>>8172739
>Intersex not real
It's literally a real, existing condition that we can observe in both anatomy and karyotype. Google it. Look, use your eyes of seeing.

You're either trolling or retarded.
>>
File: arguments.jpg (85KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
arguments.jpg
85KB, 1280x720px
>>8172652
>psychology
>fields of psychology
>psychology
not science
>>>/philosophy class/
>>
>>
>>8172756
As we know though, males can be feminine and females can be masculine, it doesn't mean they were "born in the wrong body" or "transgender from birth"

>>8172763
>Google it.
Well I Googled it and got Wikipedia (not a source), the Intersex Society of North America (not a source) and The Guardian (not a fucking source) all the way down the first place. Good shot though.
>>
>>8172756
No I never claimed to fully understand sexuality, I just said bill is a hack and didn't prove shit because I want people to stop pretending this is a valid source

A lot of the things that determine sexuality are social factors, which you can't definitely prove, so until they do this video is bullshit
>>
>>8172719

>Showing water turn into gas is proof that water can be turned into gas.

Give a model for reality:

"If matter is actually made up of little bit called atoms that interact with each other in x ways, here is an experiment representing this:"

This is the basic layout. Where's your model? Where are you experiments? There are none. There is no model. There is no explanation. It's just broad assertions. This gender spectrum shit is horse shit.
>>
File: xxy_ver3.jpg (68KB, 533x755px) Image search: [Google]
xxy_ver3.jpg
68KB, 533x755px
>>8172773
>Wikipedia (not a source)

well I can't find anything scientific on stormfront.
would you accept imdb or is that too kikey for you?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0995829/

>what is klinefelters?
>>
>>8172795
Try using Wikipedia as a source in your studies, see what happens

Even fucking students understand Wikipedia is not a source
>>
>>8165953
>All these people agreeing with Bill Nye
I guess I should have expected as much from a board filled with faggots.
>No there's no valid science behind anything he's saying, but he agrees with my world view so it's cool
>>
>>8172756

This. This is what I'm talking about here. This is like the basics of an actual field of biology. This is the very beginning of the absurdly huge and momentous task you're bringing before yourselves with this.

You have no fucking idea how complicated the relationship of your brain chemistry and your psychology actually is. This gender spectrum shit is going to fall apart.

To me this gender studies crap hits me as if it's a joke of a field in psychology. Everyone is so cavalier. It's never explained or laid out properly.
>>
>>8172764

That was precisely my point. This is psychology, not a natural science. Yet it's being treated as if it were.
>>
>>8172811
so what do you use?
i graduated before the internet was even a thing.
we had typewriters back then and used actual books as sources.
>>
>>8172795
>He doesn't know they Wikipedia isn't a legitimate source
Go back to school you idiot.
>>
>>8172845

We still use books.
>>
>>8165953
Holy shit. I agree with the spectrum theory, but the empirical dat is certainly weighted towards 1:1 :: male:female.

Bill Nye's show is the memiest thing I ever have seen.
>>
>>8172845
>he's sold old that he used typewriters during university
>now he hands out on a board full of young teenagers who want to show off their buttholes

pretty creepy my dude
>>
>>8172845
In school we typically have databases up on my library's website that we can find peer reviewed studies and such on

Or go to the library and find a book
>>
>>8172865
age is just a number tbqh
>>
>>8172860
what empirical data?
>>
>>8172773
Are you too retarded or too lazy to actually look, or is just nothing a source to you unless in confirms your beliefs? What exactly are you saying you fucking retard, that Klinefelters isn't a real condition because wikipedia has an article on it? Jesus, kill yourself right now.

Here's some more sources because apparently you refurse to believe your own eyes for some reason:

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/q-a-mixed-sex-biology/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1932002/

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science?_ob=ArticleListURL&_method=list&_ArticleListID=-1189659476&_sort=r&_st=13&view=c&md5=470f80a8d362509ca39364bdff29b622&searchtype=a

>>8172830
True, but we are in the phase of overcomming deeply entrenched biases even within the scientific community. People are, in other words, not asking the proper questions because they're too used to thinking about gender in a specific way.

