[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you cope with the fact you'll probably be a hon if

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 1

File: 1492200372298.jpg (19KB, 200x282px) Image search: [Google]
1492200372298.jpg
19KB, 200x282px
How do you cope with the fact you'll probably be a hon if you transition? I'm 23 almost 24 and I haven't transitioned yet so I'm pretty sure I'll look like shit. I'm like 90% sure I'll be a hon but at the same time I'm like 90% sure I will kill myself if I don't transition. I honestly don't know which is worse at this point.
>>
I don't apply absurd amounts of meaning to passing, that's how. And it's genetic anyway. You either have it or ya don't.
>>
Mentally ill fetishists should take the suicide-pill.
>>
>>8148813
It's easy, live through fiction and other people's lives instead of through your own!. I don't like it but it works.
>>
I took hormones at 23 it didn't change anything desu made me younger and clearer pale skin but that's it. Some people are blessed some people are. If your genetics are there don't do it.
>>
>>8148956
Iktf. I just look like a teenage boy and most people treat me like some retarded kid now.
>>
>>8149441
You're not trutrans if this isn't how people always treated you
>>
>>8149441
>most people treat me like some retarded kid now
???
>>
>>8149461
I mean people automatically consider me stupid/underage and always act really condescending towards me even before I open my mouth.
>>
>>8149497
examples?
>>
>>8148813
My philosophy is this, if you want to die and probably intend on suicide; why die without trying? For all we know life is a one time thing. So just see how it goes and if eventually you're still miserable then it's time to reevaluate your goals.
>>
>>8148813
If you're gonna probably kill yourself then it makes sense to at least try transition and do your best. Worst case scenario you can go femboy mode. Maybe HRT alone will make you feel satisfied.

Also take \lgbt\'s thoughts on passing with a grain of salt. The standards here are usually too strict to be of value anymore.
>>
>>8148813
Have you seen a therapist? I've been dealing with the same exact stuff, and am pretty sure I wouldn't pass (also 23) and am going to see one soon. I've literally been back and forth for the last several years and I'm just going to bite the bullet and talk to a therapist. I pray that this is some sort of mental issue that can be solved. But this is absolutely the best next step.
>>
>>8150094
>Also take \lgbt\'s thoughts on passing with a grain of salt. The standards here are usually too strict to be of value anymore.
Fucking this, when you start clocking cis people the expectations are dangerously unrealistic.
>>
>>8150061
>why die without trying?

because I want to die because life is very painful, making it more painful by humiliating and alienating myself isn't going to make me want to live anymore
>>
Is starting at 23 actually old enough to doom you?
>>
>>8150110
lol they're just going to tell you to transition. they enjoy watching transitions on a professional level, so they're not going to say anything else.
>>
>>8150215
No, if you have bad doom genetics they'll probably get you before 20.
>>
>>8150250
Was asking for myself cause I started at 21 but have decent genes, so if 23 is survivable then 21 is at least survivable as well.
>>
Become femboy. Use your male socialization to be alpha despite young feminine looks. You'll be like Griffith as long as you're not a cuck.
>>
>>8150204
if you're not on hrt at least start. the results can be surprising sometimes. like i'm starting at 23 and had severe mpb but it's grown back to like my 18yo hairline in 3 months
>>
>>8150286
>Use your male socialization to be alpha
???
>>
>>8150286
only your dick won't work and you'll have tits you have to hide all the time
>>
>>8150235
Not OP here
That's why I've not really seen one. I'm just a crossdresser, wishing to go full time, but honestly, I think I'd end up asking a psychiatrist about lithium or other medications to try and rid the dysphoria. I think I could still pass alright at 24, but Im not confident about going through an actual transition process.
>>
>>8150312
do you want your dick off? if yes transition
>>
>>8150312
>tfw don't care about solving my problems bc I just want to be a girl so bad
>>
>>8150319
See, I've always been prude about only my crotch and disliked it. But I'm not sure I could be rid of it. Having a sports bra and good pair of fakes has helped me a lot when I'm just on my own and see myself. My big issue is I think I would be just more likely to kill myself if I transitioned for several reasons.
>>
>>8150337
It's weird. It somehow gets in the way of shit. Oh yeah, anxiety is one way.
>>
>>8150338
what's your etiology like? if it had a late onset you can also come out of it
>>
>>8150338
>My big issue is I think I would be just more likely to kill myself if I transitioned for several reasons.
Estrogen should make you feel good and make that less likely, though. They don't just give you tits.
>>
>>8150319
Don't give people retarded advice like that.
>>
>>8148814
This is hon logic, if you don't try to pass as female then how do you deal with gender dysphoria? And if you don't have gender dysphoria, why the heck are you transitioning?

>>8150061
This is my thinking. At least now if everything falls through and I end up suiciding by heroin OD in a gutter somehwere I'll know I did everything I could and have no regrets.

>>8150215
No, genetics is far more important than age. You can transition at 35 and be supermodel-tier, you can transition at 14 and never ever pass even as an ugly female.
>>
>>8150293
I always get this meme that HRT is a magic pill that will make your life suddenly better
>>
>>8150428
It did for me and others too from what I've read
You should definitely try it at least
>>
>>8150438
trying hrt is like admitting defeat though

it's basically saying "I'm a mentally ill faggot"

and if It doesn't work then I'm even more of a defective human being than I currently am
>>
>>8150438
>You should definitely try it at least
why
>>
>>8150459
If it works like it did for me and the others it will make you feel a lot less defective
If you're planning suicide anyway you really have nothing to lose
And a month or two will have no permanent effects
You have nothing to lose
>>
>>8150479
because
>>8150488
also why not
>>
>>8150459
>trying hrt is like admitting defeat though
Defeat against what? Repressing is defeat.
>>
>>8150495
>>8150488
i'm not planning suicide anyway. i'm planning on a miserable life and that could make it worse.
>>
>>8150525
Hmm that's true actually
I thought I'd just try hormones for a month but ended up not being able to stop
And I've read a few other people with the same experience
So yeah maybe you're right
>>
>>8150500
not really

it's just a huge gamble and you hope that somehow you pass

if you don't pass you basically just went "I'm a huge faggot" and now everyone knows

It's a lot less scary to just die than to have people know you're like that
>>
>>8150612
>implying you can't just perma boymode
>>
>>8150612
>It's a lot less scary to just die than to have people know you're like that
Why are you ashamed of who you are?
If people judge you for it, fuck em.
The thought of dying having everyone think you were a cis boy is worse.
>>
>>8148813
Started transition when I was almost 25 and after I finally managed to suppress my depression thanks to meds.
I don't plan to live longer than 35 anyway, so I might as well try transitioning and see what happens.
>>
>>8150365
I thought the hormones put you through mood swings for like a year. But then there's also the socially coming out to everyone who doesn't already know. Basically just the family.
>>
>>8148813
KYS/kms
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.