[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else tell their parents they're trans start HRT and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: 1491812183330.png (889KB, 756x715px) Image search: [Google]
1491812183330.png
889KB, 756x715px
Anyone else tell their parents they're trans start HRT and stay boymode? My parents know I'm on HRT but I'm just still presenting as a male a year later.
>>
>staying boy
Maybe you're actually not trans at all?
>>
>>8143984
I look like a man if I could pass I wouldn't be boymode.
>>
>>8143984
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>8143970
I only told my mom since I barely see my dad but yeah pretty much same.
>>
I wish I had done this desu.
>>
>>8144482
Why? What did you do and what went wrong?
>>
>>8143970
This is my plan. Don't be sad about not being ultra femme it's a meme anyways.
>>
>>8144507
Just felt pressured to have to present as female before even being on HRT, and thats an awkward thing.The therapist I went to was kinda eh about information and getting me help to start transition (though to be fair I was one of her first trans patients). Now my city has a damn informed consent clinic and eeeeveryone can get HRT.
>>
>>8144546
How did she pressure you? When was this?
>>
>>8144482
>>8144546
Hey this is kinda weird and off topic but someone on 4chan told me you have type 1 diabetes. So I have it too and I was just wondering what aa do you take? And do you have to do anything special because you have diabetes and are on HRT? I'm horribly sorry if you don't have it and I look like a retard. I made a thread about diabetes and HRT like 2 weeks ago and someone told me to ask you about it.
>>
>>8144546
>and thats an awkward thing.
Maybe you're actually not trans at all?
>>
>>8144578
I saw your post actually but the thread had 404'd.

>what aa do you take?
Yeah I have type 1. I take 200mg spironolactone once a day.
>And do you have to do anything special because you have diabetes and are on HRT?
Nope. My doctor and my endo have both never said I had to. I find the spiro can raise my blood sugar but if my long acting isn't high enough most meds will for me personally.

How long have you had type 1? I didn't get it till I was 23 and I'm 26 now.
>>
>>8144647
I've had it since I was 8 so it's been awhile. For the longest I just figured I couldn't transition because I had diabetes. Did you get diabetes after you started transitioning or before? Thanks again for letting me know it's hard to find anything online about it.
>>
>>8143970
Same except my parents don't know im on HRT and only one of them know.
>>
>>8144673
Got it before I started transitioning, I was worried it would effect that as well. It kinda is hard to find info, I don't think diabetic trans women is a large group at all.

My endo agreed to even let me start progesterone if I really wanted it but he explained most of the evidence for it is anecdotal and how it can further increase blood clot risks so I decided to not continue with it, specially considering how diabetes effects the vascular system.
>>
>>8143970
I'm not telling my parents because I cannot expressing my trans feelings without crying or mentally disengaging from the situation, but yeah, boymode here, if my parents ever find out I'll just tell them what I'm doing, I'm probably moving out and becoming financially independent in a few months anyway, so it's not like they would bother stopping me
>>
>>8144715
Yeah I keep freaking myself out trying to look up stuff online. Then in the thread I made everyone was saying I would probably just have to get an orchi because of kidneys. I'm actually really really glad I ran into you so I could ask what you're taking and everything. I'll probably end up going to the informed consent clinic when I go to my endo next time. Well thank you a lot.
>>
>>8144782
Yeah I saw that in the thread I reeee'd. I'm sure in the long long run it might help but I'm 3 1/2 years HRT now and my kidneys and liver are perfect. No problem.
>>
>>8144764
Write a letter.
It would've been impossible to fully and clearly express my condition to my parents had I not gotten everything on paper with a clear head.
Once that hurdle was gone they just sat and talked to me and asked questions, which felt like it was more under control.
>>
>>8145228
I've came out to parents before and it went kinda awful, especially because I was 10 at the time, although I tried again at 15 and it still went bad.

If I decide I want to tell them what I'm doing or what I've done, I'll probably do that, but I don't need to come out just now so I'll avoid it because I can
>>
>>8143984
WTF?!
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.