IMO, this article (http://www.nature.com/news/sex-redefined-1.16943) does a good job of showing how a systems approach can improve understanding and challenge preconceptions while maintaing rigour and not falling to tumblr-tier pseudo-science.
>>
File: 1488413068416.png (246KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1488413068416.png
246KB, 480x360px
>>8172897
>asks me to google intersex
>changes it to Klinefelters once I'm done

really gets the noggin joggin
>>
>>8172575
>there are a million shades of grey.
More like a spectrum with all the tones and hues too.
>>
>>8172897

I think it's been totally hijacked and turned into a brainwashing scheme. This isn't about understanding gender or sexuality. This is about building a concrete bridge between neurochemistry and psychology.

Fine, remove biases for the general public. That doesn't matter. The general public is not researching this. The general public doesn't understand this.

Just watch OPs Nye clip and then watch this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wllc5gSc-N8

It's being used to politically align people. (or as you put it "remove bias.") It's degeneracy at it's extreme.
>>
File: 1477961451595.gif (483KB, 785x757px) Image search: [Google]
1477961451595.gif
483KB, 785x757px
>>8165953
Fucking fags jesus christ I fucking swear
>>
>>8172773
I also believe many behaviors are influenced by environment but there is actually a neural underpinning that is hardly influenced by post-natal hormones. It's called Sexually Dimorphic Nucleus, located in the hypothalamus and it is larger in males than females but it can't be measured except post-mortem. If we could measure this while alive and someone we call a "transgender girl" would want to start taking females hormones at 11 and had this SDN female-shaped why stop them?
>males can be feminine and females can be masculine, it doesn't mean they were "born in the wrong body" or "transgender from birth"
If a feminine male wants to be feminine to the point of resembling females why stop them then?

It doesn't matter if we call transgender women "feminine males" or gay men who take it too far, the will to have our body "corrected" stems from a brain part that is shaped the way it is shaped in females (or in trans guys the other way around) and that's the only important thing here.
>>
>>8172985
>If a feminine male wants to be feminine to the point of resembling females why stop them then?
because its not healthy?
>>
>>8172739
My genetics are 46XX/46XY and I was born with both ovaries and testicles. What is my sex and gender?
>>
>>8172997
Unhealthy for whom?
>>
>>8173001
>both ovaries and testicles
Are they functional?
>>
>>8173001
idk but to return to an earlier point i can show you how to turn water into gas just follow me into this chamber
>>
File: 1488692491296.jpg (68KB, 699x485px) Image search: [Google]
1488692491296.jpg
68KB, 699x485px
https://youtu.be/qN5L2q6hfWo?t=8m53s

Bill Nye the Really Makes You Think Guy
>>
>>8172985
>If a feminine male wants to be feminine to the point of resembling females why stop them then?

Because an 11 year old isn't entirely developed. An 11 year old doesn't understand themselves. Why the hell are people stuffing their fucking kids full of drugs just because they may feel feminine at one point or another?

It's fucking child abuse and you're potentially ruining your childs entire life based on thoughts or decisions they made when they were 11years old.

It's fucking sickening. I hate watching this become mainstream and become encouraged. People are understanding themselves, they aren't taking the time to develop. They aren't handling their problems, they're being shoved into a box and told "If you think you should be a girl you should be a girl!"

This kind of shit really gets to me.
>>
>>8172985

aren't understanding themselves*
>>
>>8172438
So you agree that IQ is legitimate?
So you admit that niggers have IQs that are a standard deviation below normal?

Welcome aboard!
>>
File: gaddafi what the fuck wut.jpg (120KB, 456x337px) Image search: [Google]
gaddafi what the fuck wut.jpg
120KB, 456x337px
>>8172351
>Cis is a latin prefix
nigger, go breath some helium
>>
>>8173010
I have kids

>>8173012
I know how to turn water into gas. You can step into the chamber yourself while I operate the apparatus that will fill the chamber with gaseous water.
>>
File: thumb-1920-689846.jpg (146KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
thumb-1920-689846.jpg
146KB, 1920x1080px
Our kind have been around since the earliest records of history. We don't need some honorary PhD "scientist" misrepresenting us. Scientism is the worst religion on Earth. Transsexualism is their label; reject it. You're perfectly healthy. The condition is one they impose on you. Neither do you need a Jew shrink to measure your life--Lachesis does a fine job. The industry built up to treat us preys on us. Never forget that.
>>
>>8173062
>passing your inferior genes onto your kids

you irresponsible freak
>>
>>8173067
Transgenderism is female demonic spirits posessing healthy men. Look up venus castina.
>>
File: hypothalamus.jpg (163KB, 770x370px) Image search: [Google]
hypothalamus.jpg
163KB, 770x370px
>>8173016
Are you dense? That hypothalamus part could be used to reliably tell if someone is trans for real or not. If they got, let me simplify it for a brainlet like you so you are able to finally get it, a pink bead just like females do then making them undergo male puberty is borderline sadism.

