[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok hi... so a friend of mine just confirmed that they are agender...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_5726.jpg (67KB, 658x537px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5726.jpg
67KB, 658x537px
Ok hi... so a friend of mine just confirmed that they are agender... and asked if we would address them as they,them etc. So I'm fine with that.. but sorry for my ignorance but I don't understand what it means if someone has no gender and I would greatly appreciate if anyone could elaborate and explain this to me. Thanks
>>
>>8160530
just means they don't like to identify as either male or female, best to just go with it instead of wasting the limited brain cells we have left after this swamp of a site
>>
>>8160530
It means she's a fucking memelord.
>>
>>8160576
That they are
>>
That sounds like some Tumblr BS right there, OP.
>>
It means they're appropriating a serious condition as a fashion accessory, stay the fuck away from this attention whore.
>>
>>8160530
It means 'im mentally ill and want to be a special snowflake please give me attention while i make stuff up'.
>>
File: 1484641877667.png (44KB, 901x500px) Image search: [Google]
1484641877667.png
44KB, 901x500px
>>
People here are mostly just going to be jerks about it tbqh. It has become a "trend" to identify as nonbinary identities. But really it's just that it is becoming more acceptable, so more people are doing it, and because other people don't think of it as a real or necessary thing they give it alot of hate.

Just go read this thread, agender falls within the "nonbinary" category usually >>8150807

These are my posts about it in that thread. I went super tl;dr in that thread but I don't think I'm going to again in this one:

>>8152770
>>8152868
>>8153529
>>8155489
>>8155521
>>8158263
>>8158298
>>8158327
>>8158386

The basic summary of my posts is that feeling like something other than male or female is a pretty common human feeling. in many cultures of the world throughout time, there has been a "third gender" category for such people. Whether there is a 3rd gender category or not though, people who feel that way exist. So people now who are identifying with nonbinary genders and asking for recognition are simply part of a cultural shift where our culture is going from not recognizing a 3rd gender to recognizing a 3rd gender. It's not actually that unusual or new and it's not an affront to biology or anything. It's just a cultural (and lingustic) thing that I don't really see causing any harm, and will make life nicer for some people.
>>
>>8160530
OP genetics is a slam jam of mutation, meaning that you will get people who have less phsyical or psychological sexual dimorphism. agender people claim to have no psychological dimorphism. this is probably not an exact situation but the trufax is that most langauges already have a gender nuetral pronoun and using they them and their is the closest thing english has so I feel confident in assuring you it's the right pronoun to shill.
>>
it means your friend is a transtrender (trans because it's trendy) who wants attention and probably has a tumblr blog
>>
>>8160530
It means they're just confused. They'll grow out of it.
t. mtfg
>>
>>8160530
It means she's a gender reformist.
Since we're all gender binarists here it means she's marxist scum.
>>
>>8160585
I think we should say "they is" when we are using they as a gender neutral singular. Makes it more of a real pronoun rather than a grammatical hack that doesn't really fit.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.