[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Working >Customer comes up >Excuse me ma'am >No

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1484183506413.png (175KB, 482x436px) Image search: [Google]
1484183506413.png
175KB, 482x436px
>Working
>Customer comes up
>Excuse me ma'am
>No wait sir...
>wait... ma'am?

Do I pass now?
>>
>>8163873
You 2/3rds pass.
>>
>>8163881
I was presenting male at the time. I'm always presenting male.
>>
>>8163910
Passing only counts if you present male.
>>
>>8163931
Ah well then all is right in the world. Or at least 2/3 of it.
>>
"Passing" to complete strangers who don't care about you (like in shops or some institutions) doesn't count as real passing. They simply don't look at you close enough, often they even misgender cis women as "sir"s or cis men with long hair as "ma'am"s. They don't have dysphoria though so it's just like "haha, I'm a guy though". If you live in a first-world country you can also expect some people gender you correctly although you aren't passable.
What count as passing is being able to make friends without them noticing anything. I always pass when I'm shopping or stuff, but I'm sure I'm way too far from passing for real - I'm not even on fucking hrt and my face definitely needs full FFS. The only thing about me what's feminine is my hair and my voice. I don't even attempt making friends irl because I don't want to feel ashamed.
>>
File: Marlene Dietrich 1950.jpg (232KB, 973x891px) Image search: [Google]
Marlene Dietrich 1950.jpg
232KB, 973x891px
>>8164171
>I don't even attempt making friends irl because I don't want to feel ashamed.

This is sad.
Why should you be deprived of friends just because you don't fit some stereotype?
The more people who get to know un-passing transpeople, the better off we will all be.
Spending your whole life in hiding, waiting for FFS is a shame.
And what if your surgery doesn't produce passing results?
What then?
Just never have any friends?
You people are missing the forest for the trees.
Life is about living, not insisting on some unobtainable idea of perfection.
>>
>>8164199
Yeah, this is sad, though I'm rather waiting for HRT, not FFS, so I can at least try. I simply don't want to make friends as a guy, but no one would treat me seriously if I told them my name was Caroline - they'd just think it's some kind of a joke. I live in a third-world country where most people don't know shit about trans people's issues, confusing them with transvestites or gay people (who should also btw just hide themselves or man up). It's impossible for me to make friends as a girl and otherwise I prefer not having the friends desu. I have internet friends who are tolerant and know about me and I even meet with some of them IRL sometimes.
>>
>>8164171
>passing to strangers doesn't count!
Literally what? Isn't the whole purpose of passing to be that you can go outside as your preferred gender and not get clocked? Your post makes zero sense. Obviously anyone who gets to know someone long enough will notice certain quirks about someone, but you are honestly autistic if you think that passing to strangers is somehow not passing.
>>
>>8164171
How is passing to strangers while in boymode not counting?
>>
>>8164283
It's because they judge your gender based on a little amount of factor to make it easy and quick. Long hair, big eyes and hsoft voice and you're automatically a "ma'am". People who want to get to know you closer put a bigger effort into it, paying attention to your body shape, facial planes, skull shape and size, your nose and many more factors.
>>
>>8164301
I'm male with long hair and get called maam from behind/the side/in peripheral view

I probably wouldn't pass walking around in a skirt or dress
>>
>>8164301
As I mentioned before, I'm not even on hrt and trust me, I don't remotely resemble a woman. Also I'm already 19 so I probably never will. But somehow I almost always pass to strangers and it's just because of my hair.
>>
>>8164352
>already 19
I don't know how bad your situation is but you know this is a meme, right? Why would you want friends who wouldn't accept you if they knew you were trans, even though you apparently pass in public?
>>
>>8164525
>>8164266
ok I actually read the thread now but still
>>
>>8164525
I said I would only want friends who'd accept me. I don't want to risk though. Idk if it's a meme, my best friend started hrt when she was 21 or 22 and she looks cute and passable. My self esteem is low as fuck though and I can't help but see a manly man in the mirror. So yeah, maybe HRT will work for me as well or it won't... I don't even know yet. I'm passable in a way they "mistake" me for a woman which leads to some awkward situations when I have to use my ID (which states male) etc. It's begun since I started using my trained voice.It's cool because it's a bit easier to shop for make-up cosmetics or women's clothes (I dont wear them outside though) etc but it kind of feels as if fate was laughing at me.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.