Sorry you got your fee-fees hurt because this doesn't fit your black and white worldview about brains but it's not like anyone can expect reserved unbiased responses from a Cambodian bamboo onahole forum poster.
>>
I don't actually see what the problem is with this video.
>>
>>8173102
Nothing wrong with it, just spend your life obsessed with sex, fuck everyone, collects STDs and never reproduce. Nothing wrong with that.
>>
>>8173107
All he did was acknowledge that different kinds of people show different behaviors in regards to their gender and sexuality.

Are you pretending that gay people don't exist? Or that trans people don't exist?
>>
>>8173016
>being this emotional
take your mood stabilizers already, susan.
>>
>>8173117
>this argument again
>>
>>8173122
I'm not arguing anything. Did you watch the video?
>>
>>8165953
ur all on the autistic spectrum.

t.bi guy
>>
>>8173094

You're the one who's dense you fucking retard. Show me how the flying fucking you test whether or not someone should be trans and the mechanisms behind it. Prove it to me before you fucking ruin a childs life by forcing your dick sucking ideology down it's fucking throat in the form of a pill that will more than likely lead them down a road that increases their chance of suicide 5x.

You fucking twat. You fucking scum bags. You need to be thrown into a lake of fire. The fucking audacity of you fucks. The shear hubris of you thinking you understand biology, human development, neurochemistry, and psychology to the point of advocating the use of hormone blockers on children. (who more than likely don't have their fucking "hypothalamus" tested in the first place.)

You fucking scum.
>>
>>8173138
>thought I was a girl when I was three
>feelings never went away, only got stronger
>started feeling suicidal at age 10 because I couldn't deal with the burning need to be female
>parents would get mad when I tried to talk to them about it
>had to transition on my own as an adult
>would pass flawlessly if I transitioned as a teenager

In your attempt to 'help' society you are actually ensuring the future pain and agony of innocents. Some people are fucking born this way.
>>
File: oh_he_mad.jpg (20KB, 638x359px) Image search: [Google]
oh_he_mad.jpg
20KB, 638x359px
>>8173138
>fucking retard
>fucking
>"it's fucking throat"
>dick sucking
>You fucking twat.
>You fucking scum bags.
>You need to be thrown into a lake of fire.
>fucking
>You fucking scum.
Are you okay, bud? Sounds like you are having a stroke or something.
>>
File: 1482012252176.gif (2MB, 322x322px) Image search: [Google]
1482012252176.gif
2MB, 322x322px
>>8173138
You forgot your angry Pepe. Here you go, friend. I have thoughtfully provided one for you.
>>
File: 18oQTZA.jpg.png (85KB, 1110x972px) Image search: [Google]
18oQTZA.jpg.png
85KB, 1110x972px
>>8173138
>>
>>8173157

>the burning need to become female

What do you mean by this? Break it down.

>>8173158
>>8173161

Sickos.
>>
File: oh the ironing.jpg (90KB, 960x768px) Image search: [Google]
oh the ironing.jpg
90KB, 960x768px
>>8173192
>accuses innocent posters of being "sickos"
>most likely is the homosexual pedo spammer sicko himself
>>
>>8173192
>parents say I'm a boy
>instinctively feel this is wrong
>ask me what it means to be a boy or a girl
>have no idea because I'm a young child that doesn't know anything about gender roles, only that I have the instinct for what I am
>insist I'm a girl
>parents explain that I was born a boy, boys have a penis, I have one so I'm a boy
>rational part of me accepts this as truth because it was explained well and the evidence is there
>emotional part of me feels it's completely wrong, if I have a penis it must be a mistake
>can't escape the feeling of my body being wrong, defective
>feels wrong every time someone calls me he
>feelings never go away and get worse every year until I transitioned
There you go
>>
>>8173225
>Hey 0.001% of the population has a gender disorder let's rewrite everything we know and create an entire field of study about it that says everyone secretly craves penetration.
>>
>>8173270
>let's rewrite everything we know and create an entire field of study about it that says everyone secretly craves penetration.
What the fuck are you on about

