[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So a friend of mine is getting HRT, which I'm fully behind

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1103.jpg (253KB, 1242x911px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1103.jpg
253KB, 1242x911px
So a friend of mine is getting HRT, which I'm fully behind but I couldn't help but be curious as to what would happen if they stopped taking it after a year or so! Would they go back to looking more masculine again or is it permanent? It wouldn't make any sense for it to be permanent because as soon as they stop, the ratio of testosterone to estrogen would go back to the way they were before they started HRT, right?
>>
>>8160812
Cypro would kill their balls, so it depends.
>>
>>8160819

Stop taking that figurative statement literally. If you stop any AA including GnRH, you will virilize again. The only permanent solution is gonadectomy.
>>
>>8160812
this image triggers my dysphoria to hell and back. Makes me feel pathetic.
>>
Testosterone lays waste to everything in its path. Estrogen kind of washes over you continuously and its effect recede with time.

I know more about FTM stuff but maybe you will find it interesting:

If an FTM takes testosterone for a year and then stops, his voice will have dropped and that is permanent. He will have started getting body and facial hair in more places and it will keep growing there. Any hair he lost from his head is going to stay gone. Things that will reverse is primarily fat distribution: his fat will begin shifting to a female pattern and his hips will appear to get bigger because thats where alot of female pattern body fat goes. His breasts will also start to "deflate". The skin is still there but they will become wayyy less perky.

The estrogen is affecting him because he still has his ovaries. If he had his ovaries removed, he would stop producing estrogen. But then he would have to take testosterone forever, because if he has no sex hormone in his body...I dont quite remember but I think it makes your health deteroriate and your bones get weak, he'd probably get osteoperosis and some other shit people generally do not want.

for MTFs there would be a similar thing going on. On estrogen, their fat would begin distributing in a female pattern and it could potentially make their hips looks a little wider. their skin will feel softer. they will begin growing breasts. they need to block testosterone (i think?) because testosterone just overpowers estrogen. thats why FTMs do not go on estrogen blockers. You dont need to. The T just takes over. Anyway, MTFs dont have much feminine traits to begin with, and if they were to go off of estrogen then the T would just take over again and they would lose everything but their breasts, and as we saw with the FTM, their breasts (which are probably small) will be less perky.

Anyway, to any trans people reading this post, sorry for the nightmare fuel in this imagined going off hormones scenario.
>>
File: Traci Lords.jpg (20KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
Traci Lords.jpg
20KB, 400x500px
>>8160968
Stop letting other things affect your emotional state.
You are in charge of your body.
Take control and decide to be happy and confident.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.