[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are epilators a meme? I'm a man and I hate my body hair

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

Are epilators a meme? I'm a man and I hate my body hair but I don't have the time to shave it more than once a week and it comes back in about 2 or 3 days when i do
>>
>>8160618
I've actually been curious about these as well but I'm a tranny though. I mean I can deal with more pain if they work better.
>>
>>8160618
they are effective, I've been using them for all my body hair including face for many years, hair doesn't grow back for weeks
>>
>>8160741
What kind do you have? How much does it hurt?
>>
Make sure you exfoliate before and a couple days later, or you might get ingrown hairs.

Doesn't hurt too bad, in most places, but I can't do it on my face, armpits, or pubic area.

I've also heard that you shouldn't epilate if you are going to get laser, it does something to the follicles. If anyone actually knows what I mean and can expand on it, please do.
>>
>>8160760
>can't do it on my face, armpits, or pubic area
Welp. That's what I was hoping to use it on.
>>
>>8160618
They work, but you should wax first to weaken the follicles.
They kinda feel like you've got a bunch of angry insects biting you, but it gets better with time and alcohol.
>>
>>8160760
Yeah you aren't supposed to do it before laser because it uproots the hair so the laser won't have a way to zap the follicle and kill it
>>
>>8160779
Oh okay, so it falls under the same thing as tweezing, that you shouldn't do it before laser. I seem to remember something about it damaging the follicles but I'm probably incorrect.
>>
>>8160779
So if I wasn't going to get laser for like 6 months I would be ok doing this until the month before I go?
>>
>>8160745
all sorts of hair, any and all hair are gonna be ripped off

also, wtf does it matter if it hurts, if you want something you're gonna do it anyway
>>
>>8160760
>Doesn't hurt too bad
How long did it take till it didn't hurt like hell?
>>
>>8160871
>all sorts of hair, any and all hair are gonna be ripped off
I meant what kind of epilator do you have?
>>
>>8160935
a common one bought in local cosmetic store

duh. every epilator looks the same and works the same
>>
>>8160911
It never hurt on my arms or legs. Took a few times for my butt. Took 6? Times until it didn't hurt much on my chest.
>>
>>8160802
>damaging the follicles
That's the same for tweezing as well, it could make electrolysis more difficult in the future if it regrow at different angels or something, laser doesn't matter as long as the hair has regrown to the surface, the light/heat will reach the root anyway.
>>
>>8161011
I'm so jealous. For me epilating was a mutli-hour affair just for legs filled with almost unbearable pain, and HRT made it downright impossible.
>>
>>8161083
Ah okay, thanks for the info.
>>
>>8161085
I'm a masochist though so maybe I just liked it. ;-)

Also degenerate side note, epilation is a good way to feel pain if you want to self harm. Doesn't leave marks or scars, and it gets rid of the hair as a bonus too!
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.