Why do you need to rewrite anything? There's only male and female
>>
>>8173270
more like 1 in 330 people are transgender, and 1 in 25 are regular crossdressers to some extent.
>>
>>8173292
I thought it was 1 in 30,000 are trans. Your number seems really high
>>
File: download (4).jpg (10KB, 246x205px) Image search: [Google]
download (4).jpg
10KB, 246x205px
Matthew 24:37-39King James Version (KJV)

37 But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,
>>
>>8173330
>KJV
>reading the Bible in (((English)))
>>
>>8173225

That's fine, it's your feelings. And you can pursue those feelings to the betterment of your self esteem and mental health. But feelings do not science make, if they do then the feelies of /pol/ about race-mixing are legitimate science, or the feelfeels of how it's okay to be fat mean being fat is healthy for your self-esteem.

>>8173302

Their Trans number is wrong, it's LGBT (and I would nix the B from it because it's more situational and subjective than absolute LGT. See the trap phenomenon) that is 1 in 330. Research putting the LGBT (again I'd minus B but they include it) population of US at 3.7%. Number I can find for Trans specifically is 1.4 million in a country of 321 million, so 0.4% being trans.

And the crossdressing number is fucking bollocks ridiculous. That would mean 4% of the population crossdresses regularly. That's -0.2 less than all our Jews, Muslims, Hindus and buddhists put together. That's 12 million.
>>
>>8173360
>But feelings do not science make
Right. Just because someone claims to be otherkin does not make those feelings valid

But trans people exist in every culture in the world at a similar rate and have existed since the earliest recorded history. Virtually every modern language has a term for it. Obviously it's scientific interest to explore what the cause of that is and what can be done about it. There is validity to being transgender that doesn't exist with the other kinds of transanythingelse
>>
>>8173360
321M/1.4M = 1 in 230 for trans.

>>8173302
More people have had MtF SRS operations in the US than 1 in 30,000. In fact it is much closer to 1 in 2,000, and the number having operations every year keeps increasing.
>>
>>8172414
You can bitch all day or you can look through the literature yourself and see if it doesn't reach an elaborate version of the same conclusion.
>>
>>8173157
>thought I was a girl when I was three
>tell parents
>actively help me transition
>permanently damage my endocrine system
>hit puberty
>discover that I'm just gay
>damage is already done

In your attempt to 'help' society you are actually ensuring the future pain and agony of innocents. Some people are fucking confused as children.
>>
>>8173705
>kid says they want to transition
>parents say lets hold on until you're older, see if you still feel that way later
>kid says ok
>puberty begins
>kid tells parents they still feel that they want to be the opposite sex
>parents say ok, take these puberty blockers, wait a few more years and we'll see how you feel
>few more years pass
>teen says I still want to transition
>parents say ok and teen tranisitions
>suicide / agony avoided

There's many points there for a kid to change their mind or figure out what they really want

or

>kid says they want to transition
>parents say let's hold on until you're older, see if you still feel that way later
>kid says ok
>puberty begins
>kid tells parents they still feel that way
>parents say it's just made up, it's still a phase, they didn't raise a faggot etc.
>kid doens't transition
>kid is now teen fully affected by the wrong puberty
>despair at maximum, high chance of suicide
>teen tells parents they want to transition
>beaten, thrown out, ignored, told not to talk about it etc.
>teen is now adult
>high chance of turning to promiscuous, dangerous casual sex or drugs to cope
>high chance of failure at job or school
>high chance adult eventually transitions anyway but the damage from puberty is done
>high chance of suicide
>>
File: so angry.jpg (21KB, 360x240px) Image search: [Google]
so angry.jpg
21KB, 360x240px
>>8172918
>doesn't want to take phenotype into consideration because ??? well, non-existent reasons
>only wants to consider karyotype because why not? lol!
>I give an example, Klinefelters, which is a karyotypic condition that doesn't (greatly) impact phenotype
>this techically excludes it from SOME defintions of intersex that define 'intersex' as "both phenotypical and karyotypic"
>Still very much an example of an intersex condition
>many other examples just a minute of searching away
>meme-posts instead of arguing
How do you survive while this dumb? I mean do you need help getting dressed? Fed? Jesus just end it, please.
>>
>>8172942
The problem is that you seem to discard that fact that the ideal of science - that of being completely unbiases - is practically impossible, because it never happens in a vacuum; anyone doing science is inevitably shaped by their experiences and beliefs. Insitutions are always embedded in political, social, economic, etc. structures. There is always some kind of bias. Better to be honest about it and allow for different starting points which yield different results, than to meekly defend a reactionary view of gender with questionable appeals to 'science', while in reality referring to categories (that is, ways of arranging facts) which are conflated with scientific fact.

