[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't usually post on this board but I'm currently

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: images (18).jpg (16KB, 439x335px) Image search: [Google]
images (18).jpg
16KB, 439x335px
I don't usually post on this board but I'm currently shitting my pants.

I was in a platonic relationship with another guy, but ended because I discovered he was cheating on me. Fast forward to now and I have a mild flu, muscle aches fatigue whatnot and I go see my doctor who's very test happy and has me get a blood test.

I've just got a phone call back to come in for an appointment Friday to run more tests. I'm absolutely distraught now because I'm scarred my ex gave me hiv

Should I be worried about this call?
>>
>>8136481
He was cheating on you in a... Platonic... Relationship?
>>
>>8136594
Sorry that was a mistake of wording. Meant to say monogamous
>>
>>8136481
I honestly think if you tested positive for HIV they would probably mention that over the phone.
>>8136594
That's exactly what I was thinking.
>>
>>8136481
are you in the US?
do they have free HIV treatment where you live?

I have a friend who has it, and he lives a normal life
meds have improved a lot since the 90s
>>
>>8136656
cont: you may not have it, but if you did, it's no big deal. it's like diabetes
>>
Doesn't the symptoms of HIV take almost years to develop? I don't know how long ago it was but I doubt that's the case if it's recent.
>>
>>8136481
It's standard to double test your results (Where I'm from at least) if it comes out inconclusive or positive (Yes, some times this happens).

I'm personally terrified of HIV and I know a bit of how you feel.

If you have it well, it's not going to kill you. If you do have it, get on treatment and join your city's HIV resource center so you can get support from others who know a lot on that kind of stuff.

Sorry you're having such a bad time.
Hope it works out :(
>>
>>8136696
The test was not specifically for hiv just a generic blood test. I'm not sure what else they would want to re-test for.
>>
>>8136708
Anything could be wrong with your blood, anon. Hormone levels, nutrition issues, diseases like anemia or diabetes, etc. There's no reason to assume it's HIV just because they want to double check.
>>
>>8136809
Thank you. That's reassuring. It's just quite spooky and all paired with this flu.
>>
>>8136809
>>8136810
don't listen to these idiots anon

there's only one reason doctors may want to reconfirm blood tests, and that's when they find bad shit in your blood

they do a 2nd to make sure it wasn't randomly contaminated before breaking the bad news

let me do it for you:

[spoiler]you're gay[/spoiler]
>>
>>8136833
>fucked up hormone levels, BMRs, diabetes, anemia aren't "bad shit in your blood"
>>
>>8136833
I didn't get tested for hiv specifically, leaving the chance open it could be something else. The timing however worries me.
>>
>>8136663

Everyone is different but a tell-tale sign is flu-like symptoms a few weeks after infection, though many people contract it and show no symptoms at all.

>>8136481

It's a valid concern but don't fret too much over it. The chances of contracting HIV are fairly low, even if you are unprotected. Hope everything turns out ok.
>>
>>8136629
A lot of doctors won't give test results over the phone, it's a legal liability.
With my doctor I have to setup a "password" to do it over the phone, and even then he usually doesn't like to do it.
>>
File: bugs-bunny-39.jpg (215KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
bugs-bunny-39.jpg
215KB, 1920x1080px
>>8136481
Last time I was tested I got an email saying I was negative. I expected a phone call as well for when I was positive. But they sent an email cause I bummed the doc out so much talking about depressing shit. Such as how you are born alone and die alone. However, I got an email saying I was just negative.
>>
when I got called in for more testing before, it's because I was positive for chlamydia. I went in, got a shot in the ass, and now I'm negative.

if it's anything, it's most likely something minor and manageable.
>>
>>8141141
Jesus anon
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.