>>8173157
And now you get it. All these threads are made by people who either transitioned too late or never did.
>>
>>8173724
Nice job dancing around my argument and leaning back on "muh christians" strawman.

What age do you think is acceptable to start doing things like hormone therapy?
>>
>>8173780
I didn't dance around anything you colossal faggot. You made up some bullshit nonexistent scenario where parents gave their kids hormones BEFORE puberty which doesn't even fucking make sense.

>What age do you think is acceptable to start doing things like hormone therapy?
Anytime after the initial signs of puberty, as long as the person has demonstrable lifelong dysphoria.

If a kid says he wants to be a girl when he's 3, and says it again repeatedly until he's 16, there's no fucking chance it's just a phase that they'll regret. Get your head out of your ass.

Why don't you actually address my last post then? Which parts of those greentext blocks do you have a beef with
>>
File: bloom.png (2MB, 2772x962px) Image search: [Google]
bloom.png
2MB, 2772x962px
This is Rachel Bloom, the woman dancer in the video.
>>
>>8173795
Most of the medical literature I've found says that kids aren't given hormones until 16, but some advocate younger. I asked your opinion and you got offended.

The rate of transpeople that regret transitioning is also a bit of a mystery. Some say that regret doesn't exist, or is 1>% levels of rare. Others, like Walt Heyer say it's as high as 30 or 40%. The only scientific literature I've found is for post-op transpeople, and even that varied from 2-10%, and the sample sizes were in the dozens, not thousands.

You say
>there's no fucking chance it's just a phase that they'll regret.
But where is your scientific evidence of this? The topic seems under researched. We are talking about messing around with the sex characteristics of people too young to consent to actually having sex.
>>
>>8174060
>I asked your opinion and you got offended.

i got offended because you bullshitted me with
>Nice job dancing around my argument and leaning back on "muh christians" strawman
instead of actually responding to anything I listed.

Walt Heyer is a fucking psycho who left his wife and kids to cut his dick off. Do you actually know anything about him or his story? He's not transgender, he's an idiot. Multiple therapists told him they wouldn't give him the ok to cut his dick off because they KNEW he wasn't trans so he went and did it under the table and destroyed his entire family to satisfy his fetish. Next you'll tell me that guy who left his family to be a trans 12 year old is legitimate, or that fucking chris chan is an accurate depiction of a trans person. You're fucking retarded.
>>
>>8174075
I didn't use him as a legitimate source. In fact I specifically cited him as the counter extreme to people who claim regret of gender transition doesn't exist at all.

The fact that reading a name (regardless of context) can send you into a tantrum proves that you're too irrational to talk to. In not one of your posts have you addressed in detail the nuance of children transitioning.

In your first post you seemed to have boiled down an incredibly complex topic into

>I am sane and rational. I help my child transition logically and responsibly
and
>My son is WHAT?!! I DIN RAISE NO FAGGOT!! I AM SILLY [shotguns externally]
>>
>>8174060
no money to do the research so it hasn't been done. For those that go to psychologists and therapists and get proper diagnosis of GD it seams to be less than 1% for MtF and under 2% for FtM have regrets. Most of those that do regret end up retransitioning after detransitioing. Being on the right hormones for your brain setup is a powerful drug.

Walt Heyer is a very heavily biased source. For the pos-ops, that is regret on the operation, not being transsexual. Older styles of operations are not great. The newer ones have very low regret rates.
>>
File: absolutely rogered.jpg (25KB, 325x291px) Image search: [Google]
absolutely rogered.jpg
25KB, 325x291px
>>8172351
>>
>>8174113
Again you are fucking retarded

You can be supportive and skeptical at the same time. You don't have to immediately help a child jump into transition, you can wait to see how they feel across their lifespan, over 10+ years time before making a decision. If they're just confused, if it's just a phase, this will show. If it's not, you'll know what the right decision is. How stupid are you to not understand this?

>In not one of your posts have you addressed in detail the nuance of children transitioning.
As a parent if you have a child that is trans you either support it or you don't. What fucking more do you want me to say about this? There isn't a brain scan machine that can tell you if your kid is legitimately trans or not. You just have the wait and see how their feelings are over the course of their life. The more consistent their feelings are over a long period the more likely they are legitimately trans and will benefit from transition.

Do you disagree with that?
>>
>>8174113
And if you must know I reacted that way because Walt Heyer's life is a personal issue for me because my mom forced me to read through all of his stupid shit when I was a teenager to try to convince me that I'm not trans. I never came out to her, she just barged into my room and told me to read all of his stupid shit and said if I didn't I would be thrown out on the street. And when I did read his books and found them to be fucking disgusting and in no way a reflection of my own feelings she threw me about anyway. Forgive me for being a fucking human being with emotions, especially when it comes to the issue that has impeded my entire life and I'm talking to an unsympathetic asshole who is looking to connect ANY dots that justifies his views
>>
>>8174140
>You can be supportive and skeptical at the same time. You don't have to immediately help a child jump into transition, you can wait to see how they feel across their lifespan, over 10+ years time before making a decision. If they're just confused, if it's just a phase, this will show. If it's not, you'll know what the right decision is. How stupid are you to not understand this?
By forcing the child to wait you are psychologically harming the child. Persistence in gender expression over a year is good enough. Those that persist that long don't stop unless it is somehow beaten out of them. Then they are repressed, psychologically damaged and it always comes back. The reproductive coding in the brain is not something you can ignore. It's hardwired to assure the survival of the species.
>>
File: big_daddy_jung.jpg (127KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
big_daddy_jung.jpg
127KB, 1200x1200px
>>8174140
>Do you disagree with that?
No not at all. And I'm not even opposed to minors transitioning, I just feel like parents, and especially the medical community should be more cautious about the practice. The fact that there is frightently little research on the topic makes me even less confident.

Isn't it hypothetically possible that a boy will say they're a girl before they're 5 then the parents, out of desire to be progressive or because of genuinely good intentions, restructure their child's lifestyle to fit their newly picked gender. So they spend the majority of their childhood with a girl name, playing with girls, doing girly things, and being praised by their parents for being feminine (because they want to be accepting). Then, very naturally they fully identify as a girl. In this circumstance was it nature or nurture that caused them to transition. Would they have transitioned if not for their parents regendering their entire upbringing?

Obviously if a child wants to be trans IN SPITE of their parents wishes, something deeper is going on, and their odds of truly being dysphoric are much greater.

Children's mind are extremely malleable, it seems imprudent to transition such young children (younger than 7), especially when next to no actual research has been done on the topic.
Oh and as an aside, when talking to someone with a different opinion than you calling them a "fucking retard" a half dozen times and assuming they're an "unsympathetic asshole" is a bad way of convincing them of your position.
>>
>>8174405
>In this circumstance was it nature or nurture that caused them to transition. Would they have transitioned if not for their parents regendering their entire upbringing?
If they're happy being a girl and don't ever regret it then it doesn't matter. We can't say if it's nature or nurture in that situation without big advances in neuroscience. Your question is more of a philosophical one because we don't have the tools to answer it.
>>
>>8165953
I don't know anyone in a Criminal Investigation Squad. If I did, I wouldn't show them anything made by Bill Nye.
>>
>>8165953
So if you neither man nor lady, what defines you? What are acceptable pronouns to use and how can I tell when to use the appropriate ones.
>>
Is there any evidence that early transition reduces the total number of suicides in the young population due to gender confusion?

> Notice I didn't say "percentage". More people transitioning will dilute the pool of truly gender dysphoric individuals because we all know that many do it as a fad and don't you fucking deny it.
>>
>>8173157
nobody wants you to 'pass'

your only options would be to loudly proclaim to every guy you meet that you're trans (which you probably do anyway, since you lot are obnoxious and love to tell everyone about your special badge), or just hide it and trick people into fucking a disgusting tranny
>>
File: 1479153246639.gif (87KB, 544x533px) Image search: [Google]
1479153246639.gif
87KB, 544x533px
>>8173225
>"i'm a tomgirl!"
>"better cut my dick off because i can't understand that its fine for guys to have feminine traits!"
>>
>>8174415
>If they're happy being a girl and don't ever regret it then it doesn't matter.
But being a transperson is statistically a worse hand to be dealt than cis. More likely to have mental illness, more likely to be bullied, victimized in violent crime, inability to reproduce, identity issues, things I'm sure you understand very well.

Transitioning is a type of medical treatment for the mental illness of dysphoria.

Why would you unnecessarily subject your child to such a life? What are the odds that they will find just as much satisfaction out of being trans as being cis? Just sterility alone will complicate their life, not to mention the trouble they will have with other children because of their inherent differentness.
>>
>>8166576
> implying you wouldn't fuck Jackie 4chan.
>>
>>8165953
this pic looks like its from the sims
>>
>>8174777
>If a boy dresses in girl clothes he'll be sterile!!!!
>>
>>8175463
If a boy is raised as a girl and is given hormone blockers and HRT in their teens, then yes, they'll be sterile.
>>
>>8174777
>unnecessarily
It is necessary if they are more comfortable as the other gender.
>>
File: big_daddy_jung1.jpg (149KB, 1095x1440px) Image search: [Google]
big_daddy_jung1.jpg
149KB, 1095x1440px
>>8177641
Did you even read
>>8174405

Since gender is a social construct, a child will identify with whatever gender they are raised as. So in a sense one can manufacture dysphoria, in which case you are unnecessarily subjecting them to the complications of transitioning. i.e. trouble fitting in, identity issues, monetary cost of transitioning, sterility (which further complicates their marriage prospects), etc.

> Obviously if a child wants to be trans IN SPITE of their parents wishes, something deeper is going on, and their odds of truly being dysphoric are much greater.

But to regender a child before puberty, especially one younger then 7, will possibly manufacture GID where it wouldn't occur otherwise.
>>
>>8177885
If they can have a happier life with transitioning, then it's the right thing to do.
>>
>>8177916
Did you even read the previous posts?
>Since gender is a social construct, a child will identify with whatever gender they are raised as.
So in effect you can artificially create GID in your child, which gives them an objectively worse life than being cis.

Do you disagree with this statement?
>>
>>8178056
I disagree that it's automatically a worse life.
>>
>>8178105
So for a child, which can be equally raised either trans or cis, what advantages does being trans present?
>>
I still don't understand what the brave new world definition of gender is. Some kind of meaningless label that vaguely tells you what kind of genital you prefer to fondle? Some kind of style? an allegiance?
I seriously don't understand. send help.
>>
>>8178311
In our brave new world, humans are sexless creatures who mix and match, buy and sell, characteristics owing to the vestiges of biology which are quickly becoming irrelevant. With the artificial womb and designer babies, procreation will begin in an office. Your outward appearance and that which you desire have become matters of consumption.
>>
>>8178247
>hasn't heard of trans privilege and virtue signaling
>>
File: STEINERinternetdogs.jpg (59KB, 480x485px) Image search: [Google]
STEINERinternetdogs.jpg
59KB, 480x485px
>>8178364
>>
>>8177885
>>8178056
>Since gender is a social construct
This is a stupid assumption. Gender isn't wholly a social construct. There is a core of gender that relates to reproductive role that is hardwired into the brain. You can't fight against that programming and win. You may think you have it suppressed, but it will show it's self when your guard drops. It is this core that the children are responding to. They know they are feminine or masculine, and want to dress as and associate with their own kind.

>>8178247
>what advantages does being trans present?
Not having to fight against that core built in gender base.

>>8178311
Gender is what role you play in reproduction. Are you the mother or the father?
>>
>>8178247
Getting to live in and enjoy a body of the other sex in ways they couldn't in their own.
>>
File: cia.png (21KB, 578x148px) Image search: [Google]
cia.png
21KB, 578x148px
whats with trannies and the like always going on about "I EXIST" when people dont believe in "progressive" gender ideology.

just because you believe its true doesnt make it valid.
theres a reason why we dont just accept everything people believe seriously.
Thread posts: 213
Thread images: 